Music Random Thoughts

We have a gaming random thoughts, and a regular random thoughts, so it's about time we get a music random thoughts!

TOPIC RULES

- Think of this thread as a "Random Interesting Thoughts" topic. Only post if you really have something remotely interesting to say. Always ask yourself : "Hm, would anybody really care about my post ?"

- This is not a chatroom. If you want to have a private discussion between you and one or a few people, then take it to private messages. If you realise that a conversation that started well begins to clutter up this topic, you should take the initiative to move the discussion to private messages.

- No SPAM. The Community Rules obviously still apply in this topic, so anything that can be seen as SPAM will be warned and probably removed from the thread to keep it clean.

- No Beyblade posts. Like all the Off-Topic Forums, Beyblade should not be discussed here. The Beyblade Random Thoughts thread already exists anyway.
I'm probably one of the only people on here who likes bands like REM, REO Speedwagon, The Cars, et cetera. My Mondays I belong in the 70s Tongue_out
Modern music just feels either too cheesy or electronic and warped to the point where I just can't connect to it/stand it.
I can only sing songs I don't like to much pretty well. I can sing that hey there Delilah song pretty good apparently, I just hate the song, haha.

I'm more of a modern musin person, I like some old bands like the Beatles though.
I'm also a modern music person. I love Pompeii from The Bastille though. <3
(Feb. 02, 2014  9:59 PM)Shining Dog MS Wrote: I'm also a modern music person. I love Pompeii from The Bastille though. <3

You make it sound like Bastille is not modern music :v

I'm honestly more of an Indie rock/indie pop/Alt Rock type of person, with a bit of funk every so often (oh man, I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers). I also grew up listening to a lot of older rock, seeing as my parents are a bit older than others.
Speaking of the RHCP, can't wait to see them perform today during half time. It's so strange to think about how long they have been around. They have been around longer than Guns N' Roses, yet we don't really consider them "classic rock". Mostly due to the fact that they still are making music, and have a bit of a funk feel to them more than a rock feel, IMO.
I'm a pretty huge fan of dubstep, but not things like Knife Party or Skrillex. I like songs like these.
That halftime show was pretty good. Although I am a bit sad that the Red Hots didn't play much. I totally called what song they were going to play too. I told my friend "they are probably going to play Give it Away after this song, just due to how pumped up it is".
(Feb. 02, 2014  10:36 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: I'm a pretty huge fan of dubstep, but not things like Knife Party or Skrillex. I like songs like these.

Skrillex is house music.

I prefer indie/alternative although I do listen to pretty much everything, seeing as today I went from Panic At The Disco to Disturbed, then Madonna to Pink Floyd XD
Currently listening to MCR though
I agree with Nano all the way; indie rock/indie pop/alt rock is definitely the way to go.

Right now I am going to go on a hardcore, all Panic! playlist in order to prepare myself for their concert. Go hard or go home. Ahaha.
I'm pretty much fine with anything I listen too except for most of today's ugly rap and dubstep.

I do like the Beatles, RHCP, Airborne Toxic Event, etc.

but yeah i'm all over the place
I'm fairly sure that I posted this somewhere else, but whatever.
I like Classic Rock, DubStep, Nightcore (Cover music like Technologic) and TV intro music. (I don't mean stuff like The Simpsons intro, I'm talking the 12 oz Mouse intro, too bad the show sucks.) aren't I all over the place...
(Feb. 03, 2014  4:26 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I agree with Nano all the way; indie rock/indie pop/alt rock is definitely the way to go.

Right now I am going to go on a hardcore, all Panic! playlist in order to prepare myself for their concert. Go hard or go home. Ahaha.

I had the opportunity to see them in Richmond, my mother said no and I was really upset for the next week or so. We had "plans." After the concert was over and done with, the next day my mother told me.they canceled.
Two days ago.
Ah, man, that really sucks Uncertain But look, Fall Out Boy/Paramore are gonna be in Virginia Beach this summer on their tour, if you like them. They're in the same ballpark as Panic! so it's not so bad.
No don't talk about that tour. I am so mad that they aren't coming anywhere near Oregon. Both them and Panic! aren't. And I heard that FOB live is amazing.
But you know who is going to Portland, Oregon? Tegan and Sara. Okay, actually, it's Katy Perry's tour, but they're opening up for her. Still counts, somewhat...
(Feb. 03, 2014  7:06 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Ah, man, that really sucks Uncertain But look, Fall Out Boy/Paramore are gonna be in Virginia Beach this summer on their tour, if you like them. They're in the same ballpark as Panic! so it's not so bad.

Oh I KNOW. I listen to them too XD
I like more modern songs by artist like two chainz,lil'wayne,brisco,and some titles suchas Look At Me Now,Birthday Song by two chainz,etc...
(Feb. 03, 2014  8:21 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: But you know who is going to Portland, Oregon? Tegan and Sara. Okay, actually, it's Katy Perry's tour, but they're opening up for her. Still counts, somewhat...

I would actually go see that if my friend is up for it :v

But know who else is coming to Portland (again)? Foster the People. And for an actual show too, not another surprise show. They must really love Portland to have a surprise show and come back later for the real deal, holla.
An indie rock band I really like, Snowmine, is going to Portland too. They're gonna be in Brooklyn on the 6th, too, but both shows are 21 and up. Gosh darn.

I can sense this thread is slowly becoming a "whine about concerts you can't go to" thread... aha.
(Feb. 04, 2014  1:56 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: An indie rock band I really like, Snowmine, is going to Portland too. They're gonna be in Brooklyn on the 6th, too, but both shows are 21 and up.

And why are them concerts +21?
The venues serve alcohol, so yeah, no one under 21. It's not an uncommon thing when it comes to bands, really.
Double post but, just gotta say, Panic! at the Disco's show tonight was awesome. They played a lot of my favorites, like Time to Dance, But It's Better If You Do, and Nine in the Afternoon. Brendon did a backflip, twice, none of which I managed to record. It was a little hectic at first (gosh, everyone really likes to shove their way to the front) but it calmed down a bit and I had a good time. So worth the three hour wait in snow.
Been listening to some Krewella lately. Their Troll Mixes are great for playing video games. Since they are an hour long, you don't have to worry about putting a new song on in the middle of a game. The mixes get me pumped!
Here's their SoundCloud. They put out a new Troll mix every month.
I recently bought the albums "Out of Time," "Hi-Infidelity," and "I'll Supply the Love" by REM, REO Speedwagon, and Toto respectively. I've really gotten into REM lately.

Also, I taught myself seven songs on guitar yesterday, a new record for me, haha.
Well, this is one of the best threads for me, my favorite kind of music are on pokemon mystery dungeon 2, Sacrifice in particular the best video game just because of music!!!

other kinds of music that i like: "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" from the lego movie, I dont even know who wrote it but it is awesome as the title!

and then, my song "The Meep Army Theme", when i get a youtube, that theme i made will be the intro!