[Mumbai, India] Beyblade Challenge! (26/05/13)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Bladers in India, are you tired of the lack of Beyblading activity in your region?
Do you feel that Beyblade has died down in you area?
If that is the case, here's your chance to re-ignite your Beyblading Spirit this summer!
The WBO, in association with Funskool and Landmark presents India's largest Beyblade event,
Beyblade Challenge!

Let's get down to the details now.

Where? The event will be held at Infiniti Mall, Andheri West.

When? The event will be held on 26th May 2013. The registration starts from 11:30, so be there by 11:00 AM. The event will begin at 12:00 PM and end at 4:30 PM.

Format: Since we expect more than 50 participants, the format used will be Double Elimination. To get more information about how the format works, read the Event guide here.

Fees: The entry fees have been waived for this event. This means that you need not pay the regular $5 entry fee for this event. Howver, you can still get a Blader Passport by paying $10 to the hosts. A Blader Passport will provide you free entry to all future WBO events for a year and also allow you to participate in the WBO Giveaways limited to passport holders.

Hosts: nik1392

Prizes: Prizes will be provided by Funskool. The actual prizes are a surprise, so win it to find out what it is.

Some Important stuff :

¤ Before you do anything else, please read through the WBO Official Play rules. If you don't, you'll be losing out on the tournament day, so don't blame us.

¤In order to participate, fill out the entry form from your nearest Landmark store
OR
Post in this thread
OR
Send a Private Message to:
nik1392

¤ Please be committed.

¤ If you have any problems, feel free to PM anyone of us.
You can also contact us on the number: +918097140558

¤ We don't use the money we get from the Passports or Entry Fees. All the money is sent to the WBO. Please read this for more information : Matter of Money of the World Beyblade Organization. As you can read there, this money is used for the running and maintenance of the site and to buy cool prizes for contests and lotteries

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

just 1 hour remaining for the tourney
Today, is one of the greatest day in Indian Beyblade's history!!
Show your valor my warriors! Make our country proud..!!
Show them all that Beyblade's not just a spinning top game!
Here are my top picks to place in the top 3-
AdityaTheBlader
ashton pinto
christophermk
Dayrider
gameboysuperman
Janstarblast
A special salute to nik1392 for his hard-work and dedication.

Also, I agree with Janstarblast's statement out there. No matter how much your urge may be, please co-operate.
BEST OF LUCK......!!!!!!!
I want to know the results guys...!!!
i lost in the semifinal's due to nemo but i came 4th thanx
(May. 26, 2013  5:58 AM)zeneo Wrote: Today, is one of the greatest day in Indian Beyblade's history!!
AdityaTheBlader
ashton pinto
christophermk
Dayrider
gameboysuperman
Janstarblast

Also, I agree with Janstarblast's statement out there. No matter how much your urge may be, please co-operate.
so the Tourney is Over!!! We had much fun and it was very tough tourney! I m much tired Pinching_eyes

So here are the results:-
1. Nemo (Earth Bull ED145WD , Burn Horogium 230ES)
2. ashton pinto (Basalt Aquario BD145MF , Basalt Aquario 230CS)
3. (not registered member) (Hell Kerbecs BD145WD)

I was lost in the second round but I kept my bey spirit high and keep on winning all matches through losers block!! It was very tough till Finals. Dont know exactly how many participants took part.
Anyways had much fun and a Golden Face for me.
Wow congrats to all who placed. Seems like you had a good time Nemo.
(May. 26, 2013  2:16 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Wow congrats to all who placed. Seems like you had a good time Nemo.
Yeah this Beydays is awesome for me. I played 3 tournies and placed in all 3. Anyways Congrats to ashton and the other member too!!
(May. 26, 2013  2:01 PM)Nemo Wrote:
(May. 26, 2013  5:58 AM)zeneo Wrote: Today, is one of the greatest day in Indian Beyblade's history!!
AdityaTheBlader
ashton pinto
christophermk
Dayrider
gameboysuperman
Janstarblast

so the Tourney is Over!!! We had much fun and it was very tough tourney! I m much tired Pinching_eyes

So here are the results:-
1. Nemo (Earth Bull ED145WD , Burn Horogium 230ES)
2. ashton pinto (Basalt Aquario BD145MF)
3. (not registered member) (Hell Kerbecs BD145WD)

I was lost in the second round but I kept my bey spirit high and keep on winning all matches through losers block!! It was very tough till Finals. Dont know exactly how many participants took part.
Anyways had much fun and a Golden Face for me.

Correction-
Ashton used the Basalt BD145MF combo only for the finals.
The Basalt combo works quite well for me. Seeing how this unorthodox combo benefit me, Ashton took a risk of using it in the finals.
Otherwise, he used MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS.

Nemo used the Burn combo for just a single match, I believe...

