[New York, NY] 11/12/11 The Climactic DJ Battle! Deikailo vs. Arupaeo! [INDOORS!]

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

First place: Arupaeo
Second place: broseph317
Third place: Metalzoroark21

You heard us right! America's best hosts will clash at ps63 in a seeded double elimination event. It's a battle to see which two can survive until the end in this amazing co-hosted event!

And will Dark_Mousy arise to the challenge as well?! Or will he be left in the dust? Stay tuned for the next episode of Beyblade: New York!

Date: Saturday, November 12th, 2011 (No Rain Date)
Time: 10am is free play, tournament will start at 11am and will end by 3pm
Contact: Danielle @ (631) 745-7001 if you get lost or you are late ONLY! Please respect my time and cell phone bill. You can text.
Venue: 121 east third street, New York, NY @ Public School 63's school auditorium
Fee: $10 year round pass (Blader Passport), $5 one time entry fee
Format: Double elimination

Prizes
1st Place: BB-10 Beystadium Attack Type + BB-113 Scythe Kronos T125EDS + BB-116 Random Booster Volume 8
2nd Place: BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set
3rd Place: BB-106 Fang Leone 130W2D + Hell Crown 130FB

ALERTS!
  • ALL STADIUMS I BRING ARE FOR OFFICIAL PLAY ONLY. If you want to bring your own stadium, that will be a free play stadium. None of my stadiums will be used outside of official play.

• BRING YOUR OWN FOOD. Especially me. Someone remind me. There is a hot dog cart nearby, but I'm sure you all want something more substantial in your stomachs.

• IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A PASSPORT, BUT DO NOT HAVE THE PASSPORT FACE you must contact a committee member (Kei, Daegor42, Kai-V, Blitz, or Heart) about that. I am no longer honouring guesswork of what other hosts have and have not reported. If you do not have the face, you will have to pay fees. Take care of this now while you still have notice. It's written right here so don't whine to me. This means you, Sircancer28.

• YOUR PASSPORT MAY HAVE EXPIRED. If you had purchased a passport at MorningMess's tournament last year, your passport has expired. If you purchased one at Ikki's tournament, then you're in luck, this is your last day to use it. However, if it rains on Saturday and we have to move this to Sunday, your passport will be officially expired. Check to make sure everything is valid before you come!

• BE CAREFUL OF YOUR BELONGINGS. There are ALWAYS thefts at large outdoor events in NYC. Keep your parts close. Also, if there is a stadium that is not yours, DO NOT TAKE IT. Actually, this applies to everything that is not yours. Return everything you find to me, please.

• THIS TOURNAMENT WILL RUN MINIMUM 3 HOURS. Please tell your parents this. You can leave earlier if you lose (we don't recommend it as you should practice for the next tournament), but you should be up front about this time frame.

Sell List
  • BB-10 Bey Stadium Attack Type - $45 each
  • BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set - $40 each
  • BB-102 Booster Screw Capricorne 90MF - $16 each
  • BB-104 Starter Basalt Horogium 145WD - $25 each
  • BB-106 Fang Leone 130W2D - $23 each
  • BB-105 Big Bang Pegasis F:D - $25 each
  • BB-109 Random Booster Vol.7 - $18 each
  • BB-113 Starter Scythe Khronos T125EDS - $30 each
  • BB-116 Random Booster Vol.8 Jade Jupiter - $18 each

* Please ask about my open parts

Beyblade Tournament Players:

Arupaeo
beybladerdx
chrisfire360
Deikailo
famemonster8
L Drago Boy
M L Drago
NearLawliet1228
pdiou
royalkingdom510
SamanthaD.
ScytheLDragoF:S
shadow x 9365
Sircancer28
xsonicx10

Total: 15

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

you're not that new Smile, so I bet you'll destroy, and i just found out that i'm newer so i guess i'll be the defeated one, but still watch out 'cause i'll train hard and earn the reputation of unstoppable and after that, like in the porsche (i have no rights or ownership over any of their stuff) slogan, "what do you do after you've done the impossible, you do it with less" but like i was saying i'm pretty sure you'll- gosh just broke a bowl by accident- do fine at this and the other tourney
Will 7 yrs be the youngest blader there? Yeah??? Then edit the attendee list, would ya?????? GOSH!!!! (hopefully, you did your best Napoleon Dynamite impression with that "GOSH")
I'll be coming to this Grin
(Nov. 04, 2011  9:07 PM)NearLawliet1228 Wrote: you're not that new Smile, so I bet you'll destroy, and i just found out that i'm newer so i guess i'll be the defeated one

Maybe you are the newer one, but according to Dei you killed at the mini so i don't think it'll be that easy to beat you! Wink

And maybe i will destroy, (hopefully), but it's only because of my awesome brother, and his best friend, because they lend me beys...
AND/OR it could be cuz of my wicked rip speed, haha.

