Poll: Would you Attend

Yes
35.29%
No
29.41%
Possibly
35.29%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
Did we manage to find a stadium to use? ._.

And yeah, 12's good! Should we meet just outside the cafe in the library? Cause that's where the crèche is anyway.
Little-Dave, my friends and I were offered the crèche to use a couple of weeks back, as they didn't want us sitting downstairs. The door was open too. I think if the door is open, or nobody is there, as long as we ask nicely enough we should be alright.
If not... It better be nice weather! Haha
(Sep. 01, 2010  8:53 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Did we manage to find a stadium to use? ._.

And yeah, 12's good! Should we meet just outside the cafe in the library? Cause that's where the crèche is anyway.
Little-Dave, my friends and I were offered the crèche to use a couple of weeks back, as they didn't want us sitting downstairs. The door was open too. I think if the door is open, or nobody is there, as long as we ask nicely enough we should be alright.
If not... It better be nice weather! Haha

I could bring an attack stadium and the red MFB balance stadium, all I'm concerned about right now is, we're meant to be having this in only a few days time and theres only about 5 people active on this thread, I'm not that convinced we would get enough people to start a decent tourney Uncertain

And I know I posted this just before,
I'll try and get there for 12 then, but should we not make a list of the people meant to be attending and a more detailed description of the starting time / rules / place ? And possibly make a new topic for the actual tournament for that, so more people are aware a tournament is on and that could get a few more people, who knows..
(Sep. 01, 2010  11:59 AM)xXUnicornoXx Wrote: I could bring an attack stadium and the red MFB balance stadium, all I'm concerned about right now is, we're meant to be having this in only a few days time and theres only about 5 people active on this thread, I'm not that convinced we would get enough people to start a decent tourney Uncertain

And I know I posted this just before,
I'll try and get there for 12 then, but should we not make a list of the people meant to be attending and a more detailed description of the starting time / rules / place ? And possibly make a new topic for the actual tournament for that, so more people are aware a tournament is on and that could get a few more people, who knows..

To be honest i have no idea of the size of the Newcastle blading community. Ive heard rumours that people in the green play. I've yet to investigate that. Even if theres only 5 of us show up this is a good thing.

Im going to put a lot more effort into the next one if it gets recognised as an official event. (ill advertise, posters, ill try to hire the creshe in advance, ect) Truthfully I havnt realy had a lot of time or money to put into this event hence what looks like lack of people.

The hardest thing is going to be creating a community. I'll give an example theres a reputable forum for yugioh for the uk (ukaypro) in my reigon about 10-15 use that forum. The tournaments have attendances of 40-60 on average sometimes they went upto 100. This tells you that 3/4 of those people dont know/dont care about forums they just enjoy the game.

The reason these things take off is because the next date is announced at the event. People bring their friends along and your community grows mostly through word of mouth. The more mouths that get talking and the more interest the game gets the more the better our tournament will be.

Anyhoo the details.
If anyone has a stadium thats legal for play could they please bring it.
Im in the process of buying one. i get paid tomorrow but i dont think ill have one before saturday.
The list of legal beystadiums can be found here: http://worldbeyblade.org/universalrules.pdf

The tournament rules that will be in place are the standard WBO rules: http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

As for the meet up ill be outside the library at 12. Ill be wearing a light grey hoodie and wearing a Ecko Unlimited bag. Im also 6ft3 so I should stand out a bit. (pm me if you want my mobile no) Also i might have Black_Rose or little-dave with me by this point.

The time for start depends on how many people we can drum up. To be honest we can start when we want. Beyblade tournaments usualy dont take up a great deal of time unlike most other games.

Im really looking forward to this now Smile
The friend of mine I was planning to take can't come now, which is a pain, and I'm not entirely sure if it's worth me going to this as of now, reasons being Saturdays one of the last days off I get in a long while, [going back to 6th form on Monday] and could spend it differently than going to this tourney, I'm not that sure it would be worth going up all the way to Newcastle, when, in the worst case scenario, we could end up with a handful of people and it may not really be worth the trip, along with the fact theres no Beypoints etc to compete for- it's looking unlikely that I'll be going to be honest now, if I don't end up being there I hope it turns out to be a success, and I would certainly be able to go to another in the future- given a bit more notice : P
I should have a mate with me who wants to play - my girlfriend will be there too, but I'm nit sure if she'll play xD
I think a lot of people right now just aren't aware that Beyblades are back. You can't get them in Fenwicks, and they have a tiny amount in John Lewis, so there just isn't much awareness.
(Sep. 03, 2010  10:52 AM)xXUnicornoXx Wrote: The friend of mine I was planning to take can't come now, which is a pain, and I'm not entirely sure if it's worth me going to this as of now, reasons being Saturdays one of the last days off I get in a long while, [going back to 6th form on Monday] and could spend it differently than going to this tourney, I'm not that sure it would be worth going up all the way to Newcastle, when, in the worst case scenario, we could end up with a handful of people and it may not really be worth the trip, along with the fact theres no Beypoints etc to compete for- it's looking unlikely that I'll be going to be honest now, if I don't end up being there I hope it turns out to be a success, and I would certainly be able to go to another in the future- given a bit more notice : P

I understand bud. This ones really a sampler. I cant dive in right away for beypoints because at the end of the day I cant guarantee numbers showing up. at the moment ive got
Myself
Little dave
+ my cousin and a mate
I was hoping to try and drum up a little more support from the collectable cards shop in town.

