[PHOENIX, ARIZONA 11/13/10] The Valley of the Red Sun's "Bey Bash"

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

** THE TOURNAMENT IS FINISHED! CHECK OUT THE BREAKDOWN HERE**

If you were at the tournament and you wish to give input on how we can make the tournament better for you, click here to send me a private message!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Nov. 04, 2010  11:45 PM)DarkLight Wrote: About the changing of the date, that's just, i'm only in arizona that time. I fairly live far away, so i'm visiting relatives at the same time. Therefore, I can only come at that time. Yet, if i'm causing any inconvenience I'm sorry. You don't need to or anything, it's just i was a bit excited for my first tournament, so it's ok. Thanks.

No need to apologize. We've just been planning on a tournament for so long that changing the date may minimize the amount of people that are going to go. We really can't have that. If you know when you're visiting your relatives next time, we could probably coordinate a time that would be great for you and the other bladers.

Quote:why not texas fort worthhttp://worldbeyblade.org/images/boardsmilies/eee.png
will you people have one in texas fort worth because i wont to battle other people or killeen.

We really can't plan to make tournaments elsewhere. We're only minors after all. We possess the ability to drive, but not to Cali or Texas for a tournament. We do hold tournaments at major events here in Arionza [for example; we tried to hold a tournament at Saboten Con].

RTP, a friend of mine, is trying to set one up for Taiyou Con. We're hoping that this will attract more people since people can not only come to the convention for our tournaments, but to see and do other things as well.

We'd really love to see more tournaments on the West Coast and South-side.

As far as making Phoenix a potential "hot spot" for other bladers in the future, RTP has been questioning the possibility of making a RANBAT system. I'll ask him to make a post here about it as well to see if it'll drum up some buzz for the entirety of the West Side.
Wow i left for a few months and know theres a WBO tournament going on in az... well cant pass on an chance like this so sign me up
Do... A...Tournament ...In...Houston...!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you put me down as a possible attendee?
So, an exact location hasn't been decided or will it be determined on the day of the tournament?
Sure. And we do have an exact meeting location. I just haven't drawn up Google Maps or uploaded the pictures I took the other day. My brother's camera is giving me trouble. So I may only have Google Maps to go off of, but even then, it won't be hard to spot us.

The prizes have been decided as well. I'll be updating everything later on today.

EDIT: And in order to prevent ANY confusion as to where we're meeting WITHIN the park, we will be meeting at the *entrance* to the park. We will, then, go to the location together as a group and set up there.

REMINDER: THE TOURNAMENT IS IN FIVE DAYS
As another coordinator for this event, I'd like to experiment with the possibility of introducing a Valley-wide Beyblade "Ranked Battles" system.

What the system is, objectively, is similar to the WBO-based Beypoints system in the sense that it allows us to determine who is the best Beyblader in the Valley. (Or rather, Arizona) The only exception is that unlike the WBO system (which from my knowledge is similar to the now-extinct Beypointers), it's impossible to lose points. This being, you only gain them; the only thing is, the people that place top eight get more points.

Ranked battles are done in the form of a double elimination tournament, and points are allocated as follows:

1st Place: 10 points
2nd: 8 points
3rd: 7 points
4th: 6 points
5th: 5 points
6th: 4 points
7th: 3 points
8th: 2 points
Less than 8th: 1 point

Ordinarily, Ranked Battles (Ranbats) tend to distribute cash that was obtained from the entry fees as prizes; but such would be in bad taste, considering the nature and demographic of Beyblade. So primarily, it's more of an incentive to get out there and have more frequent Beyblade meetups and events within the valley, and as such, they should be free. (Unless the event is WBO certified. But you only have to pay the entry fee to participate in the WBO-framework tournament) So the more we have them, the more opportunities we have to give out points. However, it's simply for sport and not so much for winning limited edition prize Beyblades or anything; we're not the WBBA.

So what do we think of this framework? I'd like to run a ranked battles tournament shortly after we finish the WBO framework-based tournament, and any sort of comments or questions are encouraged. Keep in mind however, that the results of Arizona ranked battles are only recognized in Arizona, and as such they possess no precedence in the WBO Beypoints system.
Hm, what is wrong with our Credits system, with the Quest for Quetz ? It looks like that, plus we have the Beypoint System and Faces as you know ... I am just not sure developping a whole other system is necessary and relevant at all, plus there is a limit to how much we can allow the promotion of such unapproved events.

If you want to have more frequent gatherings and that you think they should be free, then everybody could simply buy a Blader Passport for ten dollars at this event, and all the others will be free and will include all the benefits of World Beyblade Organization-approved tournaments.
i believe there are a couple new attendees to put on the list Smile
(Nov. 09, 2010  3:17 AM)Beyblade┼Spirit Wrote: i believe there are a couple new attendees to put on the list Smile

I was going to do a run-through on Wednesday when I had the time, but thanks for noticing Spirit Grin!
(Nov. 05, 2010  4:37 AM)DaijoubuQuest Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2010  11:45 PM)DarkLight Wrote: About the changing of the date, that's just, i'm only in arizona that time. I fairly live far away, so i'm visiting relatives at the same time. Therefore, I can only come at that time. Yet, if i'm causing any inconvenience I'm sorry. You don't need to or anything, it's just i was a bit excited for my first tournament, so it's ok. Thanks.

