Old Project: Beyblade Price Reference List!

Beywiki has been the 'victim' of a few technical issues in the last few weeks simply due to our successive upgrades, but we're now ready to place our attention on the next Project of the Moment: we need to create a Beyblade Price Reference List!

Similar to the Beyblade Parts List, the Beyblade Price Reference List will be a universal guide that Bladers around the world can consult to know about how much this or that item should cost, based on its initial rarity, on its competitive value, etc.

This list will include two sets of values though: we will make an effort to find the initial retail price at release, and we will give an estimate of how much a Beyblade is worth at this point in time. Of course, estimating the current price can be tough, but we can also know that $200 is unreasonable, so it's just about finding the good range below that!

Once we are finished with the general Beyblade Price Reference List though, new fields will be added to the Beybox of each article to mention the initial and current prices there too. For recolours, which often don't need a separate article, we'll simply add a note in the Other Versions sections next to them.

To avoid quoting and editing a long, long list of Beyblade items that were released over more than a decade now, for once, we'll work directly on Beywiki editing the list there. However, you must post a notification of what you modified here, and if you are unsure of whether a price is good, that is what this topic is for, so don't hesitate to bring it up so we can all discuss it!

Beyblade Price Reference List on Beywiki

I would say we have until March 14th 2013 to accomplish this Project of the Moment. Let's go!

P.S. The previous Project of the Moment isn't completely finished, there are still a lot of drafts on 4D Beyblades that aren't great enough to be published. Don't give up on it!
I don't think that's the best format really. I mean the original price doesn't really factor in like at all and I no idea what it is for any beys really. Also there's the other issue that no one really looks at current value in yen. For example I know that a NIB wolborg MS will be around $50 - $60 but I have no idea what that is in yen. It's mainly in dollars so it would be preferable to have it like that. Also i'm assuming that the prices will be for NIB which should be stated.
I can help what bey series do you want me to do cuz ill do it
For plastics, can't we just use Esperr's list?
Ultra, there is no problem for everything you listed :

- The format is a list first, and, as I wrote, we will include the prices in the individual articles afterwards too;

- The original price is an indicator of the minimum, really, plus there is absolutely nothing wrong with having one page where all the prices for Beyblade products are listed ... It is valuable;

- I already found a majority of the prices for the items there, so it should really not be difficult to find the rest ... I can do that, if needed;

- The original price is in yen, so we cannot just use xe.com and convert them when things were different in the economy back then and that, even now, the conversion rate fluctuates a lot around the world but not in Japan, where 682 yen is going to remain 682 yen no matter if it costs more United States dollars for it.

- Estimated current prices will be in United States dollars, and if people really want to see how much it would equal if the item cost its initial retail price right now, they can use xe.com, using whatever day's conversion rate.

You have a good point about the items being new in box though, so I will add a note about it before the table. People can then know that the price for a used one should reasonably be inferior to the value written in the table.
I call dibs on metal masters and metal fusion if thats ok but it will take time
Okay then. When using sets on ebay as basing for prices do we just quote the price or work out what it's worth with the other bits in the set removed? Oh and are we going to have sections for releases with no product number?

(Feb. 20, 2013  10:31 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: For plastics, can't we just use Esperr's list?

That will be helpful but it doesn't include everything and the prices need to checked before they can go on beywiki.
This looks exciting - and like the kind of thing I can contribute to.
I'll try to find the time Smile
I definitely want to make sub-divisions in the table so that we can give prices for Beyblades that are out of a Set or Random Booster. That way, we can really account for a prize Beyblade's rarity, etc.

If there is something with no product code, let me know, but yes, they would definitely go in this list too. Ultra, for your first question, you would have to give an example since I do not really understand.
Okay well currently the only way to get two stadiums is through sonokong sets which also come with other beys and accessories.
Will there be different sections for different countries ?
Because the prices differ hugely - even if they use the same currency ...
It's already a long enough task without that. Also I don't think that's true. Yes there are stupid prices around in some places but we're looking for good ones so I wouldn't say that those matter if that's what you're talking about.
I just added the word Yen to Saramanda's Price.

As for the estimate prices, I think it shouldn't be more than $10 of its retail price; for MFB & Zero-G, at this time.
Do we post what we think it should be, then add it to the wiki, or vice versa?
You should add Limited Editions (and anything without a product number) in a separate list just below this list.
Kai-V, just a minor suggestion.

IMO, it would make more sense to add a date stamp of sort next to the prices. It will be a good reference for the prices, since they tend to fluctuate with time. In the future, if there's a lack of update, date stamping it won't diminish it's accuracy.

