Poll: Would you Attend

Yes
35.29%
No
29.41%
Possibly
35.29%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
Revived this topic instead of starting a new one. The Northen brawl 2 Discussion starts on page 7.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Newcastl...l-2?page=7

Date: Saturday 4th December 2010 ( 4/12/10)
Time: 1pm

Venue: Leazes Park (Band Stand Area) Newcastle (NE, UK).
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/newt2310/park.jpg
Directions from St Jamses Park metro station.

If there is enough interest in this topic i will apply for an official event.

If approved \|/
Entry Fee:
Without Passport £3
Blader Passport holder Free

Prizes: (Subject to change based on attendance.)
Beyblade for 1st and 2nd
Hmm.....this is a bit of a trek for me (generally speaking, if I have to look the place up on google maps, it's a long way away). Whilst I would like to come to such events and I personally don't mind travelling (aspecially if I could travel with some other Londoners) I sincerely doubt my parents would be so willing to let me go, aspecially as I would most likely have to stay the night. T_T That said, I'm all for something happening up North, even if I can't make it. If we can get two active communities in the UK that'd be great. Smile

I personaly wouldn't attempt to hold them once a month. Maybe when MFB gains more popularity but for now that might be pushing it a little. I suppose if you did go ahead and organize something, you would have to see how it went and get feedback from those who attended though.

I am interested to see what other people, specifically the more Northern of us, make of your proposal. :3
The users NeekAlert and Starwulfen may be interested.
The UK really is starting to kick off with MFB and tournys which rocks, Sorry that I wouldn't end up going though, my money is a bit limited at the moment and I will be saving for other things, sorry.

Are you the one that was cosplayed as Lambo at the expo?
I would be definately be interested in a Northern tournament, although not every month.
(Jun. 04, 2009  4:31 PM)Rocky Wrote: Hmm.....this is a bit of a trek for me (generally speaking, if I have to look the place up on google maps, it's a long way away). Whilst I would like to come to such events and I personally don't mind travelling (aspecially if I could travel with some other Londoners) I sincerely doubt my parents would be so willing to let me go, aspecially as I would most likely have to stay the night. T_T That said, I'm all for something happening up North, even if I can't make it. If we can get two active communities in the UK that'd be great. Smile

I personaly wouldn't attempt to hold them once a month. Maybe when MFB gains more popularity but for now that might be pushing it a little. I suppose if you did go ahead and organize something, you would have to see how it went and get feedback from those who attended though.

I am interested to see what other people, specifically the more Northern of us, make of your proposal. :3
The users NeekAlert and Starwulfen may be interested.

And uh, me?
Hmm, don't know how I missed you. ^^;
I'm going to try out something small fairly soon. I talked to one of the organisers who said its ok depending on how busy the place gets.

I've also talked with a few friends who would be interested in playing i think ill get a tourney of at least 8 people Smile
I'll let you guys know how everything goes.
Hi. I'm from Sheffield, living in the city centre. I'd like to join in this tournament, but I'd like some kind of example post code if you could provide one so that I can see the distance, and what kind of plans I'll need to make to get there.

I don't have much experience with this new system of blade, but from what I hear they're better, heavier and more powerful than the HMS system, which was already an improvement considering that back in my day we used everything plastic except the weight disk. Hehe.
I dont have the pist code for the venue but you could probably get it from the premier inn website. I think its the only one in newcastle. As for train its literaly 10 minutes walk from newcastle central station.

there might not be another ine for a while as the TO is on holiday at the moment but ill keep you posted.
Hmm, just checked trainline and it doesn't look like I'd be able to make it. It'd cost upwards of £100 for me to stay for one night, including accomadation (which would probably be at premier inn itself XD)
where abouts is the venue in Newcastle that this event is being held?
If only I had a car... I'd sleep in it for all I care, it'd cut £70 off my costs.
(Jul. 06, 2009  8:29 PM)MIXY Blader Wrote: where abouts is the venue in Newcastle that this event is being held?

---

Newt Wrote:I understand that the commute would be quite far for some people but luckily enough the Event is in Premier inn so if you needed to stay a night you could stay in the same venue as the tourney.
At the moment I haven’t set anything in place because I’m waiting for feedback of you guys.

Newt Wrote:I dont have the pist code for the venue but you could probably get it from the premier inn website. I think its the only one in newcastle. As for train its literaly 10 minutes walk from newcastle central station.
It's a legit question, if you had bothered checking the premier inn website there are around 9 in NEwcastle, and to anyone who isn't living near or doesn't regularly visit, the second statement may not help much.

