Natural Weather Phenomenae

(Aug. 26, 2011  2:54 AM)Phoenix11 Wrote: Try ordering a Draciel S during hurricane Irene.
I think you mean Dragoon S. :V still, bro not cool.

I'm pretty sure no actual tornado was in Toronto (nor did Toronto 'get' one, like a pet or something). There was only a warning, some rain and a light show 'absorbed' (lol) by the CN tower.
It was very cool watching that, as it doesn't happen often, but I hope the best for you all who deal with a bit more than a 'light show'.
Yo, NY is having it's public transit shut down tomorrow, right Deikailo?
Most of our news is covering Jack Layton rather than natural disasters occurring right now.

I should just elaborate and say that other areas around GTA were indeed affected, though I don't know to what degree other than they got it harder than Toronto.
Would it be inappropriate to put up some websites which have up-to-date information on what's going on in the OP?
Nothing like this happens in Oregon Uncertain

Although, we are due for a big earthquake soon. They said a 33% chance in the next 80 years, or something like that.

We have gotten one tornado this year, more south of where I am. I think the damage wasn't too bad...
Other then that one tornado, I think the last one that hit was at least 5+ years ago.

Thunder storms? Haven't had one for a while. The last big one ended with one of our big trees on the neighbors house...
(Aug. 26, 2011  7:57 PM)Dan Wrote: Would it be inappropriate to put up some websites which have up-to-date information on what's going on in the OP?
http://google.com ? Not every site is up to date. Most of this can be solved with a google search. I do not have any idea about the transit because I don't live in NYC.
(Aug. 26, 2011  7:52 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I know, but you said, "it's not going to hit CT or MA", not the rest of NY. Just curious.
Obviously parts of New York will be hit so I cannot say "NY will not be hit". You realize how big New York is geographically, don't you?
Yeah, sorry, that was a stupid question on my part.
(Aug. 26, 2011  3:21 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2011  4:23 AM)Sparta Wrote: Man, I'm so freaked out about this hurricane. We're going up to Boston for a wedding, and will be there all weekend. We leave tomorrow and get back sunday. Unfortunately, we have to leave our dog here ;'(. Man, I really hope we beat the storm home. Otherwise she'd be all alone in a hurricane.

We're currently preparing the house for the storm. We've stocked food, water, flashlights, and batteries. Also, we've taken down all of the patio furniture and sports stuff outside. In addition, we're going to sleep in sleeping bags in our dining room, since that's the farthest away place from all trees.

I advise everyone in the NE area to do the same. You can never be too careful, and this is a once in 50 year storm.
The storm is hitting my town dead in the face. It's not going to hit CT or MA, but you'll get the winds.
I'm getting hit in the face now. Im screwed.
Bold text: I'm screwed. There are trees all around the house.
I'm still surprised that I have internet.

the windows on my house are very old and shake when i have a small storm and my sisters mad because she go to her concert.
There's a mandatory evacuation for my father's house AND my mother's house. Both of my parents had to sign a waver saying they were staying.
Wonderful. The storm's going to hit my house while I'm sleeping. Tired

However, we do not have to evacuate, since we're pretty much in the center of LI (On Suffolk/Nassau border, in central LI north-southwise). Still, I'm a bit nervous about the trees around my house. One got uprooted from a normal storm, and it gave my dad and I extra work today to chop and lug the tree away from our house. This is going to be a heck of a storm. 15 inches of rain isn't your everyday LI thunderstorm, after all.
OK, I'm talking to my mom and according to her, six people meet there end in New York during the storm.
Wow. Now there's a tornado watch that will likely become a warning for all of Long Island. Forget what I said earlier, this thing's going to hit us straight on if a tornado touches down. Unfortunately, I can't take my beys down with me into the basement. ;_; I hope this tornado doesn't occur.
Stocked up on Coca Cola and Ice,I'm ready for you,Hurricane Irene >o<
(Aug. 28, 2011  1:46 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Wow. Now there's a tornado watch that will likely become a warning for all of Long Island. Forget what I said earlier, this thing's going to hit us straight on if a tornado touches down. Unfortunately, I can't take my beys down with me into the basement. ;_; I hope this tornado doesn't occur.
Come at me, bro. I can take it.
Ugh, it makes me feel like a douche to watch these people toughing out Hurricane Irene while I sit around. Frankly, the worst thing to hit Chicago recently was that blizzard in February. I wish I could do SOMETHING, at least.
So my entire property is under one foot or more of water. When the power comes back, I'll edit up. When I went out to the street, the water was waist high. Therei is more than a foot of water in the first floor of my home.
(Aug. 28, 2011  2:40 PM)Deikailo Wrote: So my entire property is under one foot or more of water. When the power comes back, I'll edit up. When I went out to the street, the water was waist high. Therei is more than a foot of water in the first floor of my home.
Oh my God.

