My 5 boys first Beyblades...HUGE

5 sons,  3 Birthdays in April (other 2 September)...we just do two bashes a year. 

So after going back and forth between two handfuls of TT or a table full of Hasbro....i decided Hasbro.  Toys R Us had BOGO50%off and I also found all 4 wave 2 switchstrikes at Walmart. I figured if they ever do competition I will buy their favorite parts in the TT lineup.

Table Full of Beys click for pic

If you look at the link (tell if broken) you will see the collection but here is the list:

6x Dual Threat Launchers
6x Super Grip Launcher 
Beylocker
Basic Stadium
Chaos Core
Star Storm Battle Set
$10 Walmart two box parts organizer (perfect) 
Fafnir f3, Legend Spryzen s3, Congnite c3, Roktavor r3, Wyvron w3, Doomscizor d3, Genesis Valtryek v3

Two packs: Wyvron w2 and odax o2, Evipero e2 and Horusood h2,  Roktavor r2 and xcalius,  Treptune and Nepstrius 

Singles: yedrion, Wyvron w2, odax,  kerbeus,  doomscizor d2, roktavor r2, spryzen,  minoborus, horusood 

I am giving them the basic models first and then over the next few months giving them the version 2s and then version 3s.
there’s so much?? might as well put the shop out of business?
how come ur taking that approach for? is it to let them practice with the older ones first, or like a reward system?
you know what you should do. give your favorite child the version 3 as his/her starting beyblade and when Super Z (the newest series of beyblade burst" buy your favorite child one of those and watch as the other children desperately try to beat him.
nice work, dad!

i’m convinced the beyblade hobby is one of the best for kids
equal if not superior to lego, which is saying a lot

teaches strategy planning, problem solving, fine motor skills, and sportsmanship
not bad for a toy!

plus focus and core play is in the real world and not on some phone!

what a nice dad!
Oh my God Valkyrie that is a lot, it looks awesome
Hey BeybladerDad, just wanted to mention that I removed the "Product" prefix from this thread. That's reserved for threads related to new product discussion/upcoming releases.
leosama: both, learn to play with the older stuff and also rewards for chores/school/etc. I am still collecting v2 models and there are still more v1 out there. There is plenty for the birthday bash with stadiums, beylockers, and v1/v2s

Corruptus: no favorites here, I plan to beat them all myself anyway LOL

RedPanda2: I totally agree, its a big reason I threw myself into learning all about them. Much thanks to you and leosama. They are Lego maniacs too.

@other posts: Ya, can't wait, going to be a blast. I am still searching stores I drive by. I am actually selling my Warhammer 40k Necrons to offset cost LOL. I plan to use Doomscizor and Xcalius
(Feb. 24, 2018  10:08 PM)BeybladerDad Wrote: leosama: both, learn to play with the older stuff and also rewards for chores/school/etc. I am still collecting v2 models and there are still more v1 out there.  There is plenty for the birthday bash with stadiums,  beylockers,  and v1/ v2

so ur gonna have to hide most of them, won’t you? good luck with that??
I’d love to see how you do it! hit us up with updates and stuff, yeah? and like which ones they like, if they’re picking favourites, etc?
I fully plan to update with info, photos, favorite Beys, and maybe even some video.
(Feb. 24, 2018  3:46 PM)Corruptus Wrote: you know what you should do. give your favorite child the version 3 as his/her starting beyblade and when Super Z (the newest series of beyblade burst" buy your favorite child one of those and watch as the other children desperately try to beat him.
Some people... Some people just want to watch the world burn. Username checks out.
I Ebayed Betromoth B2 and Epic Rivals Set so I can get Valtryek v2 and Spryzen s2.
I have now collected in 4 weeks via stopping at stores, and the above ebay:

Every Version 1 except : Evipero and Roktavor (and I know where to find both)
Every Version 2 except: Two pack VS of Gianon g2/Doomscizor , Jormuntor j2/Fengriff f2, and Kerbeus k2/Yedrion y2, and Luinor L2 (is there a 1?)
Every Version 3 except: wave 3

The two packs are running $20-30 on ebay. There is one with both two packs for BIN $40 but I think I am done. I don't think the last few are needed.

Sadly I saw a Luinor on the shelf at the very first store I went to.....twice....I didn't buy it.....I wanted that one for me ....alas it was not meant to be. I didnt know at the time that was harder to find.
(Feb. 24, 2018  7:48 AM)And BeybladerDad Wrote: 5 sons,  3 Birthdays in April (other 2 September)...we just do two bashes a year. 

So after going back and forth between two handfuls of TT or a table full of Hasbro....i decided Hasbro.  Toys R Us had BOGO50%off and I also found all 4 wave 2 switchstrikes at Walmart. I figured if they ever do competition I will buy their favorite parts in the TT lineup.

