NFL Football

Ravens Beat 49ers 16-6. Joe Flacco went 15/23 with 161 yards and a TD. Smith went 15/24 with 150 yards and no TD's. The Ravens are 8-3, while 49ers are 9-2.
Yup. Bad game on the Niners' part on offense. Though Thanksgiving had some BAD officiating, don'tcha think?
(Nov. 26, 2011  7:19 AM)Temporal Wrote: Yup. Bad game on the Niners' part on offense. Though Thanksgiving had some BAD officiating, don'tcha think?
Totally, though I couldn't tell if those 4 flags San Fran got were legit or not. 4 flags early for 49ers and 1 for the Ravens seems abnormal to me. I only was able to watch half of the game and I saw like 20 flags, most of them to San Fran, but a vital one to Baltimore which could have put them up early.
Especially the late hit call in the Detroit game. Vanden Bosch was in the air. There's nothing he can do about it. Even Micheal Lombardi agrees. He specifically stated "Some quarterbacks you aren't allowed to hit at all. That wasn't a good call, but they're glad they have Aaron. Really glad."

On the PI flag on San Francisco's INT: It's stupid. You are allowed to use an opposing receiver's arm to corral a ball. That is not PI. As long as the pass was in reach of both players at the time, which it was, then there is no penalty.
Welp, we can't help it now.
Nope. But that doesn't let that crew off the hook. Nor does it let the Niners-Ravens crew off the hook.
Exactly. Either the refs need to get their act together, or we're gonna continue having these problems.
Eh, the NFL tends to crown teams early. The Lions were condemned since beating Tebow. The NFL loves Tebow and Rodgers, as they make the most money. On the other hand, they hate Suh (Hasn't done anything that LT or Strahan hasn't done), Roethlisberger (Obviously. Hm... Am I the only one who knows that charges were not pressed due to cops testifying that there was no evidence AND the ladies were drunk?), Cutler (MJD, anyone? He's an idiot for criticizing Cutler and not even making the playoffs), Vick (For obvious reasons), Fitzpatrick (Rich Harvard kid who knows the game), and Earl Bennet's shoes. (Really? He can't play over some orange CLEATS?)
I really gotta keep up with that.They just go with players that seem to have a clean resume of not getting fined or doing something criminal.
Being a Lions fan is fun this year. After 50 years of carp we finally are good. The refs are having a relationship with the packers and that is why the Lions did not beat them...also...Suh got banned for two games. The NFL is trying to screw the Lions.
I'm actually more surprised as much as anything to see Detroit play so well recently. It looks like Stafford helped make it happen.
Tony Romo is so overrated totally carp. It is good being a Lions fan this year we still have San Diego so then 8-4 then Oakland should win 9-4 Vikings will be 10-4 New Orleans will be tough but we win if Stafford plays good 11-4 then Green Bay 11-5 so we need the Bears, Saints and Falcons to lose and Bears are losing Falcons won and we also only need the Cowgirls and Giants to slouch to.
It is possible to beat Green Bay bro.....just need Bobby Carpender to have a couple pick sixes and a good performance by CJ JR.
Our receivers did not go to the ball in that loss we can win if Stafford ONLY throws 1 pick and 4 td's and Kevin needs to run the lights out of them there d is horrid
Eagles are out. Here are the NFC standings:
Green Bay: 11-0
San Fransisco: 9-2
New Orleans: 7-3
Detroit: 7-4
Chicago: 7-4
Atlanta: 7-4
Dallas: 7-4
New York(G): 6-4
Basically....we need a Chicago loss and an atlanta loss i wouldnt say we need a dallas loss considering we beat them and New York will loose about 3 or 4 more games anyway.
Week 12 is coming soon. Green Bay visits the Giants and Detroit faces New Orleans are gonna be the biggest games. Eli just isn't good enough to lead his team to the win. Rodgers is too powerful. I predict a 31-24 win for the Pack. As for the other one... *sigh* I hate to say this, but........20-17....in overtime....Detroit. Matt Stafford is giving me a gut feeling that he will lead his team to the win. As much I would love for Detroit to fall, I don't see it happening this game.
I can. For one reason. The NFL doesn't like Detroit, and you're not allowed to hit Drew Brees. Plus, no Suh.
(Dec. 03, 2011  2:50 AM)Temporal Wrote: I can. For one reason. The NFL doesn't like Detroit, and you're not allowed to hit Drew Brees. Plus, no Suh.
I expected Suh to behave badly, LOOK AT HIS COACHES! Either way, even without Suh or support of the NFL, I think Stafford can make it happen.
My Hawks beat the tur- uhhh I mean Eagles. This makes me so happy inside. You suck Vick!
(Dec. 03, 2011  2:50 AM)Temporal Wrote: I can. For one reason. The NFL doesn't like Detroit, and you're not allowed to hit Drew Brees. Plus, no Suh.

