[Orange County, CA] Tournament

Poll: Would you like to see tournaments in the Orange County area?

Yes, I've been waiting for this!
50.00%
Perhaps, but Los Angeles is fine as it is.
40.00%
No, this is a bad idea.
0%
Sapphire is a idiot who doesn't know how to make tournaments happen!
10.00%
Total: 100% 10 vote(s)
Yes, I am aware that to some already comfortable with the Los Angeles area this thread may be considered irrelevant, but when it comes down to it, Los Angeles is not the most convenient location for everyone in the southern California area. Therefore, it is beneficial to establish an alternate location that is both easier to access for many and to overall boost the amount of activity on the west coast. Orange County, can be seen as one of these potential alternatives, so as anyone can see the initiative of this is to start hosting as many tournaments as possible in this area and others nearby, so that once Burst is released worldwide, California will be at the epicenter of a Beyblade boom, and then we'll be on our way to becoming one of the great Beyblade communities such as those in Canada and the UK! So then, why don't be begin?

Although I don't consider my ability to gather bladers together and organize a tournament particularly fantastic, if necessary, I will host if I need to. As for locations, there are many. Cities such as Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine, Fullerton, and Huntington Beach are all good starting points. Of course, the location is up to everyone else, so wherever need be will work. The formats of the tournaments will alternate between MFB Standard, Limited, and Burst, though eventually we will switch to Burst mostly.

As I mentioned before, ideally we would be having tournaments every two to three weeks (at least during this summer), once we have location(s) settled. But before we can get to that topic, first this must attract interest and participants. So if anyone is interested, post here or send me a PM, so we can get this underway!
Some live next to orange county, but the majority dont. But i chose L.A because theres more beyblade shops there and stuff. Not that much in O.C.
Orange county is Ok,But L.A. has more shops and most likely more people know where it is.

perhaps this could be for Special occasions or something.
Yeah, I didn't think so. No matter. I'll scout out a few parks this weekend if I can, or next. At least grass is better than the bottoms becoming instantly warped on the concrete, but it seems the others have already found a different spot without that issue.
I posted this in the LA thread but I was thinking of holding a tournament on June 26 at Mile Square Regional Park in Fountain Valley. I've never hosted an event before so I might need some help. But it doesn't seem like OC is good for most bladers. I can say that any town in OC is better to drive through than downtown LA lol. Maybe during the summer, some people can make the drive since they'll be on vacation.
I can Host in both LA and the IE/OC area (The rare perks of separated parents). But I don't think I'll host my own local tournaments unless I have club members wanting to battle or something. I just think that LA events can get more publicity like we got last week.
(May. 06, 2016  6:45 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: I can Host in both LA and the IE/OC area (The rare perks of separated parents). But I don't think I'll host my own local tournaments unless I have club members wanting to battle or something. I just think that LA events can get more publicity like we got last week.

True, true. But is publicity the #1 commodity? Eh, never mind. That would be a condescending question to ask. Well, it's clear that without it, you can't get a good amount of participants. But I'm okay with small tournaments! The atmosphere is generally more enjoyable for me.

Couldn't explore around today, but I will tomorrow. If not, next weekend. This will be a thing, eventually.
Let us know how that goes. I used Almeria park last year, if that's an idea. This could even be our own tournament thread.
My concern about this is that it could possibly split the very small community that we barely have here in Southern California. I think there are a few approaches that we can take:
1. Depending on who is hosting, it is around there locations, but we should at MAX have 3 locations.
2. We can switch between locations every other tournament.

All I really want is for there to be more consistent tournaments. So we need to do is figure this out immediately, very quickly.
(May. 08, 2016  2:37 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: My concern about this is that it could possibly split the very small community that we barely have here in Southern California. I think there are a few approaches that we can take:
1. Depending on who is hosting, it is around there locations, but we should at MAX have 3 locations.
2. We can switch between locations every other tournament.

All I really want is for there to be more consistent tournaments. So we need to do is figure this out immediately, very quickly.

This is a better idea. I don't want it to be split, so this is better. Wow, I didn't think of that. Unhappy That would be a problem. Then, the three locations could be:

Griffith Park
???
???

We're dropping Weller Court, right? Sure it has shops, but I really don't think having everyone's bottom's destroyed is very fun, unless we have a huge mat, if those exist. Or if we just buy so many and connect them.
Now unless we do this at someone's house or a mall, we'll always have to worry about concrete messing up our beys, and that place was probably better than other places I've been to in that area.
My opinions for locations not including Little Tokyo are:

1. Griffith Park(LA)
2 Almeria Park(Fontana)
3. ??????? (Somewhere around Huntington Beach)
Huntington Beach Central Park is a nice place. I'll have to scout a good area for a tournament.
http://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/Residen.../index.cfm
Sorry, looks like I won't be able to look for any places today, my family is too busy! Unhappy

At least we're getting somewhere, I'm surprised how many replies there have been thus far. Smile
Looks like this might not happen until Thanksgiving break. If it does.
(Aug. 05, 2016  3:20 PM)Sapphire Wrote: Looks like this might not happen until Thanksgiving break. If it does.

I'm not sure if you've seen the LA thread, but I do intend on having a couple of events at Almeria Park in Fontana now that school is starting up. I just need to get an idea of how many of my club members are willing to compete. So we could try to get something up as soon as September, best case scenario.
(Aug. 05, 2016  5:42 PM)earthwolf1404 Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2016  3:20 PM)Sapphire Wrote: Looks like this might not happen until Thanksgiving break. If it does.

I'm not sure if you've seen the LA thread, but I do intend on having a couple of events at Almeria Park in Fontana now that school is starting up. I just need to get an idea of how many of my club members are willing to compete. So we could try to get something up as soon as September, best case scenario.

No problem, I only meant that I probably won't be able to host my own tournament until much later, because of school and everything. I know I have been lazy with this, and I know there won't be much interest until I schedule and create an actual event. I've just been thinking that it seems futile for me to try to do this, if I haven't done one before. Unhappy

But I will once there is time. Just so anyone might know, I plan for it to be Limited format. So I hope that there aren't any cheeky scrubs who hate vintage beys like a lot of idiots around this era of Beyblade.