Philadelphia, PA
Tournament Results
FDR Park
1800 Pattison Ave
  Meet in the field next to the tennis courts. When you first enter turn right
11:00 AM on 03/05/2017
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Philadelphia has been inactive for a while and I'm gonna change that. This. Is.  PHILLY PHREEZE!! There will be both Burst and MFB Limited tournaments at this event. There will be extra parts for everyone to use (especially my MFB parts) for both gens of beyblade if you would like to have a better combo. Please note: This will be an unranked club format event or pushed to a later date if 8 members do not show up. 
[Image: mWlw7jP.png?1]
As many of you may know, the WBO has implemented new rules for this year. the preliminary round is the same with it being run in round robin format and the top 4 moving on to the finals. For the finals, there are many new rules:
1.First Blader to reach 5 points wins.
Outspin: 1 point
Stadium Miss/Contactless KO: 1 point
Knockout: 2 points
Burst Finish: 2 points
2. Deck Building
Each Blader comes to the stadium with 1 to 3 completed Beyblades. There can be no repeated parts within a deck 
3. Deck Presentation
Bladers present their deck to the judge in private and then to the opposing player before the BeyBattle begins.
Both bladers attach their first Beyblade in secret; the match begins as normal.
Replays
After each round, the loser is asked if they want a replay, which bars both bladers from switching their Beyblade in the next round. Replays do not alter the result of the previous round; a loss is still a loss, and you can’t replay once you’ve lost the match.
Switching
If a replay is declined, both bladers may switch Beyblades before the next round. The winner of the previous round must declare first if they will switch. If they will switch, they must make their selection and then show it to the opponent. The loser then has the option to switch their Beyblade for another Beyblade in their deck; however, they are not obligated to.

At the end of a round, bladers MUST refrain from touching or picking up their beyblade or the stadium until the judge has ruled the winner. In burst format this is especially important because if a layer has clicked all the way but has not bursted, the winner of the round is reversed and the layer that has clicked must be replaced by a different version of the same layer. If this is not possible, the match is a loss for that blader.
Read over the more detailed versions of these rules in the organizers guide and become familiar with them before the tournament. If a club format event is necessary, it will be run just like this.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE!!!: If you are attending both tournament and do not have or plan on purchasing a passport, you must bring $10 to pay for both events. It may be a good idea to buy a passport because I plan on hosting events in the summer.

PRIZES!!!
1st: Beyblade Burst Starter (V2 or K2) and Supergrip Launcher
2nd: Remaining Starter
3rd: Supergrip Launcher

I will be selling:
Holy Horusood V.J. (RBV4) $11.95 (non-negotiable)

What is Beyblade Burst?
[Image: gnJ23kG.png]
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It first launched in Japan in 2015 and was recently released in North America by Hasbro. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally. 

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for the duration of the event!

Side Notes
Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions about this tournament may be asked in this thread.

Confirmed
Me 
DECEPTICON
DECEPTICON's brother
RandomBlader64
Yami
ben65732
valtryek blader
Neptrius
Blues Brothers
Blues Brothers's Brother

Hope you all can come out for this event!!!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Feb. 27, 2017  2:54 AM)Doom blade 177 Wrote: Will you get prizes

prizes are listed in the thread. they will be given as long as it is ranked. 
are you from the area and able to make it
So you are confirmed to be there? @[Doom blade 177]
(Feb. 27, 2017  6:46 PM)cool doom Wrote: can i be free

no you must pay $5 for 1 format, $10 for both formats, and $15 for a passport. but it is free if it is a club format event
Sorry for the semi-irrelevant question but how do I setup a tournament of my own for people to see on this website?
(Feb. 28, 2017  2:33 AM)Ishgria Wrote: Sorry for the semi-irrelevant question but how do I setup a tournament of my own for people to see on this website?