Example:
Beyblade Product Initial Price at Release Estimated Current Price
#1 Starter Ultimate Dragoon 680 yen (January 2000?) 1,000,000 yen (February 2013)
This seems interesting.

What would you call a reliable source to find these prices? (in general)
Knowledge from sellers and buyers and ebay.
(Feb. 20, 2013  11:08 PM)Ultra Wrote: It's already a long enough task without that. Also I don't think that's true. Yes there are stupid prices around in some places but we're looking for good ones so I wouldn't say that those matter if that's what you're talking about.

I know we're looking for the average/standard prices - but in , for example , Australia , wouldn't there be a difference ?
Could be but that's the point of average prices. We'll get several places and then use that to make a general price. Also for non hasbro things however I see no real reason why they should be different. You're gonna be ordering from like ebay or somewhere for new stuff and general prices for older things will be the same. I mean sellers in Australia aren't gonna bump up the price just because they're in Australia.
(Feb. 20, 2013  11:35 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Do we post what we think it should be, then add it to the wiki, or vice versa?

It depends. If you are generally trusted and that you are one-hundred-percent certain of the prices you will write and that there are too many for you to post the whole list, simply mention here what you have modified in the page on Beywiki. If there are only a few and that you can mention them here first for approval, that might be preferrable.

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:13 AM)Barreto Wrote: You should add Limited Editions (and anything without a product number) in a separate list just below this list.

I will definitely add special recolours into that, but it will be quite a task hah.

For Plastics and HMS, besides tournament prizes, are there many recolours that do not have a product code/come inside a Set with a product code ? It seems like it was more frequent in Metal Fight Beyblade.

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:22 AM)Uwik Wrote: Kai-V, just a minor suggestion.

IMO, it would make more sense to add a date stamp of sort next to the prices. It will be a good reference for the prices, since they tend to fluctuate with time. In the future, if there's a lack of update, date stamping it won't diminish it's accuracy.

Example:
Beyblade Product Initial Price at Release Estimated Current Price
#1 Starter Ultimate Dragoon 680 yen (January 2000?) 1,000,000 yen (February 2013)

A date stamp would definitely be necessary, but I think we might be fine with simply adding "Last edited: " at the beginning of the article, no ? For the initial price at release, I do not think it is necessary since we specify that it is at the product's release date. We can simply try to add the specific dates onto the Beyblade Product List because only the MFB Product List has them right now.

(Feb. 21, 2013  6:27 AM)Tech Wrote: This seems interesting.

What would you call a reliable source to find these prices? (in general)

It really depends, but having several sources is the best.

For instance, on eBay, most Gladiator Bahamdia cost sixty dollars. However, its retail price is just around fifteen dollars I think, and dimsum2u would probably sell it for a similar price too, so you cannot just base yourself on eBay, the current prices are insane.
(Feb. 21, 2013  1:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2013  11:35 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Do we post what we think it should be, then add it to the wiki, or vice versa?

It depends. If you are generally trusted and that you are one-hundred-percent certain of the prices you will write and that there are too many for you to post the whole list, simply mention here what you have modified in the page on Beywiki. If there are only a few and that you can mention them here first for approval, that might be preferrable.

(Feb. 21, 2013  4:13 AM)Barreto Wrote: You should add Limited Editions (and anything without a product number) in a separate list just below this list.

I will definitely add special recolours into that, but it will be quite a task hah.

For Plastics and HMS, besides tournament prizes, are there many recolours that do not have a product code/come inside a Set with a product code ? It seems like it was more frequent in Metal Fight Beyblade.

For plastics there are way more recolours. Pretty much none of the recolours have product codes. For HMS there are very few recolours apart from tournament prizes and ones from random boosters but there's still no product numbers. Also you didn't answer my previous question.
(Feb. 21, 2013  10:43 AM)Ultra Wrote: Could be but that's the point of average prices. We'll get several places and then use that to make a general price. Also for non hasbro things however I see no real reason why they should be different. You're gonna be ordering from like ebay or somewhere for new stuff and general prices for older things will be the same. I mean sellers in Australia aren't gonna bump up the price just because they're in Australia.

Ah, fair 'nuff . I see your point .
I was just imagining having different users finding out prices for different regions of that world for some reason, ha XP
(Feb. 20, 2013  10:36 PM)Ultra Wrote: Okay then. When using sets on ebay as basing for prices do we just quote the price or work out what it's worth with the other bits in the set removed?

By "sets" do you mean lots, like with thirteen random Plastics in one auction, ending at two hundred dollars ? If so, those prices are obviously not much help, but it can be a small part of evaluating how much an item costs, if for example you divide two hundred by thirteen, but that is very arbitrary and of course some items in the lot might be worth more than others.