Table Full of Beys click for pic

If you look at the link (tell if broken) you will see the collection but here is the list:

6x Dual Threat Launchers
6x Super Grip Launcher 
Beylocker
Basic Stadium
Chaos Core
Star Storm Battle Set
$10 Walmart two box parts organizer (perfect) 
Fafnir f3, Legend Spryzen s3, Congnite c3, Roktavor r3, Wyvron w3, Doomscizor d3, Genesis Valtryek v3

Two packs: Wyvron w2 and odax o2, Evipero e2 and Horusood h2,  Roktavor r2 and xcalius,  Treptune and Nepstrius 

Singles: yedrion, Wyvron w2, odax,  kerbeus,  doomscizor d2, roktavor r2, spryzen,  minoborus, horusood 

I am giving them the basic models first and then over the next few months giving them the version 2s and then version 3s.

Thats super awesome! Glad you guy entered the hobby! For competition TT arent necessary, Hasbro have their own charms and strengths, they tend to be more burst resistant, and a few of the pieces are more refined due to being newer. (Just wanted to say don’t count Hasbro out entirely)
I don't have that amount of beyblades in my 7 year collection.
Lucky kids!! Haha you're awesome and I'm sure they'll love this!

Post photos and videos of the birthday (beyblade) bash!
I tested out the red Dual Threat launcher and I was not impressed. I think the Super grip launcher is the best of the bunch so far. I am using red sharpie to add a different color to each Super grip launcher. It will wear off but still look pretty cool.

Birthday is in April.
I just opened up all v1 models (couple v2s) for them/me to play with and we are using the basic and chaos core stadiums. Love it, its a blast. We are doing daily tournaments when I get home from work.

The rules we are using: Play to 5pts: 1pt out spin/knock into pit, 2pt burst, and we allo Beys to keep fighting if they jump out of pits.
It seemed like in the rules that if you hit a pit at all you lost but we have had great matches where one Bey went into the pit while the other went in twice and the one that went in twice still won.

I have a lot of info to share later.
Oh my god, what lucky kids! The dual threat launcher is actually really good, I recommend using the super grip as, well, a grip.
I like the cut off your jib. Lol. My kids just got me into Beyblade as well. My wife is not impressed with my purchases this far oh my.
(Mar. 04, 2018  8:29 PM)Sillybears Wrote: I like the cut off your jib. Lol. My kids just got me into Beyblade as well. My wife is not impressed with my purchases this far oh my.

Well they're only kids once...

And I'm sure you just start them off and soon they'll wanna save up to get their own beys

Maybe 2 bucks for vacuuming the floor, toilet mowing the lawn etc. One buck for cleaning the kitchen etc.

So that way you get household chores done, they can earn extra bucks for more beys.
(Mar. 03, 2018  9:09 PM)BeybladerDad Wrote: I tested out the red  Dual Threat launcher and I was not impressed. I think the Super grip launcher is the best of the bunch so far. I am using red sharpie to add a different color to each Super grip launcher. It will wear off but still look pretty cool.

Birthday is in April.
I just opened up all v1 models (couple v2s) for them/me to play with and we are using the basic and chaos core stadiums. Love it, its a blast. We are doing daily tournaments when I get home from work.

The rules we are using: Play to 5pts: 1pt out spin/knock into pit, 2pt burst, and we allo Beys to keep fighting if they jump out of pits.
It seemed like in the rules that if you hit a pit at all you lost but we have had great matches where one Bey went into the pit while the other went in twice and the one that went in twice still won.

I have a lot of info to share later.

as far as family bey scoring, we've come to really like the WBO tournament style
lol

—-

to start
swiss format (like a round robin) with one bey and 1pt for all types of wins, first to 3pts wins
but everyone makes the finals, and swiss results are used for seeding

the finals are deck format
3 beys each in total, no repeated parts
bey is chosen in secret for each battle
2pts for bursts and KOs, 1pt for SFs, first to 5pts wins

in my house, unlimited redos for launch snipes and self KO's with no prior contact

—-

the one drawback to playing like this is the number of parts required
everyone knows the best parts and you end up needing multiple copies

but we really like playing this way
with 4 people everyone gets enough matches 
and there is something more defined to compete for
(Mar. 04, 2018  8:29 PM)Sillybears Wrote: I like the cut off your jib. Lol. My kids just got me into Beyblade as well. My wife is not impressed with my purchases this far oh my.

Lol,  one of my favorite podcasts,  True Crime Garage says "I like the cut of your jib" all the time. 

My wife is happy with us spending good, fun,  and competitive time together.

(Mar. 05, 2018  8:34 AM)Bersilus Wrote:

Well they're only kids once...

And I'm sure you just start them off and soon they'll wanna save up to get their own beys

Maybe 2 bucks for vacuuming the floor, toilet mowing the lawn etc. One buck for cleaning the kitchen etc.

So that way you get household chores done, they can earn extra bucks for more beys.

Yes....it is working wonders for chores,  school work,  and overall behavior.

They are MY Beys for the time being LOL