You should send a private message to a Committee Member.
There has been a time change!!!! be on the lookout for a date change as well. it is not definite but it might happen
(Feb. 28, 2017  2:37 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You should send a private message to a Committee Member. 
 First, im new to this website so I don't know how to do alot of things, second, aren't you a committee member?
(Feb. 28, 2017  2:53 AM)Ishgria Wrote:  First, im new to this website so I don't know how to do alot of things, second, aren't you a committee member?

yes he is so send a message to him or anyone else whose username is dark blue
*She, though hah.
I don't know what it is but my mind always defaults to he for some reason. I'll probably do that a lot. Sorry!
can you host one in glen ellyn or glendale height
(Feb. 28, 2017  11:19 PM)Animemaster24 Wrote: can you host one in glen ellyn or glendale height

Hey, just you know most of us live in Pennsylvania or Maryland and Illinois is a long way from where we live. It is best for you to look into the Illinois community thread here. If you think you can get at least 7 or 8 people in your area you can go ahead and take the Organizer Quiz and attempt to host your own tournament.
I will keep this short and sweet my fellow blader friends.

My name is Zeo. I won every toys r us tournament in Philly during the 1st generation (beyblade to G Revolution).

I could of won the East coast tournament in New York....but I knew the blade I needed was not in America yet and I had the Japanese version....so I lost....knowing I would..but still maintained my honor. I am in my 20's and have not been up to date on blading. I Only use first gen blades (non metal also).

It is all about the "skill", not the blade. The blader makes the battle ;) and I am clearly a passionate professional. I led my own team for years.

Can I participate?

If so, I am excited.

I said I was attending, but want to clear this up before I make it definite.

Thanks guys
(Mar. 02, 2017  1:39 AM)DarkWarriorZeo Wrote: I will keep this short and sweet my fellow blader friends.

My name is Zeo. I won every toys r us tournament in Philly during the 1st generation (beyblade to G Revolution).

I could of won the East coast tournament in New York....but I knew the blade I needed was not in America yet and I had the Japanese version....so I lost....knowing I would..but still maintained my honor. I am in my 20's and have not been up to date on blading. I Only use first gen blades (non metal also).

It is all about the "skill", not the blade. The blader makes the battle Wink and I am clearly a passionate professional. I led my own team for years.

Can I participate?

If so, I am excited.

Thanks guys
Oh yeah you can definitely participate. I lend you some MFBs and I'm sure @[Yami] and others will be willing to lend you some burst. There is no plastics tournament but you can bring them for freeplay if you would like (I would like to see them so please do). So can I confirm you?
(Mar. 02, 2017  3:19 AM)PL? Wrote: ░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄░░░░░░░
▄▀▀░█░░░░▀█▄▀▄▀██████░▀█▄▀▄▀████▀░░░░░░░
█░░░█░░░░░░▀█▄█▄███▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄░░░░░
█░░░█░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░█░░░░
█░░░▀█░░█░░░░▄░░░░▄░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░█░░░
█░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█▀▄░░
░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░█░░
░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██░░░░
░░▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░▀█░░
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█░░█▀▄ █▀▀ █▀█ █░░░░█░▄░█ █ ▀█▀ █░█░░█ ▀█▀░█
█░░█░█ █▀▀ █▀█ █░░░░▀▄▀▄▀ █ ░█░ █▀█░░█ ░█░░█
█░░▀▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀░░░▀░▀░ ▀ ░▀░ ▀░▀░░▀ ░▀░░█
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Stop spamming before u get banned
That is unfortunate that all blades are not welcomed for tournament style battling.

I might attend. I will notify you all if I do.

Thanks guys.
(Mar. 02, 2017  3:29 AM)DarkWarriorZeo Wrote: That is unfortunate that all blades are not welcomed for tournament style battling.

I might attend. I will notify you all if I do.