No need to apologize. We've just been planning on a tournament for so long that changing the date may minimize the amount of people that are going to go. We really can't have that. If you know when you're visiting your relatives next time, we could probably coordinate a time that would be great for you and the other bladers.

Quote:why not texas fort worthhttp://worldbeyblade.org/images/boardsmilies/eee.png
will you people have one in texas fort worth because i wont to battle other people or killeen.

We really can't plan to make tournaments elsewhere. We're only minors after all. We possess the ability to drive, but not to Cali or Texas for a tournament. We do hold tournaments at major events here in Arionza [for example; we tried to hold a tournament at Saboten Con].

RTP, a friend of mine, is trying to set one up for Taiyou Con. We're hoping that this will attract more people since people can not only come to the convention for our tournaments, but to see and do other things as well.

We'd really love to see more tournaments on the West Coast and South-side.

As far as making Phoenix a potential "hot spot" for other bladers in the future, RTP has been questioning the possibility of making a RANBAT system. I'll ask him to make a post here about it as well to see if it'll drum up some buzz for the entirety of the West Side.
but know one will take me to phoenix
(Nov. 09, 2010  2:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, what is wrong with our Credits system, with the Quest for Quetz ? It looks like that, plus we have the Beypoint System and Faces as you know ... I am just not sure developping a whole other system is necessary and relevant at all, plus there is a limit to how much we can allow the promotion of such unapproved events.

If you want to have more frequent gatherings and that you think they should be free, then everybody could simply buy a Blader Passport for ten dollars at this event, and all the others will be free and will include all the benefits of World Beyblade Organization-approved tournaments.
It's just another localized rankings system that only possesses precedence within Arizona. Since the WBO-framework tournaments possess tangible benefits like prizes and international online ranking, WBO tournaments clearly possess more incentive to compete in. The ranbats system is just another supplementary tournament to be held on the sides to determine who's the best Blader in Arizona at that given moment. Like how the WBO Beypoints system is international, the ranked battles system applies strictly to Arizonans. They don't detract from the WBO tournaments at all, and it's just in an experimental phase at the moment. Bladers are by all means encouraged to participate in both ranking systems.

As for the question as to whether it's necessary or not, none of it really is. Hell, it's not entirely necessary for us to host tournaments in general. I'm on my way to college, and I don't have very much time in my schedule. But we went off and tried to host a tournament anyways. Why? Because it's fun. And again, I honestly don't understand how a completely independent localized rankings system is of any harm to the WBO at all. If anything, it only provides additional, even if marginal, incentives to go out and play with Beyblades, and given the fact that this is a message board dedicated to them, I can't see anything wrong with that.
It is just that we are an organization trying to promote our tournaments with our rulebooks, and the Beypoint System and Credits attached to them. If your new system would concentrate more Bladers for it than for our Beypoint System, I would see an issue, however you seem to say that they will really just be complementary, and if that is entirely true all the time and that tournaments with the Beypoint System side are done at the same time, then it could be OK.

Obviously I meant : "is it necessary when we already have a lot of other structures and features that can act in a similar way".
Well, given the fact that we'd like to stress the use of the Blader Pass (to be able to hold more WBO-certified events) and the fact that the hypothetical ranked battles would be held at such events, I suppose it really isn't. Even then, it would require a great deal of time to be able to perfect the system and obtain regular participants. The ranbats system seems more like the kind of thing that would work better with more mature enthusiasts or people that have experience with it in application to fighting games.

What I had considered was a method to enhance local cohesion within the Valley as far as Beyblade is concerned. I suppose, it would be possible instead, to constantly update the Arizona thread with information pertaining to local competitors and tournament results according to the Beypoints system rather than utilizing an independent ranked battles system. It's more work, but more uniform, which works.
Awesome!!! signed-up, will be there Thanks!
So, to clarify, the Ranbats system would be employed within WBO sanctioned tournaments? So, it would necessitate regular attendance to events in AZ, and be used to gauge general skill within AZ Bladers? 'Cause that sounds cool!
so am i signed up?
Yes you are.

And happy Veterans' Day everyone! If you're from the United States, then celebrate this day well. If not, have a great Thursday/Friday!
thanks
Sign me up to. I can't wait for it
Also thanks to because my dad is a veteran
(Nov. 11, 2010  2:33 AM)Themailman Wrote: So, to clarify, the Ranbats system would be employed within WBO sanctioned tournaments? So, it would necessitate regular attendance to events in AZ, and be used to gauge general skill within AZ Bladers? 'Cause that sounds cool!
We're just going to use the WBO ranked system. Maybe we could experiment with the idea of 3v3 ranbats in the future, but for now, it's just going to be WBO-format all the way.
Cool. Though, I think this idea might merit further consideration if we start to get regular tournaments going...
Hey, small problem, The park is built on an overpass so when you google map it it gives you wrong directions 'cause it thinks the park is ON the freeway. just wanted to let people know.
Ok, fixed it, you gotta put in [67 West Culver Street, Phoenix, Arizona]. I think it was the park name that messed it up. Hope no one else had this problem.
hah, that's cause the park IS on the freeway so its not giving you wrong directions, not for me at least.