Looks like the hurricane wimped out Unhappy

Dang you, weatherman! Getting my hopes up for a hurricane! A 50 year storm! But you LIED-and gave us a freaking TROPICAL STORM?!

A thousand curses!
(Aug. 28, 2011  3:21 PM)Sparta Wrote: Looks like the hurricane wimped out Unhappy

Dang you, weatherman! Getting my hopes up for a hurricane! A 50 year storm! But you LIED-and gave us a freaking TROPICAL STORM?!

A thousand curses!
it is still a category 1 where I am. I'm fine with my 18 inches of flood water and chasing my laundry down the driveway, thanks.
My basement's finally starting to to get some water, but my dad going insane on waterproofing the house actually paid off. And yeah, it's still a category 1 where I am too. Living with my sister who is infinitely pissed because my parents forced her home from college (she's at NYU) is no fun though.

Hurricane!
[Image: tumblr_lns599tdjU1qaeizvo1_500.jpg]
It is so bizzare...Hurricane Irene hit my town, and several parts of it, as well as surronding areas, are out of power, with trees everywhere, and have 3 feet of water, but my street and several blocks around mine are almost completely unnefected by the hurricane. Very few trees fell, there is no flooding, and we all still have power.\

My house must be magic 0_o
Wow, hope your town his okay LeonTempestXIII.

Anyway, I hope New York is Ok, Irene is gonna be hitting there. And I hope the rest of The east coast is fine. Anyway, we kinda felt that earthquake from a few days back all the way in chicago. it was odd.
I'm sick of all the news reporters saying they're disappointed Irene wasn't as powerful as they thought. Do they want to have a deadly hurricane come through their city?

...I thought not.
(Aug. 28, 2011  3:30 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2011  3:21 PM)Sparta Wrote: Looks like the hurricane wimped out Unhappy

A thousand curses!
it is still a category 1 where I am. I'm fine with my 18 inches of flood water and chasing my laundry down the driveway, thanks.
That sucks...

(Aug. 25, 2011  7:54 PM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: Thank god I found this thread. The 5.8 quake happened when I was at the freaking dentist! WHILE THEY WERE EXTRACTING A TOOTH!

I am sorry, but that is freaking hilarious.

The earthquake happened while I was at school, I did not feel it. My 4th Period teacher had told me that an earthquake had happened and everybody was like, "WHAT!?!?"

Obviously because I am in Kennesaw, the luckiest city in the world. Seriously, the only bad thing that had happened here was the flood last year. And that was from crazy amounts of rain, it was raining for about 1-3 hours, IIRC. It was ridiculous.
Just a couple of days ago, there was a small earthquake that barely anyone felt, then the next day, there was a thunderstorm and scared me. Luckily, there was nothing else the next day.
(Aug. 28, 2011  7:30 PM)BeyCenter Wrote: Wow, hope your town his okay LeonTempestXIII.

Anyway, I hope New York is Ok, Irene is gonna be hitting there. And I hope the rest of The east coast is fine. Anyway, we kinda felt that earthquake from a few days back all the way in chicago. it was odd.

Thanks for your concern! Everyone appears to be fine! It was only a C1 so it wasnt terrible, it is just that the east coast isn't prepared for hurricanes like other places with frequent ones are, which is sad in my opinion. =)

@Ga'Hooleone: Win post!

I do hope everyone is ok. Stay safe everyone!