[Newcastle, UK] Northern Brawl Summer Showdown [EVENT ON! RELOCATED DATE CHANGED]

on
Hosted by
  Newt
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

NORTHERN BRAWL BEYBLADE

Back to the venue I used in the first place. I am no longer using Moving Image after a sight fall out with the owner:\ Nevermind is summer time and we should all be out in the sunshine for the Northern Brawl Summer Showdown.

Date: SUNDAY 26th June ( 26/06/11)
Time:1pm (can make it later if needed post if its going to be a problem)
If everybody can be there and registered for 12:45 that would be awesome Smile
Estimated Duration 2hours (Depends on entrants and format used)

Venue: Leazes Park (Band Stand Area) Newcastle (North East, UK).
Direction from St James Park
Directions from St Jamses Park metro station.
We will be under the band stand if it decides to drizzle. If anyone has an umbrella I would sujest bringing it just incase Smile

If anyone is travelling from out of the area I would reccomend using the tyne and wear metro service to get to st james park metro station. I will meet up with people at St James metro station at 12. If your coming from far and want to to meet you at central station please say so and i'll make special arrangements.

I've checked nexus and it seems that the only disruption to the service are on south tyneside Pelaw-South Shields.
If the metro service is down (North Shields-Byker) I can meet up with you before hand but it will be early get a convoy going Grin

Format: Round Robin (Block RR if we get enough)

Entry Fee:
Without Passport £3
Blader Passport holder Free

Prizes As always its a mystery Tongue_out
Judges: Newt, Black_Rose

Additional Note: If you have no beyblades you can borrow one of mine for a £4 deposit. This means I get my blade back at the end of the tourney and you get your £4 back. (usualy I just loan mine out for free but both myself and Scurry have had blades stolen recently and its just not fun)

Im going to make a new entry list. everybody post to get added. Invite everyone you know the more the better!

Newt
Black_Rose
Meadowell
Scurry
Spoonigan
Poesidon

Also Poesidon will be selling at this event. Some of his warez include;
(Jun. 15, 2011  7:45 PM)poseidon Wrote: SELLING:
Check my shop out get your plastic and hms needs ???
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Poseidon...or-%C2%A38
2 hasbro staduims max stampede ( 1 for 7.99 or both £15 !!!!!!!!)
flame sagitario NIB hasbro !1! (7.99)
nib lightning l drago electronic beyblade !!!!!! (10.99 !)
But also check out his thread because he is a cool guy Smile
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Poseidon...or-%C2%A38

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

*sigh* As I said in my previous posts, I might have been able to come IF my dad's eye got better before the tourney. It hasn't, so I can't.

I live in seaham, near sunderland.
(Jun. 16, 2011  6:23 PM)Jackeea Wrote: Sorry, but I can't come. My dad's eye exploded (well, part of it) so he can't drive me there.

That just reminded me of the eye squish in kill bill. I hope your dads eye gets better soon but tbh I wouldn't have recommended driving into Newcastle anyways as parking can be pretty expensive and it would probs be cheaper just to use the bus or metro.
heh newt
im bringing my friend with me and ive got an idea so that everyonje can play
basically i have a sister called ballax so if anyones late i can just make her play so we are even
i might me and my cyber pegasus will win for sure i shall crush you and the only one left standing will be my pegasus
(Jun. 18, 2011  4:05 PM)cyber pegasus17 Wrote: i might me and my cyber pegasus will win for sure i shall crush you and the only one left standing will be my pegasus

do you live in the area i mean you have only had 2 posts and you had a similar post in beybonza

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry newt i can't make it now i got the call of my sousin saying that basically we are having a suprise party and err that takes priority sorry again ill try and get an event sorrted in mbro next month and it should be indoor

edit : I i can get a lift ill tell you cause the party is actually on sat night and if i can do you think you can change the time a little bit like an hour or two something
(Jun. 18, 2011  4:07 PM)poseidon Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2011  4:05 PM)cyber pegasus17 Wrote: i might me and my cyber pegasus will win for sure i shall crush you and the only one left standing will be my pegasus

do you live in the area i mean you have only had 2 posts and you had a similar post in beybonza

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry newt i can't make it now i got the call of my sousin saying that basically we are having a suprise party and err that takes priority sorry again ill try and get an event sorrted in mbro next month and it should be indoor

No probs mate. This sorta stuff creeps up.

Also if its chucking it down with rain i'll still be waiting at St James' metro station and going ahead with the tourney. I'm never going to cancel due to bad weather.
Hmm, should i go, should i not. Tongue_out_wink
(Jun. 18, 2011  8:37 PM)TheBlayder Wrote: Hmm, should i go, should i not. Tongue_out_wink

You should definately come. more bladers more fun.
Newton if the metros are still buggerd by this point how are you getting to town? I'll just be grabing the 310 up the street from mine.
(Jun. 19, 2011  8:57 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: Newton if the metros are still buggerd by this point how are you getting to town? I'll just be grabing the 310 up the street from mine.

Nexus Wrote:26th June - No trains Pelaw to South Shields

On Sunday 26 June, Saturday 16 and 23 July and Sunday 7 August there will be no trains running between Pelaw and South Shields to allow for maintenance work. A bus replacement service will call at or close to all stations from Heworth to South Shields.
No planned work for that day that effects us.
ill be coming along too
(Jun. 19, 2011  11:22 PM)Batistabomb442 Wrote: ill be coming along too

Nice one mate you gonna meet us at St James or the band stand itself?
Glad it's been moved to Sunday since it's my niece's 1st birthday on Saturday and I would have had to miss the tournament.
yeah newt i am gonna meet you at st james
sorry I couldn't be in attendance for my own event today. I said weeks ago that I could cover a shift for a guy at work and I completey forgot about it. this wouldnt have been an issue when I agreed to it as I had planned my event on the saturday. As you may know I recently changed jobs and I work saturday Unhappy

Basically for the next 3 weeks my only day off is going to be a tuesday.

I would like to thank Brian (Black_Rose) for filling in in my absence but i'm aware that we fell short today Unhappy

Thank you to Brian, Kaiser, Omre, Matty and Leslie for showing up your support will not go unrewarded. I have something special instore for you lot next event Smile

That brings me to this.
What do I need to do to pump the numbers up?
if anyone has any sugestions id be glad to hear them.
The reason I think we had the numbers we did last time is because most of the people there were just using it as a filler before the yugioh tournament started and I just don't think there is a big enough player base in the area to begin with.
any idea when and where the net one will be newt because if i know i can advertise it on my youtube page
(Jun. 30, 2011  4:33 PM)Batistabomb442 Wrote: any idea when and where the net one will be newt because if i know i can advertise it on my youtube page

As soon as i know when my next sunday off is.