National Novel Writing Month!

Hah, I do the same thing. I can never start from the beginning, I guess XD
This sounds awesome! I think I'm going to enter Lost in Darkness, but completely re-write the chapters that I have already written. 50,000 words is a lot, especially for only a month, but I would really like to have a paperback copy of it. As for the cover, I know exactly what I want to have on it, but I'm a terrible artist. At least I have some good friends that can draw and ai might be able to get one of them to draw it.
The only problem about doing one of my main stories as you are, is that I feel like it'll be rushed, since there's a deadline. And I want these stories to be top notch. And, I'm not good at going back to chapters. But, I'll try Tongue_out
I need a little help with my novel's plot. My question; should my main character try to find his father?

Yeah, that email is funny.

I also have some bad news. After December, the creator, Chris Baty, is leaving.
You know what makes for good inspiration? The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, hah. Namely Endless Eight.
(Sep. 24, 2011  12:55 AM)TITAN Wrote: I need a little help with my novel's plot. My question; should my main character try to find his father?

Yeah, that email is funny.

I also have some bad news. After December, the creator, Chris Baty, is leaving.
Does that mean this is the last year?! Damn! I have a plot, random scenes, and all my characters planned out, but I'm not sure I can write 50,000 words in a month with school and such going on... That and my terrible procrastination...
No! They're going to get some replacement guy, though he won't be as awesome as Chris!
Cant... Resist... Must... Write... Epic... Story...!
(Sep. 22, 2011  12:25 PM)RowDog Wrote: I feel sorry for the judges. All the stories they would have to read.
Good luck to everyone participating!

Lol, the judges can just count the words, they don't have to read it lol. They will become much more smarter after reading all those words.
...More smarter? Thank GOD that grammar means nothing in this competition.
Seriously. You should become one of the counter monkeys. Then, maybe you'll be "more smarter".

To stay on topic, I wonder if anyone will buy my novel on Amazon. I think that if anyone here on the WBO wants to buy some books, they should buy some of our novels. I'm definitely getting "Where the Angel Sings"!
'Cause I'm awesome like that? Eh, if I had some damn MONEY. I do think that it'd be beyond cool to have people from the WBO BUY my book, because that's the dream of all dedicated writers, but I frankly don't care one way or another. As long as people enjoy my writing, I don't care how much I make.

Also: Five bucks says that LOL, WTF, FTW, STFU, or the like ends up in at least ONE book. I'd be like: "Immediate disqualification. C'mon, man! It's a damn novel, not Facebook!" Hence why I'm not part of the judging. Frankly, I'd take it a bit too seriously, as most new writers will agree. Maybe getting DQ'ed will make 'em "More smarter", or even "Super-duper moar smarter".
im going to to this!im just editing my story now!
...You're not supposed to do more than outline and record inspiration until November.
well whoops.....i did more then the outline im sorry
is it allowed for me to entry The True Snipe of Revenge? i am going to use the first 5 chapters as the backbone for the entire story
Titan. Oh this is going to be fun. Thank You for this marvelous thread, as I now will bye the novels of Sparta, Titan, Temporal, NooDoo, RowDog, SwiftShadow and Many others that decide to enter, that we know and respect. And I will enter as well. Yes!!! This will be AWESOME!!!!!!

Shock Smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would buy you guy's books for support, but I'm broke as hell Unhappy
Okay, I'm confident on writing at least 50,000 words of PSI-themed goodness in November (Psynergy!). I feel stupid asking this, but how do you check your word count on Microsoft Word?
Tools -> Click Expand/Arrow to show all the tools -> Word Count
Thanks, Noodoo.
I have a couple questions...
Can it include cussing?
When is the official due date?
Where do you send it? By mail or over the internet?
Sorry for all the questions...
Considering that nobody actually reads it, yes, it can include cussing.
The due date is November 30th.
I'm actually not sure 'bout that last question.
Definitely internet. They have some online program you'll be using to write it I think so they can keep track of your word count. Once you cross it probably tells you.
(Sep. 30, 2011  2:37 AM)Ripple Wrote: Titan. Oh this is going to be fun. Thank You for this marvelous thread, as I now will bye the novels of Sparta, Titan, Temporal, NooDoo, RowDog, SwiftShadow and Many others that decide to enter, that we know and respect. And I will enter as well. Yes!!! This will be AWESOME!!!!!!

Shock Smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grinding my teeth. Why is TITAN ahead of me? (Just kidding.) Anyway, how about we have a race? Whoever hits 50,000 words first wins! (No prizes. Just bragging rights.) And, we'll compare notes of our novels, and have the WBO vote on who's is best!