Old Beyblade Community People

Hey everyone,

been getting nostalgic over Beyblade recently.
Has anyone been around since ages ago?

I'm happy to see that beyblade is still loved by people around the world.

Would love to hear from people who remember the MSN groups, the Invision Power Boards, Beyblade Damashii, BB Spirit, Off the Chain (spawned the WBO!), and other big sites from around then. What do you remember?

Also, if anyone knows where totodilemew, GuardianX, composer_of_requiems, Zanon, Knuckles (Jordan), Tamer Brad, and the BB Spirit Kai went off to.....
Brad is still here once in a while, and he and Kei have a way to contact Street Beyblade Kyle, and Kei is obviously here as well, but other than that, there is not much. Kai Hiwatari from Beyblade Spirit has recently become active here again to everyone's benefit, which is great.

And me.
Yeah, I don't think there's too many people from OTC, BBF, etc., here. I for one am not.

Many of us still like Plastics and HMS, though.(including me)

By the way, Kai Hiwatari was Flamin Kai on BBS.
(Aug. 14, 2013  7:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Brad is still here once in a while, and he and Kei have a way to contact Street Beyblade Kyle, and Kei is obviously here as well, but other than that, there is not much. Kai Hiwatari from Beyblade Spirit has recently become active here again to everyone's benefit, which is great.

And me.

SB Kyle! Wow that brings back memories.

I was gonna ask if Kai Hiwatari was BB Spirit Kai, but ShinobuXD has helpfully explained that he isn't.

ShinobuXD, what's BBF mean to you?

PS: Thank you, Kai-V, for volunteering to help out the community all these years. My earliest memories of the community include you being a fair and polite moderator.
I'm gonna butt-in here, I watched OTC compete on Youtube from a video that was saved, and by BBF you mean ____? My answer will be PM'd to you for the sake of Shinobu answering XD I love seeing old info on plastics and HMS, I believe Kei saved some of the documents from BBF :3
EDIT: Just checked, he did ^-^
You watched OTC compete ? Off the Chain was a whole site and forum ... BBF was BeybladeForums.com, where Raikun was one of the administrators.

Raikun, I hope this has not changed hah. Yeah, I have put so much into this community.
(Aug. 15, 2013  3:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You watched OTC compete ? Off the Chain was a whole site and forum ... BBF was BeybladeForums.com, where Raikun was one of the administrators.

Raikun, I hope this has not changed hah. Yeah, I have put so much into this community.

Wait wuhhhhhhhhh. I was told they were a beyblade "team." It was some popular group of bladers Tongue_out
YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY IT! I wanted to know if Shinobu knew or not Unhappy
I knew that already, I can tell you. In fact, I know Brad created Beywiki because BBF was so bad(no offense raikun).

Kai-V: In fact, you've put nearly a year of your life into this community, hah.
(Aug. 15, 2013  11:34 AM)Raikun Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2013  7:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Brad is still here once in a while, and he and Kei have a way to contact Street Beyblade Kyle, and Kei is obviously here as well, but other than that, there is not much. Kai Hiwatari from Beyblade Spirit has recently become active here again to everyone's benefit, which is great.

And me.

SB Kyle! Wow that brings back memories.

I was gonna ask if Kai Hiwatari was BB Spirit Kai, but ShinobuXD has helpfully explained that he isn't.

Yeah, after he retired, I committed identity theft lol.
Kai had so many username changes that it would be impossible not to steal one of them, hah.
(Aug. 15, 2013  11:34 AM)Raikun Wrote: SB Kyle! Wow that brings back memories.

I met him completely by chance a few months ago when I went for an internship interview at the design studio he works at. It was quite a shocking coincidence haha.
(Aug. 15, 2013  3:59 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I knew that already, I can tell you. In fact, I know Brad created Beywiki because BBF was so bad(no offense raikun).

Kai-V: In fact, you've put nearly a year of your life into this community, hah.

Not 100% true.

Beybladeforums emerged around the end of the HMS area at a time when the community was extremely fragmented and dying (nobody knew that MFB was coming).

It was run by myself, who was 16 at the time (and incredibly distracted/immature) and a few other kids from ZP.

Almost by accident we ended up being one of, if not the, biggest forums for Beyblade.

By the time WBO came around BBF was dying/eating itself from a lack of administrator involvement (again, mostly my fault).
(Aug. 18, 2013  9:20 PM)Raikun Wrote: Almost by accident we ended up being one of, if not the, biggest forums for Beyblade.

Yeah. Although BBF was indeed "eating itself" towards the end (the attitude/culture around the forum had become so bad that I stepped down from my position as moderator not long before it closed), there's no denying that it was the most significant "bridge" for the Beyblade community between the closure of OtC and Damashii, and the opening of Beywiki. There were numerous other forums (LightningRevolver, BeyEternal, etc.) that attempted to bring the community together, but BBF was the only one which truly did it with any sort of success. For a while, it was a great community.
(Aug. 14, 2013  7:48 PM)Raikun Wrote: Hey everyone,

been getting nostalgic over Beyblade recently.
Has anyone been around since ages ago?

I'm happy to see that beyblade is still loved by people around the world.

Would love to hear from people who remember the MSN groups, the Invision Power Boards, Beyblade Damashii, BB Spirit, Off the Chain (spawned the WBO!), and other big sites from around then. What do you remember?

Also, if anyone knows where totodilemew, GuardianX, composer_of_requiems, Zanon, Knuckles (Jordan), Tamer Brad, and the BB Spirit Kai went off to.....
Not sure if you remembered me, but hi.

Sorry for the sticky taped spark Disc (wide survivors) and wrong address. >__<
i was on damashii, beyblade spirit and off the chain. i was on beybladeforums too before beywiki was created

idk if you remember me tho, i used to be called silver kane back then lol

i dont really post much here anymore, but i grew up with this community. started posting on bbs/otc/damashii as a 14 year old, and i'm 23 now. so i still check in from time to time[/align]
Very little chance you'd remember me since I was on very little and fairly young, but I was themilkman on Off The Chain and milkasaurus on bbf.
I was around for the end of Off the Chains, but I mostly lurked. I joined this forum not too long after its creation, but like always I'm super lurky and don't contribute all that much. So, nothing much has changed, lol.
Yo, Raikun. I'm sure you remember me (though probably not favorably, haha).

I've been around for years, but I've completely fallen out of the community in the last few years. I still drop in here on the WBO every now and then to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Reading this thread has brought back a lot of memories, haha.
I used to be on otc back in the day and bbdamashi. Really do miss those times. Brings back such awesome memories.