Thanks guys.

yeah well if you didnt see, this is a burst and metal fight limited tournament. you are welcome to bring Plastics for freeplay but you cannot use them for the tournament. it will be a fun tournament if you decide to come. i have many competitive parts for MFB i can lend you for the day and i can catch you up on the new gens. if you want to talk more, message me
I read it. I just didn't want to believe it.

I hoped the small minded-ness from earlier generations, might have updated. At least....it is all ages now.

A shame. But alas, it still sounds fun. I just wanted, in addition to meeting friends and sharing my wisdom, to win another tourney haha.

Thanks again. It is much appreciated. It is either about competing for me....or making friends, really. Why Hasbro decided to keep some similarities of all beyblading the same, but change other things to not make it "universal", really made it difficult for millions of bladers to coexist. As we all know....to find the best bladers....ALL need to be involved. Not separate generations. It shouldn't still be called beyblading then, due to the disconnecting factors of people who all Love and Want the same thing. Real life to be like the show...just for forever haha. They made it this way, but I am happy people still are passionate, despite all the bladers from different generations, having to be worlds apart and segregated, professionally and competitively.

They say World Beyblade Organization is it? But only current blades? Ridiculous.

P.s. - I didn't "spam". We are communicating, like people do. Be more kind and less authoritative. It isn't like thousands of people are attending haha, lighten up bro ;)
(Mar. 02, 2017  3:49 AM)DarkWarriorZeo Wrote: I read it. I just didn't want to believe it.

I hoped the small minded-ness from earlier generations, might have updated. At least....it is all ages now.

A shame. But alas, it still sounds fun. I just wanted, in addition to meeting friends and sharing my wisdom, to win another tourney haha.

Thanks again. It is much appreciated. It is either about competing for me....or making friends, really. Why Hasbro decided to keep some similarities of all beyblading the same, but change other things to not make it "universal", really made it difficult for millions of bladers to coexist. As we all know....to find the best bladers....ALL need to be involved. Not separate generations. It shouldn't still be called beyblading then, due to the disconnecting factors of people who all Love and Want the same thing. Real life to be like the show...just for forever haha. They made it this way, but I am happy people still are passionate, despite all the bladers from different generations, having to be worlds apart and segregated, professionally and competitively.

P.s. - I didn't "spam". We are communicating, like people do. Be more kind and less authoritative. It isn't like thousands of people are attending haha, lighten up bro Wink
I wasn't saying u were spamming. The other guy (PL?) was trolling

Anyway you could still win, especially if you show up early I could show you some stuff about the new gens. Let me know if you can make it! I really hope so!
Yes, I had to delete several posts by a user named PL? who was SPAMming a lot... He got quite a warning, hopefully he cannot post for a long while. I hope that you guys can forget about this and that nobody's feelings were hurt due to this miscommunication, it just all happened at the wrong time.

About the formats, DarkWarriorZero, we definitely encompass all of them. The issue is that it depends entirely on what local communities and hosts want to play or even own. Generations are not meant to cross-play, and we even go a step further separating Plastics from HMS since they are such different systems. But really, to avoid very unnecessary breaks, unfairness, etc. we follow the logic that Bladers from one generation are only supposed to battle each other. If you ever try playing with Beyblades from two different generations, I think you will fully understand this logic.

Therefore, if nobody in a region ever knew Plastics and barely owns any of those Beyblades, clearly they tend to want to attend tournaments of other formats that they can actually play in.

Even if all generations were allowed to mix, Plastics and HMS' popularity, or the number of Bladers who own them, is only decreasing each year. We do, however, highlight these first generations each year with the HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day in July, where we encourage as many areas as possible to host tournaments of those formats. The timing is great since people are supposed to be free in the summer, and we usually have a lottery where every participant of those tournaments gets entered, to entice people to attend even more. Our official social media pages also feature content related to Plastics and HMS as often as possible, since that usually depends on the ideas and the time I have since only half of the Committee own some, I think.

So yes, we are the global Beyblade organization and we earned that name.