My new job at MEGA

OMG!!! thats huge!! maga congratulationg man!!!!!!!!! woot! i know about battle strikers but still! wow wooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Aug. 15, 2009  12:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think it is appropriate to ask these sorts of questions ...

It's salary.

Sorry about that...
Im looking forward to later changes to the game. I bought every battle striker out in stores right now. I agree, its not beyblade but there is no reason why it cant be its own game.
Double WOW! XD
Congratulations Bey Brad! Wink
COngrats! i just got 2 battle strikers a few days ago and i reall enjoy them! (but beyblade are still better) Good job Brad!
Congratulations Brad, I hope you will accomplish many things and that you also have fun.
Hehe, in 3 years. brad will be owner of mega ormaybe even Takara-mega! its only a matter of time until u get something from takara or hasbro! all your work has counted for something great worldwide, your the biggest link in a world of bladers and i hope you will continue your work on wbo and i hope ull make bs a gr8 game! ^^; (going to the beyblade and battle strikers argument briefly...everyone else is saying summit about it so i will say this: they are 2 completely different games wit 2 completely different styles of play so in some ways bey is better than battle strikers but in some ways battle strikers is better than bey..but myself. i will always be a beyblader through and through.) congrats brad ^^ you really deserve this, and i wish u the best of luck from the bottom of my heart..ive congratulated you twice but third time is the charm =)
I don't care if Takara-Tomy contacts me now. I won't listen to them.
(Aug. 19, 2009  10:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't care if Takara-Tomy contacts me now. I won't listen to them.

Damn straight, those losers ignored us/you for to long so I can only say, if they contact you and you reject them then good on you. Smile
(Aug. 19, 2009  10:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't care if Takara-Tomy contacts me now. I won't listen to them.

LOL thats pretty ruthless but fair at the same time xD
hey brad I'm a bit annoyed with you at the moment
BUT you got your dream job and thats what matters.
(Aug. 20, 2009  3:50 PM)black Pegasus Wrote: hey brad I'm a bit annoyed with you at the moment
... That is quite borderline rude; would you have necessarily added that "BUT" part if it had not been written in the opening post ... Why would you be annoyed with him anyway.
He thinks hes a traitor. Betraying your admin is more of traitor-ness. :c
(Aug. 20, 2009  3:50 PM)black Pegasus Wrote: hey brad I'm a bit annoyed with you at the moment

get out

Brad has already said that people that think like this should not post here. Also, Brad worked his butt off to get to this point, it might not be what he really hoped for but it is still a great job to go for and that is why i am behind him all the way with it.
This is real life people, he was offered a once in a life time opportunity to a great job, by a respectable company. IMO you would have to be nuts not to take it. Hasbro/Takara has never shown any interest in our opinions.
yea brad deserved this let him have it in the glory he deserves ^^
(Aug. 20, 2009  4:53 PM)Minion Wrote: This is real life people, he was offered a once in a life time opportunity to a great job, by a respectable company. IMO you would have to be nuts not to take it. Hasbro/Takara has never shown any interest in our opinions.

Seriously. What the hell did you expect me to do? Turn down a dream job with great pay in an amazing city at an amazing company so I could keep running my Beyblade fansite? Not only that, MEGA never said I had to leave the WBO. It's entirely my own personal decision to do so because it's too much of a conflict of interest for me. The fact of the matter is, in the position my life is moving into I do not want to run the WBO. I am still going to be on-hand to advise and help out, but I will likely become far less active.

I'd like to share some PMs an anonymous user has been sending me:

the_one_blader Wrote:man are you have a future hope whit mega blocks?, I don´t know your reasons,but is really difficult to me understand your reason to aprove it,please can you tell me why you get that work?, and please don´t take this like an insult or something like that. I´m only worried about you.

the_one_blader Wrote:I have another count here,it isn`t for bother, but you are so explosive and you will be to cancel my other account if put this message whit mi real memeber name, i only taking my precautions.
Man I only worried about you , why a respect blader than you are going to take seriously the mega blocks way of battling tops, really i don`t understand your reasons...

the_one_blader Wrote:ok so mega blocks need your opininon thats right...
why you don´t try do your own company?...
you have all this whit the WBO and it can´t possible that you think that a game for 6+ kids will change the world of battling tops (not beyblade) c´mon man the unique porpuose of what mega blocks needs you is because they need help for all the people that have this big forums or webs... if they convince you you are going to put in the trash all your work, they ar need you for steal all your proyect, you are work really hard man really you are my hero!! , but if you decide this way, you are going to screw all your work.

This is totally disconnected from reality, especially to sincerely suggest I start my own company. How is that any better, if it was even possible; I would still have to leave the WBO due to a lack of time. I have been trying to get involved officially with the Beyblade project for over half a decade and I have never even received a response from anyone. So why should I bother?

I'm twenty one years old. I'm an adult. I need to move on with my life, and this is an amazing opportunity for me to be influential in an industry I really care about. If you cannot understand my reasoning behind this, you are exceptionally selfish, even if you are a child. The world does not cater to you, I do not cater to you.

As of this post I am officially resigned as the director of the World Beyblade Organization. I will be taking an advisory role only and will be doing my best to stay uninvolved. Obviously arrangements need to be made with the rest of the Committee as to where to go from here, but I can do more with MEGA than I ever could here. I'm determined to make Battle Strikers an amazing game, regardless of however you feel about it as it is right now; it will be improved by my influence. If you sincerely think I don't have the knowledge required to make this game amazing, you should perhaps remember I have been playing Beyblade for over seven years and know Beyblade better than anyone at Hasbro or TT could hope to.

I will stress again that this is my decision, completely uninfluenced by MEGA. They have never even spoken to me about the WBO since they offered me the job. Reading messages like this has only convinced me that I need to get away from this site.

Farewell guys, it's been nice leading this project but we all grow and change and move on to new and better things. I'll keep Blading and watching.
You'll be missed as the director of the WBO, but I wish you best of luck in your new endeavors! Grin
Good luck with everything, Brad. We were really fortunate to have someone like you lead this community for so long. I can't wait to see what you're able to do with MEGA! Smile
Good luck with everything Brad, I'll miss your posts ;( Smile
Good luck with everything Brad! We're rooting for you.
Peace.
So long man, I hope we will meet one day in real life (If you want to see my ugly mug) but until then, I wish you the best of luck and all my support and a huge thank you for all that have done for us. Farewell. Smile