[New York, NY] 10/22/11 OPERATION: OCCUPY TRU

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

1st Place: Sniperâ„¢
2nd Place: Justin D
3rd Place: xsonicx10

Date: Saturday, October 22nd, 2011
Time: noon-ish
Fees: $5 one time entry fee, $10 year-round blader passport
Prizes: To be determined
Format: Block Round Robin
Restriction: 8 online, 16 at the tournament

Okay, so here is the plan: we gather up all the bladers in the building who show up for TRU's "tournament" (lol) and bring them outside for an actual tournament - WBO style. The purpose is to give players who are not a part of the WBO a chance to experience what we have to offer. Hopefully, if they like how we run this, they will come to the tournament the following week, STAGE FRIGHT. After all, we want to break 100 players at one tournament, right? Now is our chance!

This is a restricted attendance event. I will take 8 members online as confirmed and the rest will be determined at the tournament. Please, please, please let the newer players play if there are not enough spots and you are a tournament veteran. After all, your time to shine will be at STAGE FRIGHT the following week.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I am going and so is StrikerX!!
Zakiah, the Hasbro US Champion, might show up to this.
(Oct. 22, 2011  5:35 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Zakiah, the Hasbro US Champion, might show up to this.

Stick Promo Cards on his face, yo.

In other words, is he registered here yet ?
We'll see. He's an alright guy. I just want him to practice up since he's representing our country, y'know?
(Oct. 22, 2011  2:08 PM)Deikailo Wrote: We'll see. He's an alright guy. I just want him to practice up since he's representing our country, y'know?

He is really gonna bring it since some WBO members lost in the QUALIFIERS! What is his combo? Maybe its good.
(Oct. 22, 2011  2:12 PM)TheInGreek Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2011  2:08 PM)Deikailo Wrote: We'll see. He's an alright guy. I just want him to practice up since he's representing our country, y'know?

He is really gonna bring it since some WBO members lost in the QUALIFIERS! What is his combo? Maybe its good.

He used uncustomized twisted tempo.
He is The Problem all over again
(Oct. 22, 2011  3:02 PM)LK-Sm0ke Wrote: He is The Problem all over again
Lmaoooo! Omg, you are right! Hahaha

For those of you who did not know, The Problem used uncustomized Basalt through a majority of the Philadelphia event and won.
Those beys must be good!!!
(Oct. 22, 2011  3:05 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2011  3:02 PM)LK-Sm0ke Wrote: He is The Problem all over again
Lmaoooo! Omg, you are right! Hahaha

For those of you who did not know, The Problem used uncustomized Basalt through a majority of the Philadelphia event and won.
First off, am I allowed to post? If yes, lets start-
What?!
Just why people think- Extreme weight combined with skill makes Basalt overpowered!
Mwuhahahaha! Looking at the parts I own, I'll have to battle with an uncustomized Hell Kerbecs in my tourney! If I win..... then I'll see to it that no man says Hell Kerbecs is bad! Tongue_out
I changed the event title to something that is a little more...relevant to NYC's current events.

[Image: Collection-of-100-Funny-Protest-Signs_95.jpg]
Oops, bad example

[Image: internet-memes-nyan-cat-at-occupy-wall-s...ration.jpg]

Close enough.
cant make it but i will get to stagefright
im going just to watch
(Oct. 22, 2011  5:38 PM)xsonicx10 Wrote: im going just to watch
Bullcrap, Mr. Third Place Serious

I'm largely impressed at how successful this was. I gave out a majority of the promo cards I had and explained next week's tournament to everybody in here. Because TRU got bombed with like 50-60 kids, they had no problem with me taking everyone over the age of 10 to play in a WBO tournament. We had about 20+ people enter. In the interest of time, I had to switch to double elimination.
So did that dude with his Basalt 145WD show up?
No. I know his plane leaves at 5 and the tournaments started at 2pm so it makes sense that he didn't show up. The airport is an hour away with traffic and then he needs to be there an hour early to get through security.
(Oct. 22, 2011  2:12 PM)TheInGreek Wrote: He is really gonna bring it since some WBO members lost in the QUALIFIERS! What is his combo? Maybe its good.

I know the4anime came third at the United States National Championships, so it depends which of our Members ...
the4anime came in 2nd, actually.

Aha, on a side note, the TRU employee that normally runs the Beyblade events actually plays Beyblade. So cool to have another girl my age who is into this! Grin

Big thanks to Cyber Blader who co-hosted this with me! He didn't get a chance to play, but he deserves a spot as a co-host because I couldn't do it without him. There were just too many kids.
It was no problem, I had a great day in the city and helping everyone today was a huge plus. You did a great job giving the circumstances, wish I could've stayed the entire time to help out. Honestly going by how well this was run, this was your best one yet (that I've been too).
Ha, really? It was so chaotic. I mean, I guess it was well run considering my resources...
So absolutely nobody from everyone who attended had time to take even just one photograph ?
I got one gentleman's number who was recording on his iPhone. That's the best I could do for you. I'm going to call him tomorrow. His son advanced very far so he has a majority of the tournament on his phone.
I really loved this concept, and thought that the change of name was witty as well.

But...

Who won? Smile