Original Deathscyther/Doomscizor attack potential?

Do either of the layers have any attack potential?

I have Doomscizor and really like it aesthetically, but would it be a bad idea to use it for attack? I currently have it in the combo Doomscizor Heavy Extreme.
I've been told that the TT versions are good in Classic format.
Hasbro Doomscizor is awful for pretty much any kind of combo (edit: it's apparently got good stamina my b) , Deathscyther was a top tier stamina part back in season one but it's not great at attack.
(Oct. 05, 2021  6:35 PM)MrMister Wrote: Do either of the layers have any attack potential?

I have Doomscizor and really like it aesthetically, but would it be a bad idea to use it for attack? I currently have it in the combo Doomscizor Heavy Extreme.
Look at the shape and think. 
Test it. 
Get the Takara Tomy one.
(Oct. 06, 2021  8:20 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2021  6:35 PM)MrMister Wrote: Do either of the layers have any attack potential?

Look at the shape and think. 
Test it. 
Get the Takara Tomy one.

I have tested it, and it does well. But I do not have any competitive combos for classic.

If I knew the answer already, I wouldn't ask. 

I looked at the shape, and it looks offensive to me because of the almost 90 degree angle of the blades.
(Oct. 06, 2021  1:14 PM)MrMister Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2021  8:20 AM)GreaterLonginus Wrote: Look at the shape and think. 
Test it. 
Get the Takara Tomy one.

I have tested it, and it does well. But I do not have any competitive combos for classic.

I looked at the shape, and it looks offensive to me because of the almost 90 degree angle of the blades.
It does look attack like, but due to bad burst resistance, it's only good for stamina basically

I personally think the Hasbro version is underrated, but still kinda a glass canon to the point where it's higher risk than other things. Unfortunately, not for attack tho, it's confined the stamina
(Oct. 06, 2021  1:52 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2021  1:14 PM)MrMister Wrote: I have tested it, and it does well. But I do not have any competitive combos for classic.

It does look attack like, but due to bad burst resistance, it's only good for stamina basically

I personally think the Hasbro version is underrated, but still kinda a glass canon to the point where it's higher risk than other things. Unfortunately, not for attack tho, it's confined the stamina
I agree that it’s good for stamina, but why did you say it has bad burst resistance? I was under the impression that the deathscyther layers, the first 2 before god, had very strong teeth.
(Oct. 06, 2021  1:52 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2021  1:14 PM)MrMister Wrote: I have tested it, and it does well. But I do not have any competitive combos for classic.

Ohh makes a lot of sense.

(Oct. 06, 2021  2:55 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2021  1:52 PM)bladekid Wrote: It does look attack like, but due to bad burst resistance, it's only good for stamina basically

I agree that it’s good for stamina, but why did you say it has bad burst resistance? I was under the impression that the deathscyther layers, the first 2 before god, had very strong teeth.

Doomscizor has bad slopes I think anyways yeah i just made a stamina combo and got about 2 mins of spin time out of it. WOW!
(Oct. 06, 2021  11:48 PM)MrMister Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2021  1:52 PM)bladekid Wrote: It does look attack like, but due to bad burst resistance, it's only good for stamina basically

Ohh makes a lot of sense.

(Oct. 06, 2021  2:55 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I agree that it’s good for stamina, but why did you say it has bad burst resistance? I was under the impression that the deathscyther layers, the first 2 before god, had very strong teeth.

Doomscizor has bad slopes I think anyways yeah i just made a stamina combo and got about 2 mins of spin time out of it. WOW!
Yeah it's good. I would definitely recommend a tight driver if you have it. I like defense and Ab-S.

(Oct. 06, 2021  2:55 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:

The first deathsyther did have good teeth, but a pretty pronounced shape. Not only that, but the teeth would wear out in like 10 battles.
(Oct. 07, 2021  3:29 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2021  2:55 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I agree that it’s good for stamina, but why did you say it has bad burst resistance? I was under the impression that the deathscyther layers, the first 2 before god, had very strong teeth.
The first deathsyther did have good teeth, but a pretty pronounced shape. Not only that, but the teeth would wear out in like 10 battles
Oh yeah! I forgot that the dual layers and single layers teeth wear down. Yeah, that makes sense. It’s funny how attack layers are good of for stamina so many times (OG deathscyther, twin nemesis, imperial, tempest, dynamite,etc)
(Oct. 07, 2021  3:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2021  3:29 PM)bladekid Wrote: The first deathsyther did have good teeth, but a pretty pronounced shape. Not only that, but the teeth would wear out in like 10 battles
Oh yeah! I forgot that the dual layers and single layers teeth wear down. Yeah, that makes sense. It’s funny how attack layers are good of for stamina so many times (OG deathscyther, twin nemesis, imperial, tempest, dynamite,etc)
Yeah. But also nemesis is still more attack imo
(Oct. 07, 2021  4:31 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2021  3:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Oh yeah! I forgot that the dual layers and single layers teeth wear down. Yeah, that makes sense. It’s funny how attack layers are good of for stamina so many times (OG deathscyther, twin nemesis, imperial, tempest, dynamite,etc)
Yeah, but it still does well on stamina setups like outer orbit metal, but yeah it’s better for a stamina-attack hybrid like on expand destroy and stuff.
(Oct. 07, 2021  4:52 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2021  4:31 PM)bladekid Wrote: Yeah. But also nemesis is still more attack imo
Yeah, but it still does well on stamina setups like outer orbit metal, but yeah it’s better for a stamina-attack hybrid like on expand destroy and stuff.

I had the impression that Outer Orbit was stationary attack.

(Oct. 07, 2021  3:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2021  3:29 PM)bladekid Wrote: The first deathsyther did have good teeth, but a pretty pronounced shape. Not only that, but the teeth would wear out in like 10 battles

Layers from Xcalibur onwards have improved teeth, so it’s incorrect that Dual Layers wear down quickly.
(Oct. 07, 2021  5:05 PM)GreaterLonginus Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2021  4:52 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah, but it still does well on stamina setups like outer orbit metal, but yeah it’s better for a stamina-attack hybrid like on expand destroy and stuff.

I had the impression that Outer Orbit was stationary attack.

(Oct. 07, 2021  3:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Oh yeah! I forgot that the dual layers and single layers teeth wear down. Yeah, that makes sense. It’s funny how attack layers are good of for stamina so many times (OG deathscyther, twin nemesis, imperial, tempest, dynamite,etc)

Layers from Xcalibur onwards have improved teeth, so it’s incorrect that Dual Layers wear down quickly.
Outer orbit can be used for stationary attack on stuff like Seige, but outer isn’t the best for stationary since it’s not very heavy. Outer orbit metal is more of a stamina/destabilizer setup. It’s got less stamina than things like atomic, but since orbit metal has less friction and a smaller ball it’s gas till got great stamina and can destabilize stuff easier. 
Ah, ok. Good to know
(Oct. 07, 2021  4:31 PM)bladekid Wrote:

I actually forgot nemesis existed tbh