Odin Discussion

It seems a lot of Layers are getting porking outclassed.
I liked Kerbeus a lot.
I wonder what Left Spin will end up doing to Burst, though?
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:15 AM)Neo Wrote: It seems a lot of Layers are getting porking outclassed.
I liked Kerbeus a lot.

Kerbeus is still good, it's not porking outclassed yet and Odin is still a powerful porker when it comes to stamina and defense.
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:15 AM)Neo Wrote: It seems a lot of Layers are getting porking outclassed.
I liked Kerbeus a lot.

The rate they are releasing them, its inevitable.

Slow the pork down, Takara Tomy.
Burst resistor? I still think Kerbeus CD is my favourite stock Burst, looks so cool and performs okay against other Stock ones, I guess? It's currently #3 favourite.

But I really want Odin seeing as how strong it is but it will probably be outclassed by the time I get it, it's ever so changing. I remember when Kerbeus was a god layer.
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:18 AM)ClaraM Wrote:
I liked Kerbeus a lot.

Kerbeus is still good, it's not porking outclassed yet and Odin is still a powerful porker when it comes to stamina and defense.

Everybody else says that Kerbeus is completely outclassed now though.
Odin is OP, he pretty much porked the competition!

r.i.p kerberus...
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:18 AM)ClaraM Wrote:
I liked Kerbeus a lot.

True but I still use it mostly because it's hard to burst, the porking thing is powerful as a defence layer. Odin, not so much it can take so much and then it kinda gives up.
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:24 AM)ClaraM Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:18 AM)ClaraM Wrote: Kerbeus is still good, it's not porking outclassed yet and Odin is still a powerful porker when it comes to stamina and defense.

True but I still use it mostly because it's hard to burst, the porking thing is powerful as a defence layer. Odin, not so much it can take so much and then it kinda gives up.

Well yeah, that OP status only lasts for so long...so,so,so,so long...Before it gives out and has a sleep out...or a burst.
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have trouble buying Beyblade Bursts right now except for aesthetical purposes because new Beyblades are almost steadily outclassing past ones, within just four months, within the same system. Personally, I know that Odin will probably be outclassed soon, so I will most likely establish a routine of purchasing only in time for Burst tournaments. I still really like Burst, but I am just saying this to try and avoid people buying three copies of a Beyblade that will seemingly be outclassed soon. Make educated purchases, you know hah.

This is good advice, seriously. As much as I love Beyblade, the multiples game is just crazy, and wasteful if you're planning to buy sets and random boosters. It's nice to be able to test things out against themselves, but maybe worth it to just meet up with some local collectors and do the tests with them.

Of course, I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their money. Just make educated purchases, as Kai-V said. Grin

But I don't think the pace of "outclassing" is much to worry about as the game finds its footing. I think this is pretty normal for a new series.

As for Kerbeus, it's not hard to burst and it's perhaps the worst Layer in the game. At least Ragnaruk can score lucky bursts.
Seriously? I thought Ragnaruk and Trident were worse layers so far.
(Nov. 17, 2015  3:46 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Seriously? I thought Ragnaruk and Trident were worse layers so far.

Oops. Forgot about Trident.

Ragnaruk at least has its weird lucky burst going for it; what does Kerbeus have that Odin and Wyvern don't?
(Nov. 17, 2015  3:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2015  3:46 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Seriously? I thought Ragnaruk and Trident were worse layers so far.

Oops. Forgot about Trident.

Ragnaruk at least has its weird lucky burst going for it; what does Kerbeus have that Odin and Wyvern don't?

Probably nothing, sucks if Kerbeus was the worst layer as it's my favourite. I forget if Kerbeus has more or less recoil than Ragnaruk but if it has less then that's what it has going for it compared to Ragnaruk. If Ragnaruk gets lucky bursts then it's probably just luck.

Ragnaruk doesn't have an advantage over Valkyrie either, not that it know of anyway.
(Nov. 17, 2015  3:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: But I don't think the pace of "outclassing" is much to worry about as the game finds its footing. I think this is pretty normal for a new series.

I do not know, I am just comparing with Metal Fight Beyblade, and even though there were key Beyblades outclassing every single thing released before them, at least it took almost a whole system until that happened. There were great doses of useless but fun parts to try out in between that were not mandatory to acquire and that kept the previous pieces relevant. If you just look at the beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade, Pegasis, L Drago, and even Libra remained top-tier for a rather long time before something came out that outclassed them, and that was mostly in the Hybrid Wheel System.
(Nov. 17, 2015  4:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: If you just look at the beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade, Pegasis, L Drago, and even Libra remained top-tier for a rather long time before something came out that outclassed them, and that was mostly in the Hybrid Wheel System.

L-Drago didn't come out until Christmas, and before that you were basically using Pegasis, Libra, or Virgo. I would take parts being outclassed than most tops being useless even at the time of release.
(Nov. 17, 2015  4:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2015  3:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: But I don't think the pace of "outclassing" is much to worry about as the game finds its footing. I think this is pretty normal for a new series.

I do not know, I am just comparing with Metal Fight Beyblade, and even though there were key Beyblades outclassing every single thing released before them, at least it took almost a whole system until that happened. There were great doses of useless but fun parts to try out in between that were not mandatory to acquire and that kept the previous pieces relevant. If you just look at the beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade, Pegasis, L Drago, and even Libra remained top-tier for a rather long time before something came out that outclassed them, and that was mostly in the Hybrid Wheel System.

You're right, it took Basalt to outclass Libra which is like 2 years pretty much. But Burst seems evolve really quickly.
(Nov. 17, 2015  4:08 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You're right, it took Basalt to outclass Libra which is like 2 years pretty much.

That's not a good thing.
(Nov. 17, 2015  4:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2015  4:08 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You're right, it took Basalt to outclass Libra which is like 2 years pretty much.

That's not a good thing.

And who said it was? I was just realising how long it was taken to beat.
Yes, and the inspired design that toppled it:

[Image: 71wgTvfDMxL._SL1200_.jpg]

A circle. One of the most embarrassing designs in Beyblade history. (Duo as well.)
The only thing worse is heavy circles with bearing and engine and dual direction spin.
I'd like to also point out that not all parts are being outclassed so quickly: both Valkyrie and Spriggan are still competitive. And while Odin has outclassed Deathscyther in terms of Stamina, it hasn't done so with the same combination of attributes. Deathscyther has a slight offensive upside (which is tempered to some degree by it being easier to burst than Odin), which allows it to do things that Odin can't in certain combinations.
I have huge love for Odin, for me it's still the strongest Bey and defeats anything I battle with it.
Yes, that's why I hate it a bit. lol
Added OHA vs OSA to the original post, has someone done that already? Either way, there are some more results to compare if they have and an original test if not. Don't worry, I am typing up some tests for a new part next : P
Just wanna say that I would find it hilarious if TT released a Fenrir-styled layer that devastates Odin combos. :3

Great tests, Zoro. Good to know the stastical evidence as well as the reports from tourneys about Odin's pwnage. Gotta say though, Wyvern Spread Accel winning all twenty rounds against Valkyrie Heavy Accel? That's really interesting.
So does testing and combo making continue with this part now that its banned? Or does it halt until further notice?