Organized Play Rules new releases!

(Something's coming up, but meanwhile...)

Finally, some official new releases for those old Organized Play documents! We’re proud to announce the publishing of the Universal Rulebook Release 6 and the Event Guide Release 3, which should all make your lives easier!

Universal Rules Release 6
Event Guide Release 3

All WBO Organizers should make sure to print these new versions, and every Member needs to read both of these documents from the beginning to the end again to refresh their memories and make sure they’re aware of the major new rules, like the following :
  • Limited Format: It’s all known already, but all the details about the Limited Format are now included black on white in the Universal Rulebook.
  • Stalling Clause: The time for the Stalling Clause has been brought down from 4 to 3 minutes.
  • Attachment Tricks : It’s now illegal to try playing on words about whether your Beyblade is attached/ready/inserted/etc. No fake attachment is allowed either, and while it was obvious, nobody can lie to a judge like by saying that they’re ready when they’re not.
  • Re-Shoot Clause: When invoking this clause, if you choose to switch your launcher, it must now be the exact same launcher type. You cannot switch from a Light Launcher 2 to a Rev Up Launcher anymore!
  • Winning Combinations : It was already announced last year, but posting the list of the top three winners’ winning customizations for a tournament in a timely fashion is now officially mandatory. The only exception, as always, is if a big event is coming up like a championship and that a qualifier winner will be traveling to the final tournament in that championship. However, even in that case, their previous winning combination will simply have to be posted right after the championship. If a host cannot do it for some reason, the lists can simply be sent to a Committtee Member who will then post them in the Winning Combinations topic.
  • Seaborg Tip Inverting : Legalized a year ago too, the possibility of inverting the rubber tip of Seaborg’s Defense Grip Base is officially in the books now!
  • Judge Impartiality : You’d think this was obvious, but some complaints and questionable behaviors have made us clearly write in the Organized Play Rules that, of course, no judge should even look as if they observed what a Blader was using and then go talk to the opponent who happens to be their friend or even their rival. You can’t give off that impression at all, so if that means you have to restrain yourself and remain seated at the stadium in silence until both Bladers are ready, then so be it!
  • Clear Numbers : The Event Guide is now a lot clearer! There are clear numbers for each format, as well as refined explanations where applicable. We’ve also added Swiss as an official format, but make sure you only use it if you fully understand its workings!

That’s about it, but just in case we forgot any detail, as we mentioned, make sure to download and read the new versions right now!

(Refresh the page of the .pdf documents if the same old versions appear when you click on the links above!)
Great, a lot of holes and gaps were patched up. This will definitely benefit all bladers.
Something's coming up? I'm excited, sounds awesome!

Anyway, glad these were added, thanks to everyone who put work into this!
Ah good a new release. I still say a 1-2 minute stalling clause would be more then enough. But at least its been changed.
Just realized that Kai-V forgot to add one important point to the OP. It's regarding Re-Shoot Clause. Here is what I added:

Re-Shoot Clause Wrote:
  • Re-Shoot Clause: When invoking this clause, if you choose to switch your launcher, it must now be the exact same launcher type. You cannot switch from a Light Launcher 2 to a Rev Up Launcher anymore!

I don't know if anyone ever took advantage of this exploit, but if you haven't ... too late now! Haha.

(Jun. 22, 2014  5:03 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Ah good a new release. I still say a 1-2 minute stalling clause would be more then enough. But at least its been changed.

2 minutes is doable, as we saw during GRAND BATTLE ENCORE: Zero-G, but I personally felt like it wasn't always enough time for a Blader to make both an informed decision, and to build out whatever that decision was if necessary.
(Jun. 22, 2014  5:04 AM)Kei Wrote: Just realized that Kai-V forgot to add one important point to the OP. It's regarding Re-Shoot Clause. Here is what I added:

Re-Shoot Clause Wrote:

I don't know if anyone ever took advantage of this exploit, but if you haven't ... too late now! Haha.

XD... Good you caught that, geez I could of used that (just kidding). You were actually able to do that?
Cool. I suppose the lessened time of the stalling clause is more efficient. I think the new thing coming up will be Limited in zero g stadiums.
(Jun. 22, 2014  5:06 AM)AZL Wrote: XD... Good you caught that, geez I could of used that (just kidding). You were actually able to do that?

Yup. I think it was originally that way because we wanted to avoid a situation where a Blader ended up losing because nobody else had a Light Launcher 2 (or whatever obscure type of launcher someone might use) available for use, but we decided that it should be the Bladers responsibility to bring extra launchers in case something like that happens. It's more important to stop people from attempting to invoke Re-Shoot Clause simply to gain a strategic advantage by switching to something like the Rev Up Launcher that allows for increased RPM because the situation calls for it. I applaud anyone who caught on to that beforehand though!
That was interesting ! I finished downloading & reading both as soon as I got to thread xD
I personally love the idea of no attachment tricks, hah. I'm glad that's now referred to as illegal.

