Neptune Discussion

I only tested NHD because that seemed to do the best in my preliminary tests, I tried NHA, NHN, and NHS and out of all of them NHD was the most promising.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED RESULTS

Keep in mind hard launches in these tests are when _HD stalls on the ridge for a bit (which is why there are some KOs in mirror _HD matches) and moderate launches are fast wrist flicking until the whole string comes out from the string launcher while not actually letting go of the string.

Equipment:
2x Long Winders
1x Beylauncher + Grip
B-18 Standard Type Beystadium

Neptune Heavy Defense vs Odin Heavy Defense

NHD: Wins 11/20 (3 BFs, 8 SFs)
OHD: Wins 9/20 (All SFs)
1 Draw (DOV)

NHD 55% Win Rate

Neptune Heavy Defense vs Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme

NHD: Wins 11/20 (8 BFs, 1 OF, 2 SFs)
VHX: Wins 9/20 (2 BFs, 7 OFs)

NHD 55% Win Rate

Neptune Heavy Defense vs Deathscyther Heavy Accel

NHD: Wins 7/20 (5 BFs, 2 SFs)
DHA: Wins 13/20 (5 OFs, 7 SFs)

NHD 35% Win Rate

Neptune Heavy Defense vs Amaterios Heavy Xtreme

NHD: Wins 16/20 (1 BF, 2 OFs, 13 SFs)
AHX: Wins 4/20 (2 BFs, 2 OFs)

NHD 80% Win Rate

Neptune Heavy Defense vs Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme

NHD: Wins 12/20 (2 BFs, 2 OFs, 8 SFs)
XHX: Wins 8/20 (4 BFs, 4 OFs)
2 Draws (All DBF)

NHD 60% Win Rate

Neptune Heavy Defense vs Deathscyther Heavy Defense

NHD: Wins 3/10 (2 BFs, 1 SF)
DHD: Wins 7/10 (All SFs)

NHD 30% Win Rate

Overall I think Neptune has some great defense potential, its first tooth is really over powered, it also seems like it does not wear that fast because even after those tests when i compared the teeth to a new one it seemed exactly the same, now if they could only do that for Valkyrie haha.

Neptune beat Odin is some strange ways where Odin just completely lost balance at the end so it circled Neptune until it no longer had any spin left, this also happened once in my tests against DHD. It most likely has some sort of destabilization capability.

Overall it seems to do rather well against attack types, it certainly does better when it's launched moderately rather than hard, as you can see in the spread sheet, when i started launching hard the results were more all over the place versus moderate launching it was more one sided towards Neptune, so in tournaments it's highly recommended to use a moderate launch when going up against an attack type to have better odds of winning.

Even with Neptune's good results, I feel like Odin is still a much better option to go for in basically any situation that Neptune wen against in these tests.
nice tests! i was hoping someone would test neptune's defense!
awesome test 1234beyblade!!!!! can you test Deathsyther Ring Accel against it???
Thanks for the tests, 1234beyblade! Just curious, did you think to test its Stamina versus Wyvern? Evileye for example is decent for Defense, but has worse Stamina than Wyvern, making is potentially useless. I'm wondering if the same can be said for Neptune.
Yeah. I did a little bit of testing and that was the first thing I wanted to figure out. Wyvern has better stamina than Neptune from what I saw
Hmmm it seems Neptune Heavy Defense is promising. Lets just hope that this isn't just an OHD repeat.
Can someone test this for stamina against Deathscyther since OHD is now banned?
(Feb. 06, 2016  8:30 PM)Ultra Wrote: Can someone test this for stamina against Deathscyther since OHD is now banned?

I tested against DHD, I launched DHD 1st in all rounds and it won 70% of the time, so I would say its stamina is not too great.
Yeah sorry about that. Weird how it beat OHD but not DHD.
After over a month of owning Neptune, I had finally gotten to seriously testing it.

Deathscyther Spread Survive vs. Neptune Spread Survive
Launches and Drivers swapped on the 5th match.
NSS: 3/10 (ALL SF) - 30% win rate.
DSS: 7/10 (ALL SF) - 70% win rate.

I could have done more testings, but at the same time, I could definitely say that wins ultimately came down to which Beyblade I had launched first. The unfortunate thing about mirror matches is that you'd want two people of the same launch power playing to get accurate results.

Neptune Heavy Claw vs. Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme
Neptune launched first all matches.
NHC: 8/20 (3 SF, 5 BF) - 40% win rate.
VHX: 12/20 (7 OF, 5 BF) - 60% win rate.

