Odin Discussion

So UltimateOrion had asked me to try out Defense as a Stamina Driver. While Odin Spread Defense performed underwhelmingly against Odin Spread Survive. But then I tried Odin Heavy Massive Vs. Odin Spread Survive, which actually won 3 and drew 1 of the six rounds I played.

Massive's advantage seemed to be that it handled the loss of balance near the end of the battle better than Odin Spread Survive. I figured that since Defense has better stamina than Massive, it could actually work.

Equipment: BeyStadium Standard Type, BeyLauncher + Logger
Procedure: Straight shot, alternate between rounds. All parts in good condition.

Odin Heavy Defense: 14 Wins (2 won by a millisecond)
Odin Spread Survive: 5 Wins (All 5 with shot-second advantage, 3 won by a millisecond)
Draws: 1

Conclusion

Using Heavy allows you to increase the Beyblade's ability to maintain spin velocity early in the battle, and Defense compensates for the poor balance of Heavy. OHD won by the largest advantage in battle where both Beyblades suffered severe balance disruption.
Huh, interesting findings. I'll have to try this out. This is what I love about Beyblade, parts that one day don't seem to have much use find use the next day.
(Nov. 08, 2015  5:58 AM)Half Nail Wrote: Huh, interesting findings. I'll have to try this out. This is what I love about Beyblade, parts that one day don't seem to have much use find use the next day.

I would say that this is only mostly true for Beyblade Burst, at least up until this point. Never to this extent.
Oh, and to clarify, since I'm sure some of you are thinking "maybe Heavy on Survive might be just as good!" It isn't. I tried that beforehand, and found that its balance was just comically poor. Much too easy to disrupt and either slam into the stadium floor or be incredibly vulnerable to an uppercut-the-Layer-off Burst Finish.
(Nov. 08, 2015  6:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2015  5:58 AM)Half Nail Wrote: Huh, interesting findings. I'll have to try this out. This is what I love about Beyblade, parts that one day don't seem to have much use find use the next day.

I would say that this is only mostly true for Beyblade Burst, at least up until this point. Never to this extent.

Good point, I don't remember MFB being this rapidly changing when I was playing.

Brad, have you had success with other Stamina layers like Deathscyther or does Heavy Defense mainly work with Odin?
Deathscyther was always just a bit too recoily and using Heavy with it causes it to burst quite easily.
I tried this last night and had similar results. It is easier to burst than OAC, but only a little bit easier, so I think the stamina gain more makes up for it. Seems like we may have a new winner for stamina. I love how parts that were awful can turn into good parts when new beys are introduced. Great find guys
You keep mentioning Odin Armed Claw, but not sure what its value is. Surely it can be outspun pretty easily with that Disk?
It is just super hard to burst, and it doesn't lose all that much stamina really, so it is really great to use to cover up stamina's main weakness (VHA bursting the heck out of you). But yeah, it would probably lose in a stamina vs stamina match, but it would win against attack and mobile defense easily. I think OHD has enough defense to make VHA a risky option and it would win a stamina vs stamina match, as well as against mobile defense obviously. Although, are we sure that it beats DSS? I would think it does if it beats OSS and OSS beats DSS, but we should probably try it out, just to be sure. I am working til this evening. I will try it when I get home
Odin Heavy Claw

Equipment:
B-08 Standard Type Beystadium
Blue Beylauncher + Launcher Rubber

Thanks for those tests, 1234beyblade! Your and Zoroaste's tests are making me wonder what the usage scenarios for Deathscyther and Wyvern would be now with Odin seemingly being so dominant for Stamina and Defense. Based on the tests that have been posted, other than Wyvern Spread Accel being better than Odin Spread Accel against Valkyrie Heavy Accel, I'm not sure what else there is.

And interesting find, Brad! There was debate when Burst was launched whether Defense was better than Survive, as I'm sure you remember. I had found Defense to be better, personally. I think the issue was that this debate occurred before the release of the booster Valkyrie Spread Surrive; before this, most people didn't have two Spread Disks and therefore had to do tests with Kerbeus Heavy Defense vs. Kerbeus Heavy Survive.
(Nov. 09, 2015  3:48 PM)Blader ninja Wrote: Is the trident layer good for something?

