Obelisk Odin Discussion.

First Dual Layer tests woo.

I always recorded only matches where a proper flower pattern was done and Obelisk Odin (and Xcalibur) had been able to deliver significant hits, just to really give them all the chance they could get in Attack. In reality, the only matches I did not include in the results were mostly mislaunches or cases of self-exit from the beginning. I rarely launched Obelisk Odin so that it just circled on the Tornado Ridge.

The following tests are in chronological order.

Obelisk Odin Force Xtreme vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Obelisk Odin: 4 (1 KO, 3 Bursts)
Odin: 16 (14 OS, 2 Bursts)
Obelisk Odin win rate: 20%
On average though, three teeth were skipped on Odin.

Benchmark
Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Xcalibur: 8 (4 KO, 4 Bursts)
Odin: 12 (10 OS, 1 Burst, 1 KO)
Xcalibur win rate: 40%

Just to make sure I did not suddenly develop a better launch or strategy on where I launched Xcalibur, I decided to conduct another test with a slight variant:

Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Obelisk Odin: 8 (5 Bursts, 3 KO)
Odin: 12 (11 OS, 1 Burst)
Obelisk Odin: 40%

Well that is awfully close to identical all of a sudden hah.

Just to see what was up with a pure Defense combination:

Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme vs. Wyvern Heavy Defense
Obelisk Odin: 4 (Burst)
Wyvern: 6 (OS)

Meh, similar enough, but Wyvern definitely seemed to burst more easily.

Stamina and possibly Defense tests should be coming up this afternoon.
Noooo Unhappy Looking forward to getting mine, hoping I will have somewhat better results ...
Well, I would say Obelisk Odin is on-par with Xcalibur, so if anybody gets better results than a forty-percent win rate with Xcalibur, you would probably get something similar with Obelisk Odin. I do recall 1234beyblade saying that Valkyrie got around forty or fifty percent too though?

All in all, I am not sure it is such bad news hah. It is so thick vertically though that you really cannot expect it to be two times better than Xcalibur.
From my playing around yesterday I found that O2HX dominated OHD. And that O2 seeme like it is the best attack layer in the game so far. But my regular Odin layer wasnt mint. Will have to try it again with a mint layer and see if I get different results.
Considering how short the teeth are on Odin I doubt it makes a huge difference.
That's what I thought too, and it wasn't that worn, my Defense kinda was and my O2 and Xtreme were 100% mint so I will see if I get the same results with a mint Odin and Defense.
Thanks for the tests Kai-V, I should have lead my last post with thanking you but was in shock and wanted to cry for a minute. Lol. I thought for sure that buying Valkyries was over with and now I am not so sure. I will try and do some formal tests before work today with mint Odin and Defense and write them up there
Obelisk Odin Heavy Survive vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Obelisk Odin: 1 (Burst)
Odin: 9 (3 Bursts, 6 OS)
Obelisk Odin win rate: 10%

2 ties. Launches alternated, of course.

Obelisk Odin Heavy Survive vs. Deathscyther Heavy Survive
Obelisk Odin: 5 (Bursts)
Deathscyther : 5 (OS, 1 KO)
Obelisk Odin win rate: 50%

A majority of the Bursts were quite late.
The Deathscyther was almost brand new. Launchces were also alternated.

Obelisk Odin Heavy Defense vs. Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme
Obelisk Odin: 2 (Burst, OS)
Xcalibur: 8 (7 Bursts, 1 KO)
Obelisk Odin win rate: 20%

This was rather pathetic hah.

Obelisk Odin Heavy Defense vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Obelisk Odin: 6 (2 OS, 2 Bursts, 2 KO)
Odin: 14 (OS, 4 Bursts)
Obelisk Odin win rate: 30%

Most of the time when one of the combination burst, the other was close to bursting as well. This was really a battle of destabilisation. I even paired Obelisk Odin with my Defense Driver I usually win with.

That shall be it, I think it covers what is up exactly as of March 28th, when it came out, before the other Dual Layer Beyblades were released hah. Surely Unite might make a difference, or even Variable. Who knows.

And thank you, Zoroaste.
Equipment

Procedure

Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme: 13 wins (11 BF, 2 KO)
Odin Heavy Defense: 7 wins (3 BF, 4 SF)
3 draws (all DBF)
Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme win %: 65%
Average clicks lost per round:
Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme: 2.25
Odin Heavy Defense: 3.35

Round by Round

I got pretty different results it seems. Maybe it was the way I was launching. It seemed that, to get the best results, you want to launch O2HX moderately. If you launch it too hard, it seems to burst itself, if you don't launch it hard enough, it gets outspun. That part in the middle you see where is was owning (rounds 8-13) is where is really found a good sweet spot in launch speed.