The NFl hates detroit....and true you are not allowed to hit Brees.
lets go romo and the boys' yea dawg!
(Dec. 03, 2011  9:19 AM)PunkBlader Wrote: My Hawks beat the tur- uhhh I mean Eagles. This makes me so happy inside. You suck Vick!

Leave Vick alone. So what? He did his time. LET IT GO. Damn, why do murderers and rapists get second chances, while Micheal Vick financed a dog fighting arena and is looked at poorly forever? (Yes, he never participated. He only paid for the thing.) PETA likes putting the man down and saying he doesn't deserve to play [citing his "bad form of play"], yet the reps have never watched him play. Look at their anti-Vick campaigns. They all say that he's not a credit to the NFL. Who's the best running QB in NFL history? Vick. They say he's not okay to watch. Who's the second most polarizing player in the NFL, behind Devin Hester (Who can change a game in about ten seconds, which nobody else can do)? Vick again. Micheal Vick is a great credit to the NFL, and tough to boot. Again: Leave the man alone. He's done his time without complaining. And for goodness' sake, don't listen to the media about him. (It's not like the 'Hawks are smart. They just let go the best QB they've ever had, except maybe Jim Zorn. AND Hasselbeck made them relevant. They'll never see THAT again. Oh, well.
(Dec. 03, 2011  2:54 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
I expected Suh to behave badly, LOOK AT HIS COACHES! Either way, even without Suh or support of the NFL, I think Stafford can make it happen.

It's not that he behaves badly, he's just filling in the role the NFL told him to fill. The NFL has never (despite my brother's fan-boy insistence that the NFL claims the PATRIOTS as "bad boys", with Brady as an evil genius, which is total bull.) advertised any team as "evil". The Packers and Broncos are the NFL's good guys, while the Bears and Lions are the "dirty, evil" teams of the NFL. The Steelers are the salty runner-ups with a vengeance, and the Pats are the kings. The Jets are the neglected little brothers, and the Bucs are those random kids that manage to pull it together when it counts, but rarely otherwise. The Chargers are the dukes who never got it done, and the Ravens are the annoying newcomers. The Colts are the rowdy "Hey-what-the-hell-are-you-morons-doing!?" anti-Pats with Manning, and are totally without identity minus him. The NFL brands most teams with a "personality" that's not that hard to find. The Bills are the whiny brats who always ruin others' fun. The Bengals are the gimps with talent that everyone is waiting on to crash and burn. See? Most you can get from headlines and other NFL-related things, like how the rules and media treat the players. The Bears and Lions get fined and flagged for everything, the Packers and Pats don't. The Rams and Bills get tough schedules, the Jets and Ravens do not. Get it?

Also: The Bears will likely be looking at McNabb. Why? Hanie's a moron. Don't coaches tell you not to spike the ball when nobody's around when you're like...twelve? C'mon, man! Plus, his decision-making is REALLY shaky. Anyway, McNabb's tendency to throw bad balls way low makes picks nearly impossible, and pick sixes literally impossible with the Bears' team speed. He'll get protection, and we'll cruise into the playoffs. Then we get Cutler back, and we've got another deep run. MAYBE Bears-Pack again. Or Bears-Niners for the NFC Championship. In that case, I'm sure the MVP of that game will be Robbie Gould. Hrm... I see nobody in the AFC with enough of a run D to stop Forte except the Steelers and Ravens. Pats-Bears in the Super Bowl? Bears. Bears-Jets? Bears. Bears-Bengals? Bears, but really close. Bears-Steelers? Steelers. Bears-Ravens? Hrm...Bears? Cundiff vs. Gould. I'll bet on Gould. Besides, I'll take Cutler over Flacco any day. Flacco's cool, but he's about as consistent as muddy water. Or as Chase McCoy in the 2nd half. (Watch today's Texas-Baylor highlights. You'll get it.) Bears-Texans? Without Schaub? Whoo, Bears in a landslide. Now, for just playoffs. Bears-Cowboys. Well, we saw that one last year. They won WITHOUT Forte going beast mode. Bears. Bears-Lions? Hrm... Bears if Cutler stays smart. Hell, if Enderle and Stafford went at it, THAT'D be a fun, high-scoring game! Otherwise? Lions. Bears-Saints? Bears roll. The Saints will not get so many sacks and hits. No sir. Saints-Lions? Is this a question? Lions get a post-season win. Lions-Falcons? Nope. Sorry, Ryan. This is not the year. Hell, Bears-Flacons isn't the right game. Bears take that one by halftime.

