King Games
1685 e 15th st
12pm on 12/31/2017
Hosted by
  Sniper
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

SUBWAY FROM MANHATTAN

Take the B or Q train to Kings Highway station. Use the main (Kings Hwy) exit. You will be on Kings Highway, between East 15th and East 16th street. Make a left and walk to the corner, then make another left onto East 15th Street. We are the second building from the corner.

DRIVING IN:
For those driving from Long Island, Staten Island, or New Jersey, take Belt Parkway to the Coney Island Avenue exit. Drive down Coney Island Avenue to Avenue R and make a right. Then make a left onto East 15th Street. Our building is toward the end of the block on your right hand side. To get to Belt Parkway from New Jersey/Staten Island, cross the Verrazzano Bridge.

PARKING:
Kings Highway is a very popular shopping area, with parking always somewhat of an issue. There is a parking garage between East 13 and East 14th Streets, between Kings Hwy and Avenue R (1-2 minute walk from the store). Metered parking (1 hour limit) is available in front of the store and on Kings Hwy. If you are willing to walk 1-2 blocks, you should be able to find meter-free parking on 

ALL PLAYERS MUST ARRIVE ON TIME: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

This will be a burst format tournament! Please look over the current parts restrictions list to make sure all parts are legal.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hi, everyone! I'm a member of Kings Games's staff, and I'm going to be there with you on New Years Eve for this awesome tournament! We're very excited to have you guys there, and I'll gladly field any questions regarding the venue. Last time the tournament went off without a hitch, and it was awesome! I watched some of you guys play, and tried to get other customers in the store interested in order to expand your community. That aside, I do have a few things I need to say.

First and foremost, the store will be closing at 6PM sharp. This is due to the holiday, as we're usually open until midnight (we work hard!). That being said, we will be open from 10AM! If you guys wanna head in early, find a parking spot (it's a Sunday, free parking!) and hang out for a bit, you're more than welcome to! We have a giant inventory of snacks and drinks, not to mention we're surrounded by restaurants (I don't know how many of them will be open, unfortunately) if you want to grab a bite to eat before or during the tournament.

Second, we are not hosting any other events on that day. You guys will have most of the second floor to yourselves! With that in mind, we might have other customers come in to free play other games or watch (this event is advertised on our website). If any issues arise from this, PLEASE let us guys behind the counter know. Kings Games is a safe and fun environment for ALL people, and we do not tolerate interference of games or events (this goes both ways!).

Third, we are currently having our YEAR END SALE! If you or someone you know plays card games or tabletop games or even board games, we're having a huge sale! We invite you all to participate! (pluggy plug plug, I apologize)

Fourth, speaking of! Last time there was some confusion during sign-ups. Our sign-up sheet will consist of:  real name, forum name, email (if you want to sign up for our newsletter, which is awesome!), and a checkbox for people who do and don't have the Passport. All fees for the tournament will be paid at the counter. PLEASE! Do not go upstairs without signing up at the counter! Otherwise you WILL NOT be able to participate in the tournament!

I can't wait to have you guys join us and close out the year with this awesome event! Looks like we're expecting almost 50 of you (so far!) and we'll treat you all like family! If you have any questions (like what's my favorite color?), let me know! Comment here so everyone can see it! :)

- Guy
Unfortunately I wont be able to come to the tournament, my parents scheduled New Years celebration plans. Unhappy

NOOOOOOOooOOOOOOOOOOooooo
I’m sorry to hear your not going Foxer I hope to see you at the next tournament.
(Dec. 30, 2017  5:43 PM)Foxer Wrote: Unfortunately I wont be able to come to the tournament, my parents scheduled New Years celebration plans. Unhappy

NOOOOOOOooOOOOOOOOOOooooo

im sorry foxer, i wish you could still go, but i'll do my best for you.
I might not be able to come to mu first tournament either cuz i have no way of transportation to get there.
(Dec. 19, 2017  6:18 PM)super spryzen Wrote: i will crush the competition with legend spriggan.
Not if mine crushes yours first
I'll be 10-20 min late, just woke up lol
Guy this is just a reminder. We are on a time clock and must be done promptly. THE TOURNAMENT WILL PROMPTLY START @12 NOON!!!!!
(Dec. 31, 2017  4:59 PM)Sniper Wrote: Guy this is just a reminder. We are on a time clock and must be done promptly. THE TOURNAMENT WILL PROMPTLY START @12 NOON!!!!!
In that case sign me up,  once again I'll be a bit late

Like 20 minutes late
I might be late by 10 minutes
10 minutes

I'm a few train stops away
Hey, guys! I'd like to personally thank you guys for showing up, 32 competitors fought it out in an intense competition to see who's the best! We were so impressed by this turnout that we want to further work with Sniper to organize more frequent tournaments in the future! It was a huge pleasure hosting this event and we can't wait to see you again! Dima and I had a blast talking with you guys and we hope you had as much fun as we did! Smile

Please give us a like on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kingsgames/) and leave us a review telling us about your experience, we'd love to hear from you! If you follow our page, you'll be the first to know about future events, including other games, that we'll have as well as upcoming sales! Once again, thank you guys for joining us and have an amazing new year! Here's to seeing you guys again!