As for Stalling Clause, I found it to be that battles went a lot quicker at Grand Battle: Encore when Stalling Clause was only two minutes, though three minutes can be good also, since it does give tournament attendees a chance to both think, find their stuff, and of course, put the Beyblade together.

Anyways, I'll probably end up going over the new changed rules at LMAO's Birthday Beynanza today with members who aren't familiar with the change of ruling, and or members who simply didn't see this thread.
(Jun. 22, 2014  4:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
  • Attachment Tricks : It’s now illegal to try playing on words about whether your Beyblade is attached/ready/inserted/etc. No fake attachment is allowed either, and while i twas obvious, nobody can lie to a judge like by saying that they’re ready when they’re not.
I think that's a spelling mistake?

The new thing is obviously me going for committee. Serious
It's probably just Beylotto results. However, I keep seeing Kei, Kai-V and Cannon "Viewing Forum" I'll just wait and see.
Happy to see the stalling clause be brought down. At AN, I felt 4 minutes was a bit too much, considering many called it.

Excited whatever this new thing coming up may be. Tongue_out
I like how the new Event Guide explains each type of tournament format including Swiss. The hosting guidelines definitely seem a little clearer now.
Never competed before, will do soon, glad these are now in effect!
Rules are immediately in effect right? This is awesome!
(Jun. 23, 2014  3:54 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Rules are immediately in effect right? This is awesome!

Yes, absolutely.
This is super awesome! So much better combining everything and in a clean manner. Looks great! Smile
I looked at the Limited Format and I saw that on the Ban List page, the ban of Synchromes was not mentioned? Is this correct or did I not see it?
(Jun. 23, 2014  11:51 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: I looked at the Limited Format and I saw that on the Ban List page, the ban of Synchromes was not mentioned? Is this correct or did I not see it?

I'm pretty sure it was. Maybe you skipped over it.
(Jun. 23, 2014  11:53 PM)Echizen Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2014  11:51 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: I looked at the Limited Format and I saw that on the Ban List page, the ban of Synchromes was not mentioned? Is this correct or did I not see it?

I'm pretty sure it was. Maybe you skipped over it.
I just looked over it and it isn't there. It says ban parts that are too heavy, but not specifically anywhere, on the ban list that Synchromes are banned.
I don't think ot was directly pointed out, but it suggest no synchromes, and it has a diagram.

The goal behind Limited was to create another balanced Metal Fight Beyblade format centered around giving older and/or lighter parts a chance to shine, be them your old Hasbro Legend Series wheels or your new Crystal Wheels from Zero-G/Shogun Steel! To do that, in this format, parts that are either A) too heavy, or B) too powerful for the remaining lighter parts are banned.

Because this format is very new, the ban list is still being improved, and might slightly change every so often (usually on the first of the month), though for the most part the ban list is rather stable and any changes would be minor. To check out the most up-to-date discussion behind the ban list (or for more information about the format in general), check out the Limited subforum!

The current ban list is on the next page. Remember, this list only applies to Limited tournaments; you can still use your favorite Synchroms and Hyperblade wheels in Standard and Zero-G tournaments!
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:03 AM)Echizen Wrote: I don't think ot was directly pointed out, but it suggest no synchromes, and it has a diagram.

The goal behind Limited was to create another balanced Metal Fight Beyblade format centered around giving older and/or lighter parts a chance to shine, be them your old Hasbro Legend Series wheels or your new Crystal Wheels from Zero-G/Shogun Steel! To do that, in this format, parts that are either A) too heavy, or B) too powerful for the remaining lighter parts are banned.

Because this format is very new, the ban list is still being improved, and might slightly change every so often (usually on the first of the month), though for the most part the ban list is rather stable and any changes would be minor. To check out the most up-to-date discussion behind the ban list (or for more information about the format in general), check out the Limited subforum!

The current ban list is on the next page. Remember, this list only applies to Limited tournaments; you can still use your favorite Synchroms and Hyperblade wheels in Standard and Zero-G tournaments!
I am talking about the actual Ban List on the next page. Nothing is really suggested to be banned here. This just explains the format.
Oh. Yeah it doesn't include any synchromes, but maybe becuase there are many different synchrome combinations.
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:11 AM)Echizen Wrote: Oh. Yeah it doesn't include any synchromes, but maybe becuase there are many different synchrome combinations.
It should at least say that all Synchrome combos are banned.
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:11 AM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2014  12:11 AM)Echizen Wrote: Oh. Yeah it doesn't include any synchromes, but maybe becuase there are many different synchrome combinations.
It should at least say that all Synchrome combos are banned.

Maybe Synchrome should have it's own format...Synchrome only.