[New York, NY] 11/2/13 - Halloween's Aftermath

on
Hosted by
  Ga'
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Halloween has passed, and the kids have hung up their costumes. But when the ghosts are away, the bladers will come and play! Or, more specifically, blade!

Name: Halloween's Aftermath
Date: 11/2/13

Venue: Hecksher Playground, Central Park, NY, NY.

It is assuredly a very safe location to play in, and plus we have safety in numbers after all.

WARNING: There will be cold weather during this time. Temperatures are expected to be very low, so dress warm! There are snack carts nearby, but the prices might be slightly expensive, so it's best to bring food from home.

Some additional info courtesy of one of our members: (Click to View)
Formats: MFB & Plastic
Registration/Starting Time: 1:15 PM. Registration will occur in the half hour or more before that (12:45 or so). I'm coming from a class that ends at 12:30 in Columbia, so I should arrive in Heckscher Playground by around 12:50 or so.
Prize Pool:
MFB - 3x Zero-G Random Booster Volume 3
Plastic - Face Boosters (Maroon, Celeste, Flaxen)

We have a very special member who is in NYC this weekend. This member will be co-hosting with me, so let's give them a NYC-style welcome!

This member is none other than our very own Global Moderator, Ingulit!

Confirmed:
MFB
1. Ga'Hooleone
2. Ingulit
3. Cyber Blader
4. Nexus
5. Zero X
6. StrikerX
7. JE
8. Leone7
9. Ethan H
10. mama beyblaster
11. thadthad

Plastics
1. Ga'Hooleone
2. Ingulit
3. Cyber Blader
4. Nexus
5. Leone7

Maybe:
PhantomOrion22
LMAO
UltimiteOrion

Plastics Selling List (Click to View)

Let's get this going, everyone!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hey everyone!

Though the rain stopped today luckily, it was still a decent amount. If we have to, we will move to the Naumburg Bandshell area further up north. I will post a picture and directions, but we shall see by tomorrow.

Hope to see you all there! I'll be leaving my class and arriving there probably around 12:50 tomorrow. Don't forget to bring BB-10s if you have them!
(Nov. 02, 2013  12:41 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Hey everyone!

Though the rain stopped today luckily, it was still a decent amount. If we have to, we will move to the Naumburg Bandshell area further up north. I will post a picture and directions, but we shall see by tomorrow.

Hope to see you all there! I'll be leaving my class and arriving there probably around 12:50. Don't forget to bring BB-10s if you have them!
Good Luck to all! I hope you guys have fun!
Good luck everyone tomorrow!!!!!!!
Sad I won't be able to come
Well good luck tomorrow i can't come.
See u guys to marow
So since I'm going to my class now, I guess I'll reveal my mystery co-host.

Bladers of NYC, please give a nice NYC-style welcome to Ingulit! He's coming up from Alabama this weekend, and there's no better way to celebrate it with a Beyblade tournament.
(Nov. 02, 2013  1:16 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: So since I'm going to my class now, I guess I'll reveal my mystery co-host.

Bladers of NYC, please give a nice NYC-style welcome to Ingulit! He's coming up from Alabama this weekend, and there's no better way to celebrate it with a Beyblade tournament.
Wow! That's awesome! I wish I could meet Ingulit... Crying
(Nov. 02, 2013  1:16 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: So since I'm going to my class now, I guess I'll reveal my mystery co-host.

Wow that is seriously epic!!!!

Anyway I be leaving in an hour so goodluck and I see ya soon.
Catching a subway from class right now! I'll see you all there in a few minutes.

Ingulit's running a bit late, so we're going to do plastics first. I have some for sale so don't worry about that.
Good luck today guys! I wish there was a live stream...
Who won?
Man that was fun
As UltimiteOrion asked, who won ? How many people came ?

Also, I have been extremely busy these past weeks that I have been unable to remove the expired Passport Faces, and I just realised that Ethan H's expired in October ... Was he there today ? Did he pay ?
I can now say that I've bladed in rain, snow and extreme heat haha.

Well! After starting a little late and meeting Ingulit, who is a super cool guy IRL, we got through both formats! Ingulit and the _ZL brothers could not show for plastics but we managed to make it work with the help of dadthad.

Without further ado!
Plastics
1st. Nexus
2nd. Ga
3rd. Leone7

MFB
1st. Ingulit (his comeback from losing the first two matches was absolutely ridiculous)
2nd. Zero X
3rd. JE

Massive thanks to Nexus and JE for helping me run this tournament. JE, you will get your tournament face soon enough.
We had a number of outsiders who were interested in playing today, and hopefully we can see some resurgence in tournament attendance. Maybe we can get more than 9 for the next one, though that number is still impressive considering NYC had less than a week's notice beforehand.