3, 2, 1, GO SHOOT! Smile

- Guy
hows was it guys who won
shoot i couldnt go i was very busy hopefully i could go to the next one
(Dec. 31, 2017  9:56 PM)KingsGamesStaff Wrote: Hey, guys! I'd like to personally thank you guys for showing up, 32 competitors fought it out in an intense competition to see who's the best! We were so impressed by this turnout that we want to further work with Sniper to organize more frequent tournaments in the future! It was a huge pleasure hosting this event and we can't wait to see you again! Dima and I had a blast talking with you guys and we hope you had as much fun as we did! Smile

Please give us a like on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kingsgames/) and leave us a review telling us about your experience, we'd love to hear from you! If you follow our page, you'll be the first to know about future events, including other games, that we'll have as well as upcoming sales! Once again, thank you guys for joining us and have an amazing new year! Here's to seeing you guys again!

3, 2, 1, GO SHOOT! Smile

- Guy

Thank you for supporting the Beyblade community in New York! It's fantastic to see events happening more consistently in NY, and with the support of establisbments like yourself! 

I look forward to seeing more events from yourself and @[Sniper] pop up over the time! Good work guys, and keep it up! Smile
(Dec. 31, 2017  11:41 PM)GhostShredder Wrote: hows was it guys who won

Vincen won. Sniper was in second, I placed third. I did really well for my first tournament! Common Pickle was 4th. The prize was a hasbro switch strike starter Beyblade, and I have all the starters already, but hey, another Fafnir can’t hurt!
(Jan. 01, 2018  12:20 AM)LegoDetective Wrote:

Vincen won. Sniper was in second, I placed third. I did really well for my first tournament! Common Pickle was 4th. The prize was a hasbro switch strike starter Beyblade, and I have all the starters already, but hey, another Fafnir can’t hurt!
congrats guys and yeah
hey guys check out the tournament video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7PBEPnm...zdw03c010c

(Dec. 31, 2017  9:56 PM)KingsGamesStaff Wrote: Hey, guys! I'd like to personally thank you guys for showing up, 32 competitors fought it out in an intense competition to see who's the best! We were so impressed by this turnout that we want to further work with Sniper to organize more frequent tournaments in the future! It was a huge pleasure hosting this event and we can't wait to see you again! Dima and I had a blast talking with you guys and we hope you had as much fun as we did! Smile

3, 2, 1, GO SHOOT! Smile

- Guy

Hey guys check the video from the tournament here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7PBEPnm...zdw03c010c

(Jan. 01, 2018  12:20 AM)LegoDetective Wrote:

check out the tournament video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7PBEPnm...zdw03c010c

(Dec. 20, 2017  6:54 PM)aggregor941 Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2017  5:33 PM)Bladedad Wrote: heres the latest vid from the last tournament on NYE

Hi there,
I brought my 6 yr old to the last one. It was over 4 hours depending on how well your kid does. As far as age, I had concerns at first too, but all the other kids and teens were very nice and the tournament ran pretty smoothly. We r excited to go again

also, 
i made a video of the tournament for my son's youtube channel. you can see it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Ko8P4kQDU

def you should come...check out the vid from the last tournament 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Ko8P4kQDU

We are super excited to join you guys...btw is there a way to change screen names?

I can't cos I live in Barcelona
Hey @[Sniper], do you have the results spreadsheet for this event? Can you post it and the winning combinations as soon as possible? Thanks!
(Jan. 23, 2018  1:07 AM)Bladedad Wrote: hey guys check out the tournament video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7PBEPnm...zdw03c010c

3, 2, 1, GO SHOOT! Smile

- Guy

Hey guys check the video from the tournament here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7PBEPnm...zdw03c010c

(Jan. 01, 2018  12:20 AM)LegoDetective Wrote: Vincen won. Sniper was in second, I placed third. I did really well for my first tournament! Common Pickle was 4th. The prize was a hasbro switch strike starter Beyblade, and I have all the starters already, but hey, another Fafnir can’t hurt!

check out the tournament video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7PBEPnm...zdw03c010c

(Dec. 20, 2017  6:54 PM)aggregor941 Wrote: I can't cos I live in Barcelona
I also did a tournament video If you'd like to see some of the action from the semifinals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEOs2qE3OA&t=183s
The finals were crazy!
Hey @[Sniper], can you please submit the results for this event this weekend? We need them ASAP in order to do our 9th Anniversary BeyLotto. Thanks!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K-piu7A...sp=sharing
Im coming i have my own bey kinetic doomscizor dark doomscizor
Sorry, but this event aready happened
(Dec. 28, 2017  4:47 AM)Sniper Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2017  8:02 PM)megaheroj7 Wrote: How do I buy advance tickets to the Brooklyn tournament event? Also I am a passport holder and would like to know how I can print my proof or card out before tournament?

You don't need to buy advanced tickets and I can see from your profile that you have a passport

(Mar. 22, 2018  6:55 PM)megaheroj7 Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2017  4:47 AM)Sniper Wrote: You don't need to buy advanced tickets and I can see from your profile that you have a passport

Hi Sniper, iys megahero's mom. We meant at the new years eve tournment in brooklyn. We plan on coming to the sat event, and i was wondering if you can do a favor. Its his 11yr bday on sat and all he wanted was to attend event . If we can have at least thr kids that come sing hapoy birthday to him. He is a good kid and loves beyblading more than anything in life. This year he has been very humble. So as his mom I try to find small ways to put a smile on his face. I would be so grateful if you could get a bday song out Sat. We would be a great honor. Please let me know.