Organizers' Circle forum is born! And a clean-up of the WBO General forum

Hello World Bladers!

In the past few weeks, we kept hinting at a lot of good news coming up in the future, so here's one of them!

In an effort to improve the quality of the World Beyblade Organization's tournaments, and to also give really all the tools a WBO Member would need to start up an approved event in their area, we've decided to open an Organizers' Circle forum!

Hosts will be able to share tips about tournament organization, crowd management, etc., and they will be encouraged to write a report for each event they hold. That way, we can all keep track of what went well, what worked less well, and we can all offer suggestions to improve future tournaments that host will do.

What's the requirement to gain access to this forum? You only need to have organized one successful WBO-approved tournament and you automatically get in! Of course, that means that this event must be "cleared", so you must have sent the WBO both the results and the money collected at your tournament. As such, we have more than fifty hosts, so we won't list them all, but hopefully you can recognise if you're part of this group or not.

We already have the best Beyblade tournament organizers here, so let's make the best out of it and these new interactions will certainly allow all the potential hosts to get on the same level as everyone else, for the best Beyblade experience there is!

The Organizers' Circle forum can be found in the WBO Organized Play category, with the Official Events forum and the WBO General forum.

Members who can post in this forum will have a username in bold. However, a lot of you are also Advanced Members, so we'll let you decide which 'decoration' you want!

In other, but related news, we have created a Teams sub-forum for the WBO General forum. Within the next few hours, all the team topics will be moved into this new sub-forum, so this will leave the important threads for trying to gather tournament interest in regions in the four other sub-forums that are the core of the WBO General forum.

All threads, no matter where they are located in the WBO General forum, must still have a proper prefix in their title, as was the rule in that forum.

Lastly, some of you might have noticed, but we've clarified that image macros count as one-liner posts too. Please take a moment to write your emotions in words, as always!

Hopefully you like all these news, and stay active for other awesome news in the future! We've definitely got a lot more!

... What's this?! Are May 26-27th... BEYDAYS??!!
I did actually host a tourney but whatever.
Great work Kai-V..!!!
As you are moving team threads then are team tourneys going to be approved in the future??
(Mar. 29, 2012  7:04 PM)Ultra Wrote: I did actually host a tourney but whatever.

I have just put everyone we have compiled into the organizers group, but it is entirely possible that we forgot some people unfortunately. Send me a private message telling me which tournament it was.

ashton pinto Wrote:As you are moving team threads then are team tourneys going to be approved in the future??

We have still not come to a conclusion or anything.
THANK YOU! As the Organizers Circle Forum won't matter much to me as of now, but I am really happy to know about the teams sub forum.... The best one can do too make the WBO General less congested. Smile
And wow, BeyDays!
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEYDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS

YEAH

This Organizer's Forum sounds really cool, hopefully I can get in on it too!
[Image: 165lpj.jpg]

Hah the Organizer's Forum sounds interesting :P i'll try contribute with my ability... I attempted several tournament last year ._. and the only thing that gets in my way was the whole 'Veteran" thing
Sorry to be a noob but what is beydays, i like the team sub forum, now the 'people gathering' threads will be noticed more
(Mar. 29, 2012  8:16 PM)apple1075 Wrote: Sorry to be a noob but what is beydays, i like the team sub forum, now the 'people gathering' threads will be noticed more

You should really go check the previous years' BeyDays announcement topics. BeyDays is the biggest event of the year for the Beyblade community.
So will the free tournamentw and creating tourmeys without event proposals be there
No. It will be the same as normal. Just a load of tournaments going on!
If you can't be bothered to write an event proposal you probably shouldn't host a tournament Tongue_out

This is a great idea!
I've hosted one successful WBO-approved tournament, so why can't I gain access to the forum?
great idea! I wish i could attend beyday tourney but nonetheless enjoy beydays guys ! Grin
(Mar. 29, 2012  9:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you can't be bothered to write an event proposal you probably shouldn't host a tournament Tongue_out

This is a great idea!

But i'm pretty sure that last year they had something where anyone could host a tourney without going through the event proposal thing, this coincides with my birthday, i'm so excited

What a great idea :-) Cool!
Im looking forward to BeyDay. Also glad to have the Organizers Circle. Definitely gonna be posting there tonight.
Although pretty much all of this doesn't apply to me, it's pretty cool!

Diggin the bold.

We're screwed over her for BeyDays, so sad I missed the last one!

I'm still super excited for upcoming news!
I've hosted two tournaments so far, both of which have been cleared.

Also, I'm looking forward to BeyDays! Hopefully someone in GA can get one going; I would hate to miss out on the fun. Smile
I just learned from my mom that I can't host or attend any tournaments, because I have to go to Tennesee that weekend for a family reunion.
Great updates. The organisers circle should be a great tool (though I think I'll keep my italicised name, haha), it's a shame Deikailo isn't around much now, though.

It's also nice to see the clean up- it really is hard to keep track of things with the swathes of team threads clogging up the forum.

(Mar. 29, 2012  6:47 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Lastly, some of you might have noticed, but we've clarified that image macros count as one-liner posts too. Please take a moment to write your emotions in words, as always!

Thanks for announcing it.
Wow! cool news! Can`t wait till the beydaysXD
BEYDAYS!!! Woohoooo.!!!