Otakon 2009 Beyvolution.

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Otakon 2009 Beyvolution

Date(s):Friday July 17-Sunday July 19

Venue:Baltimore Convention Center, 1 West Prat Street, Baltimore Maryland,21201

Time: TBD(Im thinking 1pm-4pm or 1pm to 7pm)

Entrance Fee:$50(Preregistration) $60 Friday-Saturday(At-Con Registration) $25 Sunday(At Con Registration)

Mission Statement: The Event aims to connect Beybladers predominately those located on the East Coast of the United States and [/u]promote the exposure of Beyblade itself, while having a great time in the process. Anyone else is welcomed to join.

Tournaments: Metal Fight Beyblade

Stadiums:

Con Website: http://www.otakon.com/default2.asp

Hotel/Lodging Information: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mod...pID=140571
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attendance List(NOTE * means might be attending)
Jehuis Rad/Reno's Sub
Flashfox*
Shining Blaze*
James*
Leo Aggressive.
Maz*

Now I'm hoping that a good amount of you guys can come and we have a good time and perhaps hangout and eat afterwards or enjoy the convention itself. If anyone is planing to be there early(Friday) Please let me know or if you have already gone to Otakon and have any suggestions please let me know and GO SHOOT!

Blaze if you are wondering why I put you up there I figured you would possibly go as you've been going since '06.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hey sounds great!!! Sign me up with an * because I'm not entirely sure... Most likely I'll go though
Very happy to see planning this far ahead of time ... if I can help at all be sure to PM me.
oh right, a Tournament in PA, sign me up because I going to be there
Brad thanks for the support. Glad to see that your interested.

Leo, It's not in PA its in Maryland,but I'll assume you meant near PA. Also it's not definite on how many people will be at this event as of now. I'm realistically aiming for at least 10-15 people, but I'm hoping for a great amount.

On anther note I'm thinking of adding prizes for at least the HMS and MFB Tournaments,but that is reliant on funds and attendance and I strongly advocate that people also go to the convention as it is a great convention and is constantly expanding and improving that summer will be my fifth year.
(Sep. 14, 2008  7:20 PM)Jehuis Rad Wrote: Brad thanks for the support. Glad to see that your interested.

Leo, It's not in PA its in Maryland,but I'll assume you meant near PA. Also it's not definite on how many people will be at this event as of now. I'm realistically aiming for at least 10-15 people, but I'm hoping for a great amount.

On anther note I'm thinking of adding prizes for at least the HMS and MFB Tournaments,but that is reliant on funds and attendance and I strongly advocate that people also go to the convention as it is a great convention and is constantly expanding and improving that summer will be my fifth year.

yeah I did, I will be at Otakon 2009 for sure
If I can catch a ride with someone I'd totally be down.
Bump.

With the Unvealing of the new WBO, I felt it was relavent to revive this topic to put a few updates.
- I ordered the 3 MFB stadiums so expect those to be in use
- If anyone who is going is 18+ I highly suggest pairing with someone who is younger and share a hotel room.
- I have a General idea of MFB Prizes and the few extra things i have planned for people that are at the con that might be interested in Beyblade.
- I Plan to constantly have the WBO fourms up on a computer so that people who are new to Beyblade can register.

I also do have many other things planned I just need to make sure people are committed. As I'm starting my budget list ahead of time.

-
Moving to the WBO forum.
can we talk about a better name maybe
I will attend if it makes sense to be in Maryland around that time. Grandpa lives there.
That would be great Anubis.

Here is the projected prize items(Subject to Change)

1st Place Prize: Reshuffle Attack and Balance Set, Reshuffle Defense and Stamina, L Drago.

2nd Place Prize: L Drago, LibraDF145BS, Launcher Grip

New Feature: BEYGINNERS

Yea this basically includes promoting the game introducing new players to the WBO and the world of competitive blading. Basic information about the history of Beyblade, its evolution, and its current status would be discussed along with basic concepts and stragies. Each Participant would receive Either a Pegasus, Bull, Leone or Sagitterio along with a Beypointer Particpents are free to exchange parts with each other to create their own Customs and pretty much enjoy the game.

Im thinking of either having a Beyginners Raffle or Tournament with the prizes coming from this list.

Stadiums: Attack Type, Stamina Type, Balance Type
Beyblades: Libra(2), L Drago
Misc:Launcher Grip(4)

The Total cost to fund all of this would be $271.78... Not counting shipping, so the sooner i can get a definite list the better.
I have added this to the BeyUK Forum.
The Raffle seems like a Great idea to me!
Can you make this a plastic beyblade tournament to pleaseEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man, I wish I could go to this one ;_;
(Dec. 07, 2008  7:56 PM)Adrian W. Wrote: Can you make this a plastic beyblade tournament to pleaseEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather not as it would be well into the year where Takara will have released a considerable amount of MFB and it is fundimental better to promote MFB for the newer players, I mean feel free to bring your plastics to have fun with, but there will be no plastic tournament.

and for people who have trouble going try to convince your family to take a 3 day vacation. Baltimore is actually a pretty good city and the area where the con is located has a lot to do also.
ok But later in the year will there be any plstic tournment or tournament for all.
My mom said we will see but seeing it in summer 2009 she will let me go mybe but just to make sure u better put me down as *don't no if I will make it list*
Adrian W was banned permanently. Cleaning up the topic now. Sorry about that Jehuis.

Also, LEARN TO USE THE REPORT BUTTON. This would've been taken care of a lot faster if someone had reported it.
I should be able to make it, but barely. I'll be returning from the Philippines for summer '09. Also, it's a good thing that I don't have Field Training yet. If I did have Field Training, I couldn't go to Otakon no matter what. That's supposed to happen summer of '10 though...and it's gonna be hell.
UPDATE: Sometime this week I intend on contacting the programing representative of the con. Wish me luck. Grin
If you need any help from me you know how to reach me.
Me and blaze will be willing to help as well. As long as he is still taking me down there, I'll be willing to do whatever you need me to do.
Ok, i hope you don't mind but there are a few points that I'd like to address:

*This tournament is a little expensive don't you think? Entrance fees alone would be $135 and that's not even including gas, food, or lodging money. Also, the people participating may actually want to spend some of their money at the con as well, because if i where to go it'd be my first time at the con and I've been wanting to go ever since 04 but haven't had the chance. Or are those the entrance fees for the con itself and therefore not negotiable?

*Why is it heavily suggested that we bring someone younger than us if we are 18 and up, is the con riddled with little kids?

*The Stadiums, is it possible that we can do battle in the portable stadium? It's my home stadium and i just never liked the idea of being knocked out of the ring unless you where dealt a very strong and vicious blow inwich this stadium ensures, just my opinion. I mean if you don't want to use it then fine, but i wanted to see if it was at least up on the menu for discussion.

That is all that i wanted to say, THANK YOU!