Poll: Would you Attend

Yes
35.29%
No
29.41%
Possibly
35.29%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
i can come london or newcastle actualy i live in stoke thats why i can come newcastle easly right now just tell me date and time adn also location Smile
Im ready to every challange
we can do small tournament
(Jul. 08, 2009  7:25 PM)Camarilla Wrote: forbidden planet will doubtlessly sell them, tesco perhaps, during the last two systems they stocked them early, but then stopped them early too. Toys r us is a definate, they always have and likely always will.

yeah. I'm actually really looking forward to getting a new type of beyblade Grin
As far as i know the next tourney is on the 1st of august.
tourney on the 1st of august canceled. sorry
Cool.
I'm from sheffield
bit far to travel EVERY MONTH.

but once every couple..
that could work
good idea.
is this tourney on?
(Aug. 13, 2009  4:18 AM)Zachaby63 Wrote: Cool.
I'm from sheffield
bit far to travel EVERY MONTH.

but once every couple..
that could work
good idea.
is this tourney on?

Not sure. The was an announcement at the last tourney (the one i missed) that everything was getting the price put up. Im gonna wait till next tourney to find out whats going on before i decide to host another event.
Well, i hope everything goes well newt so you do host a tourney. man, havent been to one since the plastics! lol.
:0 Newcastles only a short drive away from me, Ive been looking for a tourney in the NE for ages :0 I'd be willing to go, I'd bring a couple more people that could enter too.
Why are there 3 threads about looking to start a tourney in newcastle? Can't you contact each other and arrange it together.
This was the original topic and 2 more turned up because the thread starters didnt use search.

Also an update. Im currently in talks with a guy i know that sells toys online. If i can convince him to take up mfbs ill be able to run tourneys every month with the possibility of holding something much larger than the events at excell Joyful_2.
Hi. Me again, I ran into about 40 bags and so I can easily get down to Newcastle for a tourney on the next one. Anyway, if I'm not mistaken you were looking for blades and stadiums to use for those that don't have any, and so here's what I have:

4 blades, 3 launchers, 1 stadium:
Storm pegasis 105RF
Dark Wolf DF145FS
Lightning L Drago 100HF
Pegasis 105RF -> this is the one missing the launcher, it SHOULD be around somewhere but I have younger cousins that visit frequently, so god knows. >_> Will update if found

All of the above launchers are string, stadium is attack type
(Jun. 23, 2010  2:47 AM)Camarilla Wrote: Hi. Me again, I ran into about 40 bags and so I can easily get down to Newcastle for a tourney on the next one. Anyway, if I'm not mistaken you were looking for blades and stadiums to use for those that don't have any, and so here's what I have:

4 blades, 3 launchers, 1 stadium:
Storm pegasis 105RF
Dark Wolf DF145FS
Lightning L Drago 100HF
Pegasis 105RF -> this is the one missing the launcher, it SHOULD be around somewhere but I have younger cousins that visit frequently, so god knows. >_> Will update if found

All of the above launchers are string, stadium is attack type

Im thinking of asking my boss if I can hold one next month at his yu-gi-oh tourney. I had a nice amount of interest from the players as a lot of them used to play with plastics ages ago. Only problem is none of them own any mfb. Last time I just let them use my blades nothing went missing and nothing got broken.

Would you contribute a few blades possibly a stadium that others could use?

If this peeks a bit of interst my boss might buy some to sell (He sells toys online). If that happens I can see this taking off for sure.
It'd be a pleasure! Way I see it is the more the merrier, I'm not going to be using it all at once so someone might as well have fun with the others. Might even be getting a few more at some point if I can find them cheap.
I could bring along 2 stadiums that people could use if that would help.
Threads not dead i check it every couple of days Tongue_out

Update.

Had a word with my boss. He sounds interested may let me hold a tourney next month. Will confirm with dates later.
I think im going to have to fund this myself. I need 15 people paying £4 tourney entry to cover the venue and prizes. If i cant get those 15 people i'm going to be out of pocket Unhappy

At the moment i'm waiting for more people to aquire their own beyblades. Then im going to advertise in town and a few other places to see what happens.
(Aug. 14, 2010  8:34 PM)Newt Wrote: I think im going to have to fund this myself. I need 15 people paying £4 tourney entry to cover the venue and prizes. If i cant get those 15 people i'm going to be out of pocket Unhappy

At the moment i'm waiting for more people to aquire their own beyblades. Then im going to advertise in town and a few other places to see what happens.

Fair enough, hope something happens soon : P I could easily bring Beys for people + Stadiums, and I'll get a friend of mine to go to.
I'd definitely be down. I know a lot of people who go to the Yugioh tournaments, so I'd probably get some of them along too.
This would be great if it happened!
I don't really have enough stuff to lend out, blade-wise - however, I have the Takara Bey Ultimate Stadium (spinning center), the Hasbro Thunder Rumbler, Hasbro clear stadium, and the portable one too, if any of those could be of any use?

So what kinda date are we looking at here?
Well im going to enquire about prices tomorrow. The venue i have in mind is in North Shields its 10minues walk from Tynemouth metro station. This would give me a room in a community centre and over all look quite professional. I would charge an enterace fee for the tourney and give out prizes.

The only problem with this idea is that its going to cost me upfront and ill need a lot of player backing with advertising ect.

My other idea was to hold a free or minimal fee event. Somewhere in town probably in leazez park. Ive heard quite a few rumors that people in the green have beyblades ( Havnt confirmed this yet)

Either way im desperate to get back into the tourney scene without traveling down to London.
I'm from the green, and blade (as you may well guess...)
I've got a couple friends who also blade. Most people just play yugioh though.

haha, my first gig was in the Linkskill! Fun times.

I think Leazes would probably be better though, simply so you can see who arrives and whatever. Would it be MFB only, or whatever?
I know a lot of people who have some original plastics who would probably dig em out for the day. It would certainly get more people to come.

What would be better, is if:
A) We made this regular (bi-monthly?)
and B) It became an official WBO event. Dunno how you go around doing that, but if we could that'd be great. Smile
Ahh i knew someone would be lurking.

I dont go to the green myself but you'll probably know one of my close mates Sam Scurr. He is up there all the time playing yu gi oh and blading.

Id say Saturday the 4th September sounds good. gives enough time for people to get ahold of blades and spread the word.

Sound good?
Sounds great, I could advertise this over Youtube if you like too, might get a couple more people at least.
So are we getting this to be an official WBO tournament? [Beypoints etc]
Yeah, sounds cool!
I'll spread the word amongst my mates