Natural Weather Phenomenae

(Aug. 23, 2011  8:18 PM)Sparta Wrote: You were in a basement? Wouldn't that make it easier to feel?

Actually, you're in Quebec, right? I was told it was felt all the way up to R.I, and all the way down to GA.

I do not know, I was simply saying that while it is true that the vibrations could have more impact the higher you are, I was underground and I definitely felt it.
(Aug. 23, 2011  8:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2011  8:18 PM)Sparta Wrote: You were in a basement? Wouldn't that make it easier to feel?

Actually, you're in Quebec, right? I was told it was felt all the way up to R.I, and all the way down to GA.

I do not know, I was simply saying that while it is true that the vibrations could have more impact the higher you are, I was underground and I definitely felt it.

Ahh OK, that makes sense.

A new topic, did anyone notice all of the storms over the past few weeks?
(Aug. 23, 2011  8:34 PM)Sparta Wrote: A new topic, did anyone notice all of the storms over the past few weeks?

I've been hearing about them.

When it's nice in Oregon, it's crappy on the east!
Irene giving off a warning? Maybe.

Edit: Man I suck at quoting >.>
I felt the quake in NC. Called the news to report it, and she responded by saying "Yes ma'am." It was scary as carp. Oh, and a category 3-4 hurricane is coming. Nice.
I felt it. I was beyblading and the blades started bouncing! Im 102 miles from where it started, and it was very strong.
what about the tornado in Ontario
I just hope Irene doesn't hit South Carolina
My whole room shook.
(Aug. 23, 2011  10:06 PM)theheidtman Wrote: I just hope Irene doesn't hit South Carolina

It's supposed to land between the Keys and the Carolinas.
Same here. I am based on Long Island.

Sine earthquakes technicaly aren't whether so to speak, I submitted a thread about the quakes on this forum. Now I just have to wait for it to be approved. If it isnt approved then we will just talk about it here. (And if it isnt approved will a mod let me know so i dont end up reposting it? Thanks)
I was @ football practice when it happened; I felt nothing. Everybody was freaking out though lol. My mom imed me to ask if I was ok, and a couple other kids' too. I guess we were too far away.
At first I thought it was a Car making a vibration or something like that Than I Saw a wierd look on my Teachers face(What is that?!) Then The ground just Started to Shake then we all Ran outside Fortunaly none of us got hurt.
I felt it here in Northern NJ, I was at a barbecue and we felt the wooden patio shaking. As with hurricane Irene, I am going down to that area on Saturday. The last time we went for a week, we landed inbetween two hurricanes.
Guys I was watching the news and a big hurricane is gonna past Florida and into South Carolina and North Carolina. So watch out for that.
(Aug. 24, 2011  2:25 AM)RockScorpioX Wrote: Guys I was watching the news and a big hurricane is gonna past Florida and into South Carolina and North Carolina. So watch out for that.

Why does everything seem to happen right when we hold important events ...
(Aug. 24, 2011  3:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2011  2:25 AM)RockScorpioX Wrote: Guys I was watching the news and a big hurricane is gonna past Florida and into South Carolina and North Carolina. So watch out for that.

This is why Dark_Mousy wanted an indoor venue and this is precisely why I have been choosing stores over parks all this time.

"oooohhh destiny... show me how ya feel when you wanna be with me"

Hah. Man, peole in Chicago were talking about it too.
The bad part about the earthquake that happened today was while I was at school, my grandma was home alone Pinching_eyes_2 She's okay, but she told me that she was scared to death.
(Aug. 24, 2011  3:08 AM)Deikailo Wrote: This is why Dark_Mousy wanted an indoor venue and this is precisely why I have been choosing stores over parks all this time.

... "Bad weather" (the French word is so much more graceful) does not and has not happened on each occasion where you hosted tournaments though ... Weather can often be predicted to a certain degree.
(Aug. 24, 2011  4:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2011  3:08 AM)Deikailo Wrote: This is why Dark_Mousy wanted an indoor venue and this is precisely why I have been choosing stores over parks all this time.

... "Bad weather" (the French word is so much more graceful) does not and has not happened on each occasion where you hosted tournaments though ... Weather can often be predicted to a certain degree.
That's because I know that when I do choose to host an event outside, there will be a twister followed by a tsunami. That is my luck exactly.
(Aug. 24, 2011  4:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote: That's because I know that when I do choose to host an event outside, there will be a twister followed by a tsunami. That is my luck exactly.

I wanna go to one of your tournaments outside.

That being.....?
Oh nothing, just the around 15 tournaments the WBO is hosting around this time.
There were earthquakes! Heard nothing about them.
Thunder, lightning, heavy rain. Not exactly perfect conditions to have a match in.
(Aug. 24, 2011  1:00 PM)CrystalGrabber Wrote: There were earthquakes! Heard nothing about them.
Thunder, lightning, heavy rain. Not exactly perfect conditions to have a match in.
And the hurricane this weekend!