NY Beyblade Tournament Report: Battle for the Snow Shell

Spread Sheet

Tournament went well.

Covid Notes:

I'm pretty sure no one under the age of 16 is reading the covid warnings and rules.  They were all wearing mask but everyone was getting up and touching stuff.

Don't have your beyblades out in the open if you don't want them to be touched. Mainly because younger children get hyper especially if you have rare beyblades or newer sets.  They will instantly grab them without asking.  One player saw my entire deck took it apart just to build a stock deck.

I live 10 seconds away and have UV lights and 95% IPA to sterilize at home and am too passive for my own good to enforce things on kids but that's on me.

(Beyblades under UV lights are very awesome)

First time organizing notes:

SUPER grateful for LazerBeamz for being there.
(Aug. 20, 2020  8:05 AM)superrobotking Wrote: Covid Notes:

I'm pretty sure no one under the age of 16 is reading the covid warnings and rules.  They were all wearing mask but everyone was getting up and touching stuff.

Don't have your beyblades out in the open if you don't want them to be touched. Mainly because younger children get hyper especially if you have rare beyblades or newer sets.  They will instantly grab them without asking.  One player saw my entire deck took it apart just to build a stock deck.

I live 10 seconds away and have UV lights and 95% IPA to sterilize at home and am too passive for my own good to enforce things on kids but that's on me.

Well that's bad. Even if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, that would be a very egregious violation. Who did this? They need to be counseled.

Never have your beyblades out in the open, some bladers just don't understand.

If you're too passive to enforce the COVID-19 rules then I'm not sure that running events during the COVID-19 situation is a good idea for you. Unhappy

To be fair, lots of people OVER the age of 16 are having trouble reading and following and enforcing the COVID-19 rules.
(Aug. 20, 2020  1:49 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2020  8:05 AM)superrobotking Wrote: Covid Notes:

Well that's bad. Even if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic, that would be a very egregious violation. Who did this? They need to be counseled.

Never have your beyblades out in the open, some bladers just don't understand.

If you're too passive to enforce the COVID-19 rules then I'm not sure that running events during the COVID-19 situation is a good idea for you. Unhappy

To be fair, lots of people OVER the age of 16 are having trouble reading and following and enforcing the COVID-19 rules.

Yeah I'll be holding off organizing a bit more especially with this pandemic. This being my first event and not being around new people there was such a disconnect realizing some people don't take covid seriously.

Not that I don't, I'm just passive and all my friends take it seriously so I never had to enforce anyone to do anything. Lesson Learned 🙃🙃🙃

Users that should be consulted are:
Roldan
Arehd347
RandomBlader64

Yeah faults on me for opening my case around kids who are easily impressed.😅😅😅
Covid is not so bad as to necessitate extreme measures, just common sense not to touch other's beys in these times and pre covid it would be asking to look at them without touching generally anyway. I don't take covid seriously (it's overblown scaremongering is all I will say) but I don't take the mick still. Your UV light and sterilization thing made me cringe though. Not trying to be hostile but I seriously disagree with you semi scaremongerers.
(Nov. 24, 2020  1:19 AM)God_Aron Wrote: Covid is not so bad as to necessitate extreme measures, just common sense not to touch other's beys in these times and pre covid it would be asking to look at them without touching generally anyway. I don't take covid seriously (it's overblown scaremongering is all I will say) but I don't take the mick still. Your UV light and sterilization thing made me cringe though. Not trying to be hostile but I seriously disagree with you semi scaremongerers.

I don't know how covid affected you except for being inconvenient but I know people who have died from it so I'm sorry if I take it more seriously than you especially while trying to organize at the same time and taking precautions.
(Nov. 24, 2020  1:19 AM)God_Aron Wrote: Covid is not so bad as to necessitate extreme measures, just common sense not to touch other's beys in these times and pre covid it would be asking to look at them without touching generally anyway. I don't take covid seriously (it's overblown scaremongering is all I will say) but I don't take the mick still. Your UV light and sterilization thing made me cringe though. Not trying to be hostile but I seriously disagree with you semi scaremongerers.

You all be saying that until you actually have it. Thousands of people have died from this and I think that enough is a reasonable explanation for extreme measures.