Why do I like the Bears, and namely Cutler? The attitude. The blue-collar, we're-not-entitled-to-anything-but-the-right-to-kill-you mood the team carries. Look at their taglines: "Lightning: Now in Navy and Orange" "There are no visitors. Just survivors" "Our family tree has a branch just for linebackers". This is a team that is VERY good at what they've done since the forties. That would be...hitting people. Think about it: What do Bears players get fined for most often? Hits. (Minus Bennet's shoes, because that's just awful.) They like getting their hands dirty. And Cutler's insane. (Threw a pass while on his butt. Favre is clapping somewhere.) He also goes chasing picks he throws. Does Brady do that? Nah. Rivers? Sometimes, just not often. Favre did it, Vick does it, and Fitzpatrick does it. Cutler, however, will legitimately attempt to kill you. He's funny, aloof, and is not scared to tell Mike Martz what he thinks of running on 3rd and 14. ("Hey! Sanzenbacher! Tell Mike I said [bleep] 'im!) He's a gamer and a winner. He doesn't quit. And the questioning of his toughness (This means you, Maurice Jones-Drew. You weren't even IN the playoffs. Haven't been in years. If at all.) needs to stop.
Ok, Temporal. Lemme break up my opinions for ya. I know for SURE this isn't right, but this is how I see each team:

Bills: A team that should be doing good. The road hasn't been treating them well.
Dolphins: Still like them, but they are eating some mushrooms or something.
Patriots: Just a showoff team. "Oh, you can't hit Brady." I will laugh if he gets clobbered by a 300 lb lineman (legally or illegally, just something for an injury), and I will be laughing and crying and cheering for the love of it if Indy pulls an upset.
Jets: They're just...there....
Ravens:The team that has a together game plan with a successful Flacco leading the way. Really good at protecting the house (they're 8-3 overall, 6-0 at home).
Bengals: One guy is preventing me from blowing my gasket for this team; Andy Dalton.
Browns: The nerds that can't play sports and aren't popular this year.
Steelers: A fat guy named Ben, A pirate named Troy, and some other guys.
Texans: 8-3, can't argue with that.
Colts: Manning's not there, and the NFL's gonna vote him MVP. What has the NFL come to? If you wanna good MVP, pick Flacco, pick Rodgers, PICK BRADY I DON"T CARE. PICK SOMEBODY WHO"S PLAYING.
Jaguars: Gabbert and Jones-Drew? Eh...
Titans: Hasselbeck shall fix everything! (not really, think Houston's got em beat.)
Broncos: Tebow? So what? I like Denver but not Tebow, put Orton back. I don't care if they get worse, just get Tebow out of my sight.
Chiefs: Who?
Raiders: Hooray for a 3-game win streak. Tired
Chargers: Thanks a lot for ruining everything, my 4th favorite team.
Cowboys: OMG IT'S TONY ROMO! I'M BLIND! HE'S KILLING ME!!
Giants: Again, who?
Eagles: Vick, seriously, nobody likes you.
Redskins: C'mon guys, you had my hopes up.
Bears: The-- wait, I forgot, who are they again? The Bears? I swear I've heard that name before.
Lions: A team with anger management issues (Suh and Coach Schwartz). Looks like Dr. Stafford needs to fix this.
Packers: Robots that took the bodies of all of the Packer's players. It's a good way to get Rodgers some respect.
Vikings: I have no idea who you are talking about. Is that the team with McNabb and Peterson? Oh.....
Falcons: PICK UP THE SAINTS AND THROW THEM ON THE GROUND.
Panthers: I will no longer cheer for my home state.
Saints: BREES, GET OUTTA MY SIGHT!
Buccaneers: There, we fixed the problem with a worse team without someone that scares me.
Cardinals: Once upon a time, there was a Wide Receiver named Larry Fitzgerald. He hasn't helped them pass the Seahawks in rank.
49ers: Meet Alex Smith, number 11. He is a powerful man. His team is 9-2. They will most likely win their division.
Seahawks: Oh, they're back. Hm... Sorry, still not forgiving you.
Rams: Bradford ain't gonna fix anything, is he?

And I'm 99.9% sure that nobody's gonna agree with me, but this is my opinion of each team, and they're probably not gonna change. (Ok, we done? Let the hating begin.)
Pack is 12-0 Baby we squeezed past the Giants!
I wanted the Packers to win anyway...Giants and Cowboys are still tied...GO COWBOYS!