I hope i don't have to battle you because as much as that would be cool, i would probablly suffer a crushing defeat... XD
(Nov. 05, 2011  1:53 PM)ultimateswiftie Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2011  9:07 PM)NearLawliet1228 Wrote: you're not that new Smile, so I bet you'll destroy, and i just found out that i'm newer so i guess i'll be the defeated one

Maybe you are the newer one, but according to Dei you killed at the mini so i don't think it'll be that easy to beat you! Wink

And maybe i will destroy, (hopefully), but it's only because of my awesome brother, and his best friend, because they lend me beys...

I hope i don't have to battle you because as much as that would be cool, i would probablly suffer a crushing defeat... XD

Hah, Rip Speed doesn't really matter that much its all in the concentration and power Grin
(Nov. 05, 2011  1:55 PM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2011  1:53 PM)ultimateswiftie Wrote:

Hah, Rip Speed doesn't really matter that much its all in the concentration and power Grin

See? I told you I'm new and clueless!!! Wink and, we're going to the tourney today
(Nov. 05, 2011  2:00 PM)ultimateswiftie Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2011  1:55 PM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2011  1:53 PM)ultimateswiftie Wrote: Maybe you are the newer one, but according to Dei you killed at the mini so i don't think it'll be that easy to beat you! Wink

See? I told you I'm new and clueless!!! Wink and, we're going to the tourney today

Well, I'm not but good luck.
If this isn't filmed (and you don't dress up as DJ's), I will... Umm... Be disappointed or something? I can't really say much because I don't have the ability to think of awesome themes for tourneys Tired
Wait so is this tournament is exactly inside or outside at the mall or just outside somewhere in central park
also if i can go i will take you down first deikailo if i had a chance then arupaeo
(Nov. 05, 2011  3:43 PM)th!nk Wrote: If this isn't filmed (and you don't dress up as DJ's), I will... Umm... Be disappointed or something? I can't really say much because I don't have the ability to think of awesome themes for tourneys Tired

LOL Clearly I already dress like a DJ Eee so its all up to Deikailo and the cameras that I'm sure will be there to record all of the high-impact action!
I am in deikailo hope i get to battle you in the finals!!!!!and arupaeo also!!!!!!
Hopefully this tourny will go better for me Tired Deikailo will always be the best host/DJ!! Smile
Sign me up my mom said i could go i hope i could face you dekilo MWAAHAHhAhAHAHAHhA
oh so every one wants to be in this tourney then count me in I love to battle and blade (p.s. have a smurk on ma face)
I'm going to this tourney. Today, my mom had to go to work. I am psyched to come to my first tourney.
oh, uhhh, i will be attending this, i gotta fix some of my combos before hand though
A lesson learned from the 11/05/11 STAGE FRIGHT Tournament hosted by Deikailo. It is NOVEMBER. It's going to be COLD. Before complaining about the location just because it's cold consider this: if we play in the sunlight outside of the stage in the middle of the grounds, as you probably saw, we'll get in the way of ongoing traffic and performers (and those performers do their jobs damn well. Didn't you see those frisbee guys? Mondo sick, they were...).

So please, PLEASE think smart. Bring warm clothing. Sweaters, jackets, extra sweaters and/or jackets, hats, scarves, etc. As for gloves, bring FINGERLESS gloves. Fingerless gloves will, for the most part, help keep your hands warm while allowing you to hold and grip your pay and launcher with your bare fingertips.

Please remember that these type of tournaments will go on non-stop and will well go over lunch time. As mentioned, bring your own food or go to the hotdog carts around the area (expensive, but you gotta eat, right?). If you're willing to wait (god bless you...), I will list some fast food places nearby.
McDonalds - There is a spot on West 72 St. Go down the Terrace Dr. road in Central Park towards the West Side (aka Hudson River direction), and you will be on W 72nd. Second closest would be on 57th between 6th and 5th Aves (more so towards 6th).
Burger King - The closest would be on 6th Ave, between W 50th and 49th by the Radio City Music Hall. Take Terrace Dr. towards East 72nd, then go down East Road and split into the right (facing 59th St.) on Center Road.
Wendy's - The closest (if you'd even call that close) is on 8th Ave between 55th and 58th Streets. Take Center Road to the West Side and exit towards Columbus Circle. From the Time Warner Center (the mall on the other side), go straight down towards Downtown.