Also make note of the fact that not a single 4D/Zero-G part was used. Not even Beat and Fang, which were the only two 4D parts allowed for this tourney. So yes, Mumbai bladers displayed some good sportsmanship today. Grin
I Came 4th nemo is good blader but in the next challenge i will beat him

BD145WD
Today was an epic day although i did not place but i enjoyed it
Sorry for posting late...after the event I had gone to attend friend's wedding ceremony! Just arived home now.

So this was really a good event! We had 58 participants but I was excepting a bit more but most of the Landmark registered people didn't show up Unhappy

But as far as management and flow of event is concered, it was very very smooth and according to our plans! Also suppport from Landmark was really appreciable for this event. Even they distributed free gift vouchers when it was not even decided.

So overall the best event organized till now! But im bit sad with the number of participants we had Unhappy

Pegasus78610- dude u were not 4th, Janstarblast came 4th. U got out in somewhat around 2nd-3rd round of loser's bracket
Its been a wonderful day! a lovely tourney... enjoyed the whole tourney....... weird people i met ! strange enough!
i met a decent uncle, he was very polite and stuff.... gave him some suggestions about beyblades, brands, which he surely liked.... haha i have a lot of stuff to tell, but sorry guys a bit busy.
i will post a few pics which i took at the tournament, i will think about the video footage i took.... it takes a lot of time to get uploaded so ... haha
What was the first prize at this tournament
There seems to be a lot of confusion about who came 4th.
I hoped you enjoyed your friend's wedding ceremony nik Tongue_out
Smashing all records like a pro, eh? 58 participants!!!!
Although I expected more.
Ashton, I would love to know what weird things happened with you, hah.
I never thought Earth Bull ED145 WD would place.
The day before the Pune tournament, nik was completely killing that combo with Lightning Tank...!!
But I guess everyone played safe with Stamina combo.
Anyone used Galaxy Pegasis? XD
(May. 27, 2013  5:23 AM)zeneo Wrote: There seems to be a lot of confusion about who came 4th.
The day before the Pune tournament, nik was completely killing that combo with Lightning Tank...!!

Therez no confusion at all....everyone knows Janstarblast was in the finals of loser bracket so he is placed 4th.

And yeah 58 is somewhat less because there were 46 participants registered with Landmark but only 13 showed up....also our well know bladers gameboysuperman, AdityaTheBlader did not come Unhappy

And yes there was not a single participant using attack type(except phantom_gt, but he lost after 2-3 rounds)....but one of the kid was using galaxy pegasis with some stamina tip!
(May. 27, 2013  5:23 AM)zeneo Wrote: There seems to be a lot of confusion about who came 4th.

(May. 26, 2013  5:15 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Correction-
Ashton used the Basalt BD145MF combo only for the finals.
The Basalt combo works quite well for me. Seeing how this unorthodox combo benefit me, Ashton took a risk of using it in the finals.
Otherwise, he used MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS.
ah, there you go.... anthony , i did not lose any round, and if i would place 1st those guys who i call foolish would think i am cheating, they commented that my bey is not attacking, dam... i told many of them i am using a balance defense/stamina combo.. not an attack type... therefore its not attacking..
so at the finals i tried to use basalt attack combo..
EDIT: this was a reply to zeneos post
Yes i use galaxy pegasus
(May. 27, 2013  9:27 AM)Pegasus78610 Wrote: Yes i use galaxy pegasus
O so u wer D guy using galaxy pegasus awsum bro Eee
(May. 27, 2013  5:45 AM)nik1392 Wrote: Therez no confusion at all....everyone knows Janstarblast was in the finals of loser bracket so he is placed 4th.

And yeah 58 is somewhat less because there were 46 participants registered with Landmark but only 13 showed up....also our well know bladers gameboysuperman, AdityaTheBlader did not come Unhappy

And yes there was not a single participant using attack type(except phantom_gt, but he lost after 2-3 rounds)....but one of the kid was using galaxy pegasis with some stamina tip!

Correction , I Used Attack Combos in all my battles! and maybe i placed 5th
Meteo L Drago ____ MF isn't exactly an Attack combo. Meteo cannot Attack.
It was similar to the famous MLD CH120XF, but a lot worse in practice. The Spin Steal won you matches, haha!
(May. 27, 2013  10:58 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Meteo L Drago ____ MF isn't exactly an Attack combo. Meteo cannot Attack.
It was similar to the famous MLD CH120XF, but a lot worse in practice. The Spin Steal won you matches, haha!

Actually i used MF-L Storm striker 105 MF in my first two matches... Then Ashton recommended me to use meteo ldrago LW105 MF.. so thats that.
This tournament was awesome ! there wer many new bladers even uncles wer playing and also i made few friends der! Eee
Why did nobody use Basalt BD145 CS and Lightning L-Drago BD145 LRF?

Sounds like a great tourney overall, though. Congrats to Nemo and Ashton pinto.
Well, nobody had LRF.
However, LLD BD145RF/R2F was used. So was Basalt BD145CS. The former was underused, while the latter was not quite successful...