Geez, the attitude on some people.
Calm down, everyone. This isn't worth getting in a fight over.
(Jul. 07, 2009  8:23 AM)Camarilla Wrote: It's a legit question, if you had bothered checking the premier inn website there are around 9 in NEwcastle, and to anyone who isn't living near or doesn't regularly visit, the second statement may not help much.

Its the Newcastle Central premier inn on newbridge street.

The next tourney is in early august as far as im aware ill post more details when i get them.
I'll do my best to be there, but I can't cast a guarenteed vote because I'm not sure if I'll have the money.
Thats ok mate. Given that i can't take entrance money to help with prize support and theres no beypoints. Its undestandable if you cant make it. To be honest i wouldnt pay £50+ to go to a tourney with no prizes.

If it realy takes off up here i might be inclined to start buying prize support myself but as for now i simply cant afford it.

Also MIXY where abouts in Newcastle you from mate?
Prizes or not, I want to come. I like socializing, I like travelling and I like beyblade. It's my perfect kind of place, but I'm a volunteer worker at the NHS, so money's tight for now.
(Jul. 07, 2009  8:23 AM)Camarilla Wrote: It's a legit question, if you had bothered checking the premier inn website there are around 9 in NEwcastle, and to anyone who isn't living near or doesn't regularly visit, the second statement may not help much.

I'm not really feeling where you got my "attitude" from, but whatever.

[Image: newcastlemap.th.jpg]

To make up for it. x
(Jul. 07, 2009  5:53 PM)Newt Wrote: Thats ok mate. Given that i can't take entrance money to help with prize support and theres no beypoints. Its undestandable if you cant make it. To be honest i wouldnt pay £50+ to go to a tourney with no prizes.

If it realy takes off up here i might be inclined to start buying prize support myself but as for now i simply cant afford it.

Can I ask why you can't take entry fees? Maybe we can work something out.
(Jul. 07, 2009  5:53 PM)Newt Wrote: Thats ok mate. Given that i can't take entrance money to help with prize support and theres no beypoints. Its undestandable if you cant make it. To be honest i wouldnt pay £50+ to go to a tourney with no prizes.

I'm from walker, if you know where that is lol i can get quite easily to town to a tournament.

oh wait your from Newcastle to? Mint! Do you think there will be beyblades sold in the shops in town when the metal ones come out?
(Jul. 07, 2009  10:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Can I ask why you can't take entry fees? Maybe we can work something out.

The main reason i cant take entrance fees is because on the day the room is mainly being used as a yugioh tournament and the tourney organiser (Si) said i couldn't. I think i know the reason for this. i think its because the majority of the yugi oh tourney is students with little or no money or small kids with their pocket money. its roughtly £2-3 for travel to the veune depending on where you live. its £3 for entrance to the venue (non negotiable its to pay for the room) and £3 for the entrance to the yugioh tourney. If i were to charge for my beyblade tourney i might steal away a few players from him robbing him of £3 per player because they might not have enough money for both.

As far as im aware the yugioh tourney is part owned by Si and Loraine. Si takes care of the yugioh tourney organisation and i think loraine takes care of the card stall the venue and the prize support.

Basicaly i think i asked the wrong guy because i dont think Si has as much infulence as he used to have over these tourneys. Ill ask loraine when i see her hopefully this sunday to see if i can come to any form of agreement.

Also thanks ♥ for posting the map.

And mixxy i dunno about sales id suspect the usual places to stock them like tesco and possibly forbidden planet.
(Jul. 08, 2009  4:03 PM)Newt Wrote: The main reason i cant take entrance fees is because on the day the room is mainly being used as a yugioh tournament and the tourney organiser (Si) said i couldn't. I think i know the reason for this. i think its because the majority of the yugi oh tourney is students with little or no money or small kids with their pocket money. its roughtly £2-3 for travel to the veune depending on where you live. its £3 for entrance to the venue (non negotiable its to pay for the room) and £3 for the entrance to the yugioh tourney. If i were to charge for my beyblade tourney i might steal away a few players from him robbing him of £3 per player because they might not have enough money for both.

As far as im aware the yugioh tourney is part owned by Si and Loraine. Si takes care of the yugioh tourney organisation and i think loraine takes care of the card stall the venue and the prize support.

Basicaly i think i asked the wrong guy because i dont think Si has as much infulence as he used to have over these tourneys. Ill ask loraine when i see her hopefully this sunday to see if i can come to any form of agreement.

Also thanks ♥ for posting the map.

And mixxy i dunno about sales id suspect the usual places to stock them like tesco and possibly forbidden planet.

probs yeah, toys R US will defo get some in i think
forbidden planet will doubtlessly sell them, tesco perhaps, during the last two systems they stocked them early, but then stopped them early too. Toys r us is a definate, they always have and likely always will.