Please note that because it's November, the main roads in Central Park will be somewhat busy with not just horse and bike carriages (and bikers), but marathoners. Some roads are closed off because of that and will force you to take detours. Make sure to have a detailed map in case you get lost. Seriously, it'll help.
Sign me up because i truly wanna defeat so much strong people Smile
(Nov. 06, 2011  11:06 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: A lesson learned from the 11/05/11 STAGE FRIGHT Tournament hosted by Deikailo. It is NOVEMBER. It's going to be COLD. Before complaining about the location just because it's cold consider this: if we play in the sunlight outside of the stage in the middle of the grounds, as you probably saw, we'll get in the way of ongoing traffic and performers (and those performers do their jobs damn well. Didn't you see those frisbee guys? Mondo sick, they were...).

So please, PLEASE think smart. Bring warm clothing. Sweaters, jackets, extra sweaters and/or jackets, hats, scarves, etc. As for gloves, bring FINGERLESS gloves. Fingerless gloves will, for the most part, help keep your hands warm while allowing you to hold and grip your pay and launcher with your bare fingertips.

Please remember that these type of tournaments will go on non-stop and will well go over lunch time. As mentioned, bring your own food or go to the hotdog carts around the area (expensive, but you gotta eat, right?). If you're willing to wait (god bless you...), I will list some fast food places nearby.
McDonalds - There is a spot on West 72 St. Go down the Terrace Dr. road in Central Park towards the West Side (aka Hudson River direction), and you will be on W 72nd. Second closest would be on 57th between 6th and 5th Aves (more so towards 6th).
Burger King - The closest would be on 6th Ave, between W 50th and 49th by the Radio City Music Hall. Take Terrace Dr. towards East 72nd, then go down East Road and split into the right (facing 59th St.) on Center Road.
Wendy's - The closest (if you'd even call that close) is on 8th Ave between 55th and 58th Streets. Take Center Road to the West Side and exit towards Columbus Circle. From the Time Warner Center (the mall on the other side), go straight down towards Downtown.

Please note that because it's November, the main roads in Central Park will be somewhat busy with not just horse and bike carriages (and bikers), but marathoners. Some roads are closed off because of that and will force you to take detours. Make sure to have a detailed map in case you get lost. Seriously, it'll help.
really apreciate the heads up, thx

practice, practice, practice, last tourney i didn't practice for 5 days and i payed for it Unhappy
hey, dekailo a while back i told you i cant come, and im still on the atendee list. xD
[Huge quote removed.]

Hello-ooo. No Auditorium?

And sorry for quoting something too large, like the OP.
(Nov. 06, 2011  11:06 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: A lesson learned from the 11/05/11 STAGE FRIGHT Tournament hosted by Deikailo. It is NOVEMBER. It's going to be COLD. Before complaining about the location just because it's cold consider this: if we play in the sunlight outside of the stage in the middle of the grounds, as you probably saw, we'll get in the way of ongoing traffic and performers (and those performers do their jobs damn well. Didn't you see those frisbee guys? Mondo sick, they were...).

amen my friend, but you cant blame people for complaining. although i hope we dont have the same problem at this event
Kai-V, I love you. Moderating my post made me feel so much better, hah.
So, Deikailo, is it going to be in a school auditorium, equipped with heat, or no?
(Nov. 02, 2011  12:49 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2011  12:34 AM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2011  7:41 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Hey! Where are the Arupaeo supporters? OMG... am I the bad guy in this match-up?!? That can't be!

Surely there are some NY/NJ bladers who don't automatically root for Deikailo? Surely there is someone, somewhere, with an axe to grind who wants to root for the other guy, right? Smile

So where are you? Sign up for the tourney and root for Arupaeo!!!

Lol Im Rooting for you, speaking I might come to this, Also If I dont come or do come use the magical combo from the tournament! Grin

Thanks man! I hope you do come, if for no other reason than to see 1 friendly face in the sea of Deikailo supporters... Smile

I'll be rooting for both of you. Both Deikailo and Arupaeo, I'm rooting for you (if I get KO'd by someone else beforehand)
Please be advised that I have made the following changes:
  • The new venue location is 121 east third street @ PS 63's auditorium
  • The tournament start time is 11am, not noon

From what I have learned, the entire school Beyblades and they are excited to attend.
Sign up J317 and myself. Looks like we will be able to go after all. It is my birthday, so plans may change at the last minute and we'll let you know. And NO, I'm not gonna tell you all how old I'm gonna be Wink