I have yet to explore options of Neptune's versatility, but I can definitely say it's stamina is not Deathscyther's level, but OK, for sure. I'm also not entirely convinced it's better than Wyvern, but like its stamina, it's passable. My tests with Wyvern against Xtreme can be viewed here. It seems like Neptune Heavy Claw seems like a safe, defense/stamina hybrid.
I do not know, if it was really about which Beyblade you launched first, then those statistics would mean that you launched Deathscyther last twice more than planned hah. But thank you for those tests. There is a mistake in the win percentage for Deathscyther, by the way.
Woops, sorry about that! Will fix that now!
From my testings, XHX can knock around NAD and get a SF. It seems weird but it is too light to defend against it.
(Mar. 27, 2016  7:23 PM)jonahblader13 Wrote: From my testings, XHX can knock around NAD and get a SF. It seems weird but it is too light to defend against it.

Hmm it seems like that could happen, since armed is really light. Can you do some actual tests to see how often that happens?
(Mar. 27, 2016  7:30 PM)Myth Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2016  7:23 PM)jonahblader13 Wrote: From my testings, XHX can knock around NAD and get a SF. It seems weird but it is too light to defend against it.

Hmm it seems like that could happen, since armed is really light. Can you do some actual tests to see how often that happens?

Might be a little whil but I'll try!
I wonder I Neptune has any stamina applications, like if you used NHR (Neptune Heavy Revolve)? Also, has anyone tested the Hasbro Neptune, 'cause I've been wondering how much of a difference they have
(Jan. 16, 2017  1:21 AM)Bladeofjustice Wrote: I wonder I Neptune has any stamina applications, like if you used NHR (Neptune Heavy Revolve)? Also, has anyone tested the Hasbro Neptune, 'cause I've been wondering how much of a difference they have

If you look back at the winning combinations thread in the Beyblade General forum, or in the winning combinations archive linked to from that thread (which is a bit out of date but has the old results included), you'll see that NHR was popular for a short period after Odin was banned up until the end of BEYBLADE NORTH in Toronto last year when it was discovered that Dark Deathscyther on Orbit could defeat it.

That being said, while we do know now that D2 can defeat it, I do wonder how it compares to Wyvern specifically. It would be interesting to see tests comparing them. Neptune's teeth design is different than Wyvern, so it might actually be the better choice for some match-ups while still providing decent stamina. That being said, it would be difficult to use it in any metagame that current features a lot of D2 whose teeth are probably even better than Neptune. And we know it's worse in terms of Stamina than Odin and Deathscyther too.

Bey Brad, 1234beyblade, and myself conducted some initial testing of the first wave of Hasbro Beyblade Burst releases last year, including Nepstrius: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-...Discussion

It is one of the worst overall releases by them so far because of the significant mold changes between it and TAKARA-TOMY's Neptune Layer. It has much worse stamina and is more prone to bursting than Neptune by a wide margin.
I have tested the Hasbro Neptune (NAZ), and it Bursts incredibly easily vs The hasbro Storm Spriggan (S2KU). I'm not entirely sure that my results are accurate, but it seems to only be able to win by an Over Finish, and even that's rarely. More likely than not, it'll burst or a double burst will occur
(Jan. 25, 2017  4:43 AM)Bladeofjustice Wrote: I have tested the Hasbro Neptune (NAZ), and it Bursts incredibly easily vs The hasbro Storm Spriggan (S2KU). I'm not entirely sure that my results are accurate, but it seems to only be able to win by an Over Finish, and even that's rarely. More likely than not, it'll burst or a double burst will occur

Your tests hold true for everything I've seen with Nepstrius as well as my own experience with the Bey. It's REALLY subpar. No stamina and it bursts very, very easily.
It's actually a shame, as Takara Neptune is one of my fave beys. I love it and how it preforms.
At least you get two other good parts out of it in Armed and Zephyr. Armed seems to help stop bursting and Zephyr is an OK attack Driver
Any advice for the Takara Neptune? I've been running it with Heavy/Revolve, but I'm curious as to what may be better options. I'm going to try Heavy/Defence once the parts come in.
(May. 09, 2017  4:47 PM)LetItDrip Wrote: Any advice for the Takara Neptune? I've been running it with Heavy/Revolve, but I'm curious as to what may be better options. I'm going to try Heavy/Defence once the parts come in.

Those two are basically the best setups.
(May. 09, 2017  6:09 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(May. 09, 2017  4:47 PM)LetItDrip Wrote: Any advice for the Takara Neptune? I've been running it with Heavy/Revolve, but I'm curious as to what may be better options. I'm going to try Heavy/Defence once the parts come in.

Those two are basically the best setups.

Any applications with like Survive or other Forge rings like Spread? Or is it kinda the same thing as Heavy/Def just less effective?
(May. 09, 2017  6:40 PM)LetItDrip Wrote:
(May. 09, 2017  6:09 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Those two are basically the best setups.

Any applications with like Survive or other Forge rings like Spread? Or is it kinda the same thing as Heavy/Def just less effective?

Neptune Spread/Knuckle/Gravity/Heavy/Down/Armed Yeilding could also be used, actually. Survive is just meh compared to Revolve.