That would have to be asked elsewhere, since this topic is about the Odin Layer. Make sure to always post in places that make sense.
(Nov. 09, 2015  3:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Make sure to always post in places that make sense.

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Made me lol so hard
(Nov. 09, 2015  3:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2015  3:48 PM)Blader ninja Wrote: Is the trident layer good for something?

That would have to be asked elsewhere, since this topic is about the Odin Layer. Make sure to always post in places that make sense.

That said: no.
(Nov. 09, 2015  3:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

You are right. But I couldn't find any thread for trident?
(Nov. 11, 2015  3:53 PM)Blader ninja Wrote: You are right. But I couldn't find any thread for trident?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-15-Ran...on=newpost

There haven't been any customization threads on it since nobody has discovered any good use for it, and at this point, it doesn't seem like there is one.
I have a free evening tonight and was in the mood to play some Burst so I did a few tests I was curious to see the results of.

Odin Heavy Defense VS Odin Heavy Claw

Equipment: BeyStadium Standard Type, BeyLauncher + Launcher Rubber + Logger
Procedure: Alternated Launches.

Odin Heavy Defense: 16 Wins (All OS)
Odin Heavy Claw: 4 Wins (All OS)
Draws: 3

Odin Heavy Defense VS Valkyrie Heavy Survive

Equipment: BeyStadium Standard Type, BeyLauncher + Launcher Rubber + Logger
Procedure: OHD launched first each round, Valkyrie has been used a fair amount.

Odin Heavy Defense: 15 Wins (6 by OS, 8 by BF & 1 by KO)
Valkyrie Heavy Survive: 5 Wins (3 by BF & 2 by KO)
Draws: 2 (double burst)

I was interested in doing OHD VS VHS as it managed to beat my OHC combo in the latest tournament so wanted to see if it would beat OHD. I'm guessing the results may be a little different if my Valkyrie was new.
Nice, thanks for the tests. Yeah, Odin holds up much better against Valkyrie Survive than Deathscyther. It's quite a beast. Loving the fact that we have such a good layer with such good teeth
At DIR EN BEY: D E U X and DEUX.5, I'd say it was established that Odin Heavy Defense is easily the best custom for Stamina in Burst as of now. Was curious to see how it held up for Defense, though.

Odin Heavy Defense vs. Spriggan Heavy Accel
Layers in their prime. Odin launched first all rounds.

Odin Heavy Defense vs. Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Layers in their prime. Odin launched first all rounds.

So, very good stamina and pretty good defense overall. I'd say OHD is probably better than Wyvern Heavy Claw/Survive, but I still think Wyvern Heavy Accel (and most likely Odin Heavy Accel) are better as well. But even then, I think it's the safest option in a case where someone can be going stamina but also with attack in the mix.
Can someone try Odin Heavy Massive? I think it might be able to round out the defense at still retain stamina...
Seeing how good Odin is, I think I'll be buying one very soon! Hopefully it comes out in RB2, so I can stock up on plenty.
It's probably porking great.
By all this talk, I'm porking into it. may get 3 more...
I have trouble buying Beyblade Bursts right now except for aesthetical purposes because new Beyblades are almost steadily outclassing past ones, within just four months, within the same system. Personally, I know that Odin will probably be outclassed soon, so I will most likely establish a routine of purchasing only in time for Burst tournaments. I still really like Burst, but I am just saying this to try and avoid people buying three copies of a Beyblade that will seemingly be outclassed soon. Make educated purchases, you know hah.
(Nov. 17, 2015  1:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have trouble buying Beyblade Bursts right now except for aesthetical purposes because new Beyblades are almost steadily outclassing past ones, within just four months, within the same system. Personally, I know that Odin will probably be outclassed soon, so I will most likely establish a routine of purchasing only in time for Burst tournaments. I still really like Burst, but I am just saying this to try and avoid people buying three copies of a Beyblade that will seemingly be outclassed soon. Make educated purchases, you know hah.

Same here, I still love my Kerbeus to bits though. Pork, wished it was still good though.