On the balance of individual Chrome Wheels

All Chrome Wheels are unbalanced, because of their design. It was TAKARA TOMY'S intent to make them this way so that even with Synchrom, the heavier Beyblades would be unbalanced. However, Synchrom is illegal in Limited Format and finding a Chrome Wheel with the most even weight distribution is important. Basically I'm trying to find which is the most balanced by looking at Solo Spin time on identical setups and movement patterns.

I searched for this, and the only thing that seemed relevant was the "MFB solo spin time" thread, but I thought it would be better to post in its own topic (since it's more relevant to Limited anyways) a list of times for each Chrome Wheel. For all of them, I used a Shinobi 145D setup and tested both Chrome up and Crystal up. I used Shinobi because it seemed to me like the most balanced Crystal Wheel with the best weight distribution.

Ifraid

Saramanda

Orojya

Revizer (aka the Chrome Wheel that barely breaks a minute)

Phoenic

Gryph

Killerken

Gargoyle

Dragooon

Goreim

Bregirados

Genbull

Zirago

Balro

Wyvang

Pegasis

Bahamdia

Best Averages (Chrome Up)

Best Averages (Crystal Up)

TL;DR: Dragooon and Genbull put up good numbers, as I expected. Goreim might need some further looking into as it surprised me a lot, as did Balro in Crystal Up. Revizer was surprisingly awful. Wheels that are traditionally used for Attack didn't fare so well, with the exception of Balro (maybe that's why you always see it on MF).

Based on the movement patterns, I'd say the Chrome Wheels with the most even weight distribution are (in no particular order) Genbull, Dragooon, Goreim, Gryph, Zirago, and Killerken. These all spun smoothly with minimal aggression under most conditions.
This is nice (good lord, bless your soul for doing all those solo-spin times), but there are several factors overlooked here.

The first being that different Chrome Wheels will balance differently with different Crystal Wheels. Shinobi Genbull may OS Shinobi Goreim, but what if Goreim is just horrible with Shinobi, and Genbull is great with it?

You also have another, rather serious problem. Different Chrome Wheels have different levels of Stamina. That makes it next to impossible to determine which are more balanced from looking at solo-spin times. Poison gemios is better balanced than Phantom Lyra, but Phantom will obviously spin longer.

You then have to go into the whole matter of solo-spin vs. real-life Stamina match, incorporating rotational recoil and all that stuff...

There are just too many variables for us to get a clear picture out of this (if we really wanted to formally test this, it would be a very long project, maybe months long to eliminate the variables involved and get something solid).

I do, however commend you for your apparent insane dedication to this. Sitting for 7 hours watching Beyblades solo-spin is not something most people would do.
I just noticed, that bandit is VERY well balanced with Killerken.
About 30 seconds less spin time than Duo (Killerken spins for about 2:30-2:00).
Wow, thanks for all this tests Grin. I expected Bahamdia to do worse.....XD
Interesting Data. Worth mentioning that in some cases, R145 with one wing under the hole in the chrome wheel (sometimes the other way works better in chrome up) can help correct the balance slightly, resulting in better solo spins than actual stamina tracks (it's quite rare, though).

However, it is interesting that your Revizer did worse than Saramanda - in my own solo spins (I had some inconsistency problems but yeah), Revizer was getting about 50s-1m and Saramanda 40s or thereabouts. Most of mine were in Crystal Up, but yeah, my Saramanda has absolutely abysmal balance.

I'll have to sift through these later and make notes of which worked better in chrome/crystal up etc haha, as I will probably repeat my standardisation tests with the former in that mode.
(Feb. 02, 2014  12:30 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: The first being that different Chrome Wheels will balance differently with different Crystal Wheels. Shinobi Genbull may OS Shinobi Goreim, but what if Goreim is just horrible with Shinobi, and Genbull is great with it?

You also have another, rather serious problem. Different Chrome Wheels have different levels of Stamina. That makes it next to impossible to determine which are more balanced from looking at solo-spin times. Poison gemios is better balanced than Phantom Lyra, but Phantom will obviously spin longer.

I guess that's true, with what Aquamarine said about Bandid working better for Killerken than Shinobi. I just thought it would be easier to compare if I used a control Crystal Wheel, and I picked the one that seemed to me like it had the most even weight distribution (I could be assuming that wrong, seeing as I didn't test for Crystal Wheels).

I realize that solo-spin time isn't a direct indicator of balance, so that's why I recorded the behaviors as well. In the case of Phantom Lyra, since Lyra is so light anyways it won't effect the overall behavior of the Beyblade, while if it's Attack Duo or Basalt it will be aggressive even on 145D like in the tests. Poison Gemios 145D will go straight to the center if launched normally while Basalt/Attack Duo 145D will move aggressively and shake when it's in place.

The ones with the best balance were the ones that didn't seem to move or shake even right after they were launched. It may not be a direct indicator of Stamina or competitive value (Goreim seems to be pretty well balanced but maybe its weight or shape hold it back) but it's still interesting to look into.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
What set up did you use for those solo spin times?
I used nearly the same set-up... Shinobi 145WD. I was going to use D, but mines lost. I was going to try W145, but didn't want to drift away to much.
I'll add those to the OP, but it would be better if you had used D.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
I can do that. The reason I separated them before was because you used 145WD. But thanks for retesting with D.

EDIT: Should I just go and delete the WD ones? Or are they worth keeping up?