Ninja patrols the streets of the UK

Video

Quote:A self-styled "ninja" is patrolling the streets of Yeovil in a bid to make the town a safer place.

Martial arts expert and father-of-two Ken Andre, 33, also known as Shadow, has been monitoring the streets of the Somerset town for the past six years.

If I saw this guy on the street, I'd have to laugh, haha. But I do admire his willingness to patrol the streets in the sake of safety, since I doubt he'll do any harm, I just hope no harm is done to him.
To each their own....

A similar story was in Seattle not too long ago. Just substitute ninja for superhero and Styrofoam katana with a tazer baton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_uJ0Hih7...re=related
I do that every friday, but I never get media attention...

Not too sure I like this. I mean, it's good that he's making an effort and all, but I say let the men in blue do what they're supposed to do. Unless he's an X-marine or something, he's probably not trained enough to know what to do if someone pulls out a gun.
(Aug. 31, 2011  12:45 AM)Sparta Wrote: I do that every friday, but I never get media attention...

Not too sure I like this. I mean, it's good that he's making an effort and all, but I say let the men in blue do what they're supposed to do. Unless he's an X-marine or something, he's probably not trained enough to know what to do if someone pulls out a gun.
Most people who would pull out a gun on the street aren't even trained enough to use it.

The Ninja is trained in martial arts. Most martial arts teach you how to handle gun wielders. Phoenix Jones has a bullet proof vest so he's pretty much set considering most idiots who use guns on the street can't aim for their lives anyhow so just go for the torso, which he has covered.

This looks like a lot of wasted time since they have no way of knowing where "crime will strike" so they are just wandering aimlessly.
Alright, agreed, but I hope you don't mind me saying that I'm still not to comfortable with a civilian trying to fight crime. He obviously means well and he's trained in martial arts, but my tummy still doesn't agree with it.

As for your last paragraph, that is totally something we agree on. It's not like the Police, where if something happens people call them. He just kinda wanders, and that's why he says he's only had 1 major incident.
LOL i heard of this on WBO i don't even like/ watch the news
The ninja uses electrical tape to secure his costume...
(Aug. 31, 2011  1:08 AM)Sparta Wrote: Alright, agreed, but I hope you don't mind me saying that I'm still not to comfortable with a civilian trying to fight crime. He obviously means well and he's trained in martial arts, but my tummy still doesn't agree with it.

As for your last paragraph, that is totally something we agree on. It's not like the Police, where if something happens people call them. He just kinda wanders, and that's why he says he's only had 1 major incident.
Kind of like how I'm uncomfortable with police carrying guns. Even if they go to the shooting range, when do they ever practice against moving or concealed targets?

I can see this working in certain parts of Brooklyn or the Bronx, but in small cities? Why?
Tis ninja appears to be shadow the the hedgehog. Lol, explains how he's so fast. But at least he's trying to make a safer community.
At least he's trying. I hope for his sake he doesn't get hurt.

I once watched Phoenix Jones on the local news, these two seem like the same sort of people.
wow I would laugh so hard if I saw him, but why does he keep his suit on when he was playing with his kids, he reminds me of a 4 year old dressing up as a super hero.
(Sep. 04, 2011  2:49 AM)drakio Wrote: wow I would laugh so hard if I saw him, but why does he keep his suit on when he was playing with his kids, he reminds me of a 4 year old dressing up as a super hero.

That's obviously just for the cameras, lol.
Which is why it makes me nervous. Someone who dresses up for show is not as smart as someone who dresses up because it will keep bullets out of their chests.
I wonder if he wears a bullet proof vest, If I were doing a crime and a ninja popped out at me I would shoot as like a reaction.
This is cool, but I dont live in the UK. But isnt it kinda creepy like: "Lalala!" You're walking down the street with your beys. Ninga Pops out. You pull out your bey and go "GOOO SHOOT!". Joyful_2 But Sereusly, Is it freaky to walk around at night when like that when a Ninga is praticly staking you?
(Aug. 31, 2011  12:35 AM)Khel Wrote: To each their own....

A similar story was in Seattle not too long ago. Just substitute ninja for superhero and Styrofoam katana with a tazer baton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_uJ0Hih7...re=related

I watched that one live. Man, this makes me want to continue my mech-suit.