That was plenty of fun! Stay tuned for the next tournament everyone!

(Nov. 03, 2013  12:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote: As UltimiteOrion asked, who won ? How many people came ?

Also, I have been extremely busy these past weeks that I have been unable to remove the expired Passport Faces, and I just realised that Ethan H's expired in October ... Was he there today ? Did he pay ?

8 for plastics, 10 for MFB. Ethan H and Cyber could not come.
Congrats to the placers!
It was harder than than I thought
Man this tournament was exhilarating, one moment it was raining hardcore and stops 5 min later not to mention the ghetto style of play we did while it was raining.

Anyway that attack battle I had with Ingulit was sick! Thats how battles were meant to be I feel that people realied on too many well know combos too do anything win, spinsteal, anti-spinsteal, etc.
I had no idea Ingulit would be there! Cool! Two advanced members in one tournament!

Zero X, yep people like to play it safe and attack types are definitely risky. I love attack vs. attack battles.
Woah! It was Ingulit!

Cool... Not surprised he did well, LOL. XD
Ingulit lost the first two matches in Round Robin, so I was telling him "What's going on?"

He proceeds to beat a Duo W145WD with MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS, pull a comeback from a 2-0 to a 3-2 on 3 SEPARATE OCCASIONS, beat my Bahamdia Ifraid combo using Phantom MF, and eventually win a round robin to take first place from a tiebreaker. This guy I swear

OH YEAH THE RAIN PLAY LOL

We went under the nearby overhang, but there was a hard floor and it was very much crowded. thadthad and Leone7 still wanted to play, so we put down JE's jacket, stacked all the stadiums and flattened out the jacket, put our bags around the jacket (though the B : D combo still flew out a few times, luckily not scratched), and huddled in a circle. Leone7 won 3-2.

This tournament was a little hard for me cause I was more focused on hosting than winning and went 4-5 in MFB, but it was plenty of fun haha.

Oh, and thadthad has a ridiculous amount of Beyspirit, and at one point he was losing 2-0. He decides to cheer for his bey by full-on SCREAMING at it, and then makes a comeback and win 3-2. Perhaps one of the greatest tournament matches I've seen, and I'm sure he is now fully convinced that believing in your bey can make you win. Happy birthday thadthad! I hope our tournament was a suitable present.
I am still super excited!! The tournament was an absolute blast, and it was amazing to meet everyone!! Huge shoutouts to Ga for hosting an awesome event and getting it done in the face of rain and other delays!

Major props as well to JE and Nexus too for their work with helping judge!! If it wasn't for you guys this event wouldn't have even come close to finishing!

I wanna do proper shoutouts, but typing all this on my phone is a pain, haha! For now I just wanna say that it was amazing to meet everybody, and that I am soooo happy that I got to make it out to the tournament Grin Grin
(Nov. 03, 2013  12:25 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Ingulit lost the first two matches in Round Robin, so I was telling him "What's going on?"

He proceeds to beat a Duo W145WD with MF-H Scythe Pisces 85RS, pull a comeback from a 2-0 to a 3-2 on 3 SEPARATE OCCASIONS, beat my Bahamdia Ifraid combo using Phantom MF, and eventually win a round robin to take first place from a tiebreaker. This guy I swear

OH YEAH THE RAIN PLAY LOL

We went under the nearby overhang, but there was a hard floor and it was very much crowded. thadthad and Leone7 still wanted to play, so we put down JE's jacket, stacked all the stadiums and flattened out the jacket, put our bags around the jacket (though the B : D combo still flew out a few times, luckily not scratched), and huddled in a circle. Leone7 won 3-2.

This tournament was a little hard for me cause I was more focused on hosting than winning and went 4-5 in MFB, but it was plenty of fun haha.

Oh, and thadthad has a ridiculous amount of Beyspirit, and at one point he was losing 2-0. He decides to cheer for his bey by full-on SCREAMING at it, and then makes a comeback and win 3-2. Perhaps one of the greatest tournament matches I've seen, and I'm sure he is now fully convinced that believing in your bey can make you win. Happy birthday thadthad! I hope our tournament was a suitable present.

I was Duo W145WD, I won four matches Zero-X, Thadthad, Leone7, and my brother with just Duo W145WD. I was going to beat Ga'hooleone w/ dragooon but I forgot that I left my Dragoon SA165SWD in my pant pocket so I used Balro Goreim W145WSF and lost. XD
and Thadthad and striker-X were yelling up a storm and cheering for Their beys.
That sounded like a fun tournament, congratz to da winners
Congrats to all the placers it sounded like an awesome tournament I wish I could have went