Natural Weather Phenomenae

(Aug. 24, 2011  1:36 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2011  1:00 PM)CrystalGrabber Wrote: There were earthquakes! Heard nothing about them.
Thunder, lightning, heavy rain. Not exactly perfect conditions to have a match in.
And the hurricane this weekend!

Fun. I'm in central Long Island. Since I can't say anything
[Image: come-at-me-bro-hedgehog.jpg]

I tried to resist.
(Aug. 24, 2011  2:36 PM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2011  1:36 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2011  1:00 PM)CrystalGrabber Wrote: There were earthquakes! Heard nothing about them.
Thunder, lightning, heavy rain. Not exactly perfect conditions to have a match in.
And the hurricane this weekend!

Fun. I'm in central Long Island. Since I can't say anything
[Image: come-at-me-bro-hedgehog.jpg]

I tried to resist.
We're probably going to get hit, too.
A lot of people in New Jersey felt it, but me and my mom didn't really notice it at all, which is kinda odd.
It looks like Hurricane Irene is going to hit our house BAD. We're going to have to have all of the cars on the property moved about 4 miles into town, all of the furniture on ground level will have to be moved 3ft+ above the ground, our tenants will probably have to stay with us for a few days, aaaand we'll be flooded inside the house for idk how long because last time there was just a northeaster, my brother and father could not even drive down the street. Needless to say, I will not have a backyard during Irene.
(Aug. 25, 2011  1:11 AM)Deikailo Wrote: It looks like Hurricane Irene is going to hit our house BAD. We're going to have to have all of the cars on the property moved about 4 miles into town, all of the furniture on ground level will have to be moved 3ft+ above the ground, our tenants will probably have to stay with us for a few days, aaaand we'll be flooded inside the house for idk how long because last time there was just a northeaster, my brother and father could not even drive down the street. Needless to say, I will not have a backyard during Irene.

That sucks. Unhappy My only hurricane experience was Katrina, and I slept through it, hah. I was 4 or so at the time. But I'm getting off-topic. I really hope you and everyone else is okay after Irene. Smile
(Aug. 23, 2011  7:11 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Talk about natural disasters and such here. No need to create new things for specific incidents.

So the general consensus is I'm not crazy and there was an actual earthquake just now in the northeast US. Who felt that?

i didnt and i live in south NJ. I was probably in a car at the moment.
So, basically The whole New England area is in trouble
Because I live in Okinawa, we experience many typhoons and earthquakes all the time. Recently Typhoon Muifa hit us hard, but not much damage was done because of the fact that another typhoon hit us recently before that and did major damage. In fact, there's supposed to be another typhoon is supposed to hit us on the first day of school.

I hope you're all still safe on the East Coast and wherever places were affected.
(Aug. 25, 2011  9:52 AM)Flame Aries Wrote: So, basically The whole New England area is in trouble
No, you'll probably just get rain. It's supposed to hit Montauk.
Toronto just got a tornado. I wouldn't say major damage but the severe thunderstorms freaked me out. I always hate blackouts.
Did Dan try to knife it?

So the only natural disaster the northeast hasn't faced experienced with the month of August is a tidal wave? AFK - going on vacation.
my sis slept in the basement last night cause the tornado warning
I was so lucky. I think markham was one of the few places where there was only a tornado watch, not a warning. Man am I grateful.
Thank god I found this thread. The 5.8 quake happened when I was at the freaking dentist! WHILE THEY WERE EXTRACTING A TOOTH!
(Aug. 25, 2011  7:54 PM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: Thank god I found this thread. The 5.8 quake happened when I was at the freaking dentist! WHILE THEY WERE EXTRACTING A TOOTH!
Speaking of dentist, I have to go to one on Monday. Sorry for being off-topic.

yea that was kinda random crystal, also nothing like that never happens near london does it?
(Aug. 23, 2011  7:11 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Talk about natural disasters and such here. No need to create new things for specific incidents.

So the general consensus is I'm not crazy and there was an actual earthquake just now in the northeast US. Who felt that?

aw man, I was going to make a thread about this but whatever, I was in toys r us when the first earthquake hit maryland, I was looking at the beyblades when all of the sudden I hear this really loud noise, and it was all of the stuff falling, then the beys started to fall on me, it was creepy. Unhappy
Try ordering a Draciel S during hurricane Irene.
(Aug. 26, 2011  2:54 AM)Phoenix11 Wrote: Try ordering a Draciel S during hurricane Irene.

... What a stupid comment to say about such a situation.
Man, I'm so freaked out about this hurricane. We're going up to Boston for a wedding, and will be there all weekend. We leave tomorrow and get back sunday. Unfortunately, we have to leave our dog here ;'(. Man, I really hope we beat the storm home. Otherwise she'd be all alone in a hurricane.

We're currently preparing the house for the storm. We've stocked food, water, flashlights, and batteries. Also, we've taken down all of the patio furniture and sports stuff outside. In addition, we're going to sleep in sleeping bags in our dining room, since that's the farthest away place from all trees.

I advise everyone in the NE area to do the same. You can never be too careful, and this is a once in 50 year storm.
(Aug. 26, 2011  4:23 AM)Sparta Wrote: Man, I'm so freaked out about this hurricane. We're going up to Boston for a wedding, and will be there all weekend. We leave tomorrow and get back sunday. Unfortunately, we have to leave our dog here ;'(. Man, I really hope we beat the storm home. Otherwise she'd be all alone in a hurricane.

We're currently preparing the house for the storm. We've stocked food, water, flashlights, and batteries. Also, we've taken down all of the patio furniture and sports stuff outside. In addition, we're going to sleep in sleeping bags in our dining room, since that's the farthest away place from all trees.

I advise everyone in the NE area to do the same. You can never be too careful, and this is a once in 50 year storm.
The storm is hitting my town dead in the face. It's not going to hit CT or MA, but you'll get the winds.
The entire New York state? Wow, I did not expect that.
(Aug. 26, 2011  7:41 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: The entire New York state? Wow, I did not expect that.
My town =/= the "entire new york state".
I know, but you said, "it's not going to hit CT or MA", not the rest of NY. Just curious.