(Sep. 03, 2010  10:45 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: I should have a mate with me who wants to play - my girlfriend will be there too, but I'm nit sure if she'll play xD
I think a lot of people right now just aren't aware that Beyblades are back. You can't get them in Fenwicks, and they have a tiny amount in John Lewis, so there just isn't much awareness.

Yeah you got the nail right on the head with that one. The only way that i know you can get blades is to go to argos or buy from tesco direct.

Once the awareness comes back and we get some advertisement we will be well on our way.

Anyhoo I look forward to meeting up with everyone later.
Toys R Us sell them, but it's so out of the way you only ever go there if you know what you want Unhappy
Plus most people dismiss it because they don't think it has any depth..
Bahhh.

Anyway! Tomorrow. I'll be tall and Ginger and lanky, wearing skinny jeans of some colour, most likely a grey blazer, and I'll probably have a pacman satchel too. So yeah Smile
See everyone tomorrow!
So what did everyone else think of the day in genral despite the fact I won Tongue_out_wink
(Sep. 04, 2010  5:51 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: So what did everyone else think of the day in genral despite the fact I won Tongue_out_wink

Use your own god damed blades Tongue_out

It was a fairly good turn out 7 in total playing. That was without Eggnogg (sorry it took us so long to get started Unhappy ) Next time I recon we could have 12-15 people playing at least. im gonna work on a poster to have displayed up at the card shop in the grainger market.
(Sep. 04, 2010  7:08 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote: Did I miss much fun?

Everybody but me got attacked by the same wasp XD
(Sep. 04, 2010  7:17 PM)Black_Rose Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2010  7:08 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote: Did I miss much fun?

Everybody but me got attacked by the same wasp XD

That thing loved me for some reason. Then again we had nice weather and i realy fancy doing this again Grin
Aye, it was great! Pretty happy that Black_Rose was the only person I ever lost to as well Tongue_out
Write up time!

I woke up at about quater to eight because I heard my nephew splashing around in the tub and then contemplating wether to go back to sleep because of the time. Eventually I decided against this because I needed a shave quite bad or I risk stepping outside looking like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, by this point my nephew was out the bath and while shaving I get a huge a cut on the underside of my jaw Pinching_eyes so being the manly speciman I am I threw on some old spice on and my face felt like it was on bloody fire. Just before I left for Newcastle I ran to the shop for the parents for milk and I stopped of at the cash point so I could withdraw the money I owed Newt for train tickets.

Despite the fact I didn't want to leave as early as I did I needed to window shop for an anniversary present for my gf. So leaving the house for ten past nine I make my way to the train and decide to give the better half a call and see what she was going to be up to today. I get to the train station while juggiling my phone, wallet and money while train was just getting to the station, I manage to grab my ticket just the doors close and get my backside on the train. Soon enough i'm in Newcastle and my shopping trip as it was began and then I rememberd how expensive thise place can be. I went to 4 jewellery shops, Collectables, Fenwick and a few nick nack shops inside the grainger market. After about an hour I give up and head to card shop to see what the local yugi kids are up too.

While there I see my buddy Pedro and decided to hang out with him, after a bit chat he wants to Games Workshop so I decide to acompany him. It was at this point I was drafted into some in store quiz and managed to get into the semi finals despite the fact the only question I asked I got wrong ¬_¬ and the things I remember from when I played warhammer all those years ago were asked to other people . . . Shotly after the quized finished I got a text from Newt saying he would be in town in about fifteen minutes but instead of doing the sensible thing and heading to the train station I hung around the shop for another fifteen - twenty minutes longer. Eventually I get bored and walk up to the library were everyone is gatherd and waiting. I don't explain to Newt why i'm late just tell him too carp about my timing later and thus we hed of into the concrete jungle in search of beyblades.

Our first stop was argos and on the way we meet up with Newts cousins and the moment we get there everybody cleans up the shelves of Storm Pegasis and promptly hed to the counter while I take a look around for more gift ideas. Once we finished there everybody went to John Lewis to tear up the toy section which gives me a chance to browse for gifts else where in the shop but with no luck. After a walk around and one suprised staff member later I meet up with everybody again to find they got everything but Storm Pegasis this time and with operation buy out accomplished we head to the park. We manage to cross the ridiculous road junction in one piece and then I notice how need the back end of town is compared to where I live, as we get to the park and find the band it turns out there was no elevated platform and the ground inside the place was the same concrete slabs as the outside.