Benchmarks:

Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme: 11 wins (6 BF, 5 KO)
Odin Heavy Defense: 9 wins (all SF)
1 draw (DBF)
Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme win %: 55%
Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme: 1.75
Odin Heavy Defense: 2.55

Round by Round

Xcaliber Heavy Xtreme vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Xcaliber Heavy Xtreme: 11 wins (9 BF, 2 KO)
Odin Heavy Defense: 9 wins (3 BF, 2 KO, 4 SF)
3 draw (all DBF)
Xcaliber Heavy Xtreme win %: 55%
Xcaliber Heavy Xtreme: 2.50
Odin Heavy Defense: 2.85

Round by Round
What do you get with other known Attack top-tier combinations?
That's all I had time for before work today. I will do the others tomorrow and post them hopefully Friday
Alright no problem hah. I appreciate what you have done already.
Great test!

Can you try it against against top-tier attack customs? Because, i think it will be good against attack type [Anti-Attack] due to it's shape.
It seems Kai-V had already did in the post above.

I wouldn't really want to jump to conclusions with Obelisk for anti-attack just because of it's shape. It didn't really seem like it was anything special for neither defense or attack.
Sorry. I mean try O2HX against attackers
Posted some benchmarks on my tests. If someone else could do some that would be great. So we can try to make some sense of my me and Kai-V got different results. Maybe it is just random variation. That's what sucks about Burst testing, there are so many variables that you really need a monster sample size
Will try to so some more tests tonight and post them tomorrow, probably will see how Victory Valkyrie stacks up on paper against these guys, if anyone wants to join me.
any chance unite might make a difference, unite can give the little stamina at the end needed to out-spin OHD, after delivering consecutive hits.

also out of the new disks, can any of the potentially be used, where more of the weight is distributed on the outside, to be able to give more attack power to O2.

any chance the long winder might make a difference, because some people do say that they feel they get more power of out of long winder+ light launcher.
the same goes for me, usually i get more power out of the long winder + light launcher.
Got to doing some tests. Grin

Obelisk Odin Heavy Gyro vs. Deathscyther Heavy Defense
OOHG: 0 wins, 0% win rate.
DHD: 10 wins (ALL SF), 100% win rate.

I had stopped at 10 rounds because I was able to confidently say that the matches weren't getting anywhere. Obelisk Odin was not once able to get may clicks off of Deathscyther. It still definitely seems like V1 Valkyrie is still tier for stationary attack.

Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme vs. Wyvern Heavy Zephyr
OOHX: 13 wins (8 OF, 5 BF), 65% win rate.
WHZ: 7 wins (4 SF, 2 BF, 1 OF), 35% win rate.

Pretty average results I got here; it came as no surprise to me that Odin would do well. I had then decided to redo the tests. Wyvern was obviously always right near a stadium pocket; it wouldn't take Odin much effort to get a good clean hit on it. I had banked and gave Wyvern a somewhat lighter launch these next matches instead.

Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme vs. Wyvern Heavy Zephyr (Banked)
OOHX: 10 wins (6 OF, 4 BF), 50% win rate.
WHZ: 10 wins (6 SF, 3 OF, 1 BF), 50% win rate.

Hm, not much of a difference in results. Banking really didn't help out much. These definitely showed that launch can effect quite an overall a bit depending on the match, though.

Obelisk Odin Heavy Xtreme vs. Wyvern Heavy Claw
OOHX: 9 wins (8 BF, 1 OF), 45% win rate.
WHC: 11 wins (10 SF, 1 OF), 55% win rate.

For clarity's sake, I had decided to test Obelisk Odin against a stationary defense combo; in which case is Wyvern Heavy Claw. While the difference between Claw and Zephyr wasn't so drastic from my tests, I feel much more confident using Claw. Very little of the time, you could get a good, clean hit off of it without Xtreme either returning back into a stall or losing a ton of stamina. We need to also remember that the first version of the Valkyrie Layer was used more to Burst Finish rather than knockout, making Zephyr the ideal choice for Wyvern. This isn't, however, the case with the Obelisk Odin Layer, which has more of an Xcalibur-like feel to it; it doesn't consistently win by Burst Finish and it does more often by Over Finish.

also dont even ask about that of from whc it's so hard to explain lol

It definitely seems like Obelisk Odin has attack potential, but that's about it, unfortunately. It's stamina is too horrible to be considered good for defense, as it seems. It'd be cool to see if it's used at any of the tournaments this weekend. Tongue_out
Cool, thank you for those tests. And even your trials with it as an Attack type are not earth-shattering either.
I've tried O2HC against my Roktavor Heavy Variable and my O2 dual layer just try to separate from together on one side only. I know my RHV really violent but didn't expect to wreck my O2 layer. I try to get a good and clear photo of it to add to this post.

Photos:

good side: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4e0Ix...2FHWUhUeEk

Separated side: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4e0Ix...kg0dWhYalE

O2 is barely new I used it like 4 times.
have any of you have that issues with their O2 dual layer?!
Im thinking about adding a few test to this thread against A2 G/H At/O