Eventually we find an even level'd piece of ground and making quite a lot of noise as we made our merry way down. So everybody gets ready making there new blades and yet a few of them had diffuclty figuring out how to put them together which was quite a laugh all the while Newt was searching through his bag trying to find a pen so he could sort out who would play who. Though it turns out he doesnt have a pen so we did it all on his iPhone *somebody make an app for this* and eventually the tournament kicked of with me and little-dave. Despite our ealire fumblings the tournament only took an hour and a half to finish which is good considering how long I remember most tournaments lasting. While we were playing the most curious of wasps arrived and seem it wanted to make mad love to all the men in the group but myself *feels unatractive* but eventually it gets ired and and decides to cruise for guys somwhere else.

We eventually get to the top 4 play off and it's my and Newt in the first semi-final match and he is a bull combo while i'm using an aquario custom and as with all defense vs. defense matches is was the most exciting thing ever but Newts beylade eventually dies and in the third round he pulls it out the stadium. Then out of no where the wasp decided to make one last ditch effort to dry hump somebody and flew away again. In the second match it was big dave *not to be confused with little dave* payiying against tracekaiser while dave won the first two round kaiser pulls of another one of his mad come backs and winning that round. In the finals it's me vs kaiser and god damn every win was by the skin of my teeth, while my blade was smaller then his and the wheels very rarely made contact my blade spent most of the game just spinning in place or hitting the track. Eventually his blade span out while mine was barely clining to life and the tournament was ended with a hand shake between me and kaiser bringing an end to an awesome day.

Pros:

Winning
Getting all my stuff back
Nice weather
Good peoples

Cons:

Heavy bag
Didn't win the quiz
Wasp didn't wanna sex me up
Everybody forgot to take pictures Pinching_eyes
For myself, my day started at 10, being woken up by my girlfriend calling round. Oops.
We, rather unspectacularly, got the Metro into town, and headed to the library as the clock above the jewelers struck twelve. 10 minutes later, we were sitting outside, feeling totally exasperated, having not managed to find anybody at all. Turns out Newt had meant the other door, rather than the main entrance haha. So anyway, we met up, went to Argos for blades, went to John Lewis where we almost lost like 3 people, and then Newt, and I was ALMOST a carp to little-dave and bought the last Rock Leone, but I didn't Tongue_out
The tourney was pretty awesome - we were surrounded by bushes, which - though at least one of them was full of drunk teenagers - was pretty awesome.
The battle between myself and Newt was probably the most exciting one I took part in haha. 2 attack type blades against each other, both using RF.. However, my Storm Pegasus with crazily worn RF won out in the end!
Twice, I also managed to come from 2-0 behind to win, which was pretty damned awesome as well Grin

Maybe next time, we should bring a picnic mat so we can actually use the bandstand, if it's raining or whatever. And we should definitely film and take photos and stuff!

I'll make sure my mate materialises next time Tongue_out And Rachael (my girlfriend who was there) seemed pretty enthralled by it all, and afterwards said she was definitely gonna buy a blade for the next tourney ^^
Looking forward to this becoming a regular thing!
Sounds really cool guys. Could well be on your way to having an Official Event, really.
All was Well.

I have another event proposed, just waiting to see if it gets approved.

Wish me luck Smile
Time to revive this topic.

Im considering doing another event in leazez park again. Im hoping to run the event on Saturday 4/12/10. This is a flexible date and if someone can give a good enough reason to change the date I will.

Due to the terrible nature of the north east weather im going to run a poll to find out if its worth putting in an event proposal.

Please reply to vote.
Also note that im only counting votes from people in the local area or people who have previopusly attended my tournies.
(Nov. 10, 2010  6:03 PM)Newt Wrote: Time to revive this topic.

Im considering doing another event in leazez park again. Im hoping to run the event on Saturday 4/12/10. This is a flexible date and if someone can give a good enough reason to change the date I will.

Due to the terrible nature of the north east weather im going to run a poll to find out if its worth putting in an event proposal.

Please reply to vote.
Also note that im only counting votes from people in the local area or people who have previopusly attended my tournies.

That dates fine by me =)
might aswell start a list.

Attending:
Myself
Scurry
Jawz
Trace Kaiser
Spoonigan
Little-Dave
Tasty Gaara
DannyH

Possibles:
EggNogg05
Ultra

Stadiums:
Attack = Jawz
Balance = Newt
Well if you wanna drum up interest again it would probably be a good idea to start a new topic.
(Nov. 11, 2010  3:05 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: Well if you wanna drum up interest again it would probably be a good idea to start a new topic.

Theres already like 4 newcastle topics as it is so i changed the title of this topic.

Anyhoo you up for this one then?