[Mumbai,India] 29/10/11 - Diwali Beyblast

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name-Diwali Beyblast

Date- 29th October(time mostly from 9 onwards...polls for it)

Venue- Sanjay Gandhi National Park
We are supposed to gather at location 'B' in the map.
Here is a zoomed image of Borivali east
[Image: NationalPark.png]

Confirmed participants-
Janstarblast(Co-host)
SAM10795
nik1392
ashton pinto
nickien
pran1895
aditya11 He will not be able to come due to guests at his home
samith3shetty
NitroNeo
samkul238

Unconfirmed:
God of War

Format: Round Robin. (MFB format)

Entry fee: $5 which is around Rs. 246. and $10 for passport which is almost Rs. 492.

The national park has an entry fee of around rs. 30 as well and although we wont be going to deep in it I want you all to have 200 rs. extra with you in case of emergency. It will be better if you get your cell phones.

So we finally got a tourney for Mumbai. Grin
Since I am not a Mumbaikar and neither live very close to the venue Janstarblast will be the co-host for the tourney.
I will try to get it done before 14:00 so that we can have lunch after the tourney. I hope everyone has breakfast before the tourney.

I am not sure if cameras are allowed in the national park but if they are then please try to bring yours because I may forget. Cameras are allowed, so you can bring yours.

All the confirmed participants will be given my cell number by PM once they post in this thread. I hope all of you have my number by now.

I hope we make this tourney memorable.

No prizes are decided yet. We probably will not have a prize but Janstarblast has asked the committee if we can use the fees for the prize. If the committee agrees you will be informed accordingly(but do not be so sure...it is committee's decision.)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: What time can you come for the tourney?

9:00
12.50%
10:00
25.00%
After 12:00
62.50%
Total: 100% 8 vote(s)
I dont think so but in case I get a chance to bring some prizes I'll try...but most probably there wont be any..
(Oct. 27, 2011  7:26 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Finally! I'm so happy you guys could get enough players for Mumbai! Grin So proud of you guys~

Take lots of pictures. Wink

Hallo, Deikailo!
Yes, we will certainly take pics! Most of us will have our cell phones, so we'll keep clicking whenever we feel like!
(Oct. 28, 2011  9:53 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: I dont think so but in case I get a chance to bring some prizes I'll try...but most probably there wont be any..

After collecting the fees..you guys can sort out the prize with the budget you guys got..in that case..you guys will have prizes..just that it is a bit late to receive..lol..haha

btw..good luck guys..have fun... Grin
Thanks Benjo!
Also SAM, you may expect one of my friends in the tourney. He is not a confirmed attendee, just he might come.
He is a WBO member already, so there just might be chances of an eleventh member entering.
EDIT- Oops! Forgot to give his username- God of war.
My sister is not confirmed either...because she wants to see the National Park with my parents instead of beyblading sitting at one place.

EDIT:About the prizes....I dont think I will be able to get any now...because I have spent a lot of money on beys so my parents may not allow me to spend more on prizes ...so in case anyone else will be getting...I have no problem but I dont think anyone else will..
(Oct. 28, 2011  10:31 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: My sister is not confirmed either...because she wants to see the National Park with my parents instead of beyblading sitting at one place.

EDIT:About the prizes....I dont think I will be able to get any now...because I have spent a lot of money on beys so my parents may not allow me to spend more on prizes ...so in case anyone else will be getting...I have no problem but I dont think anyone else will..
you guys can buy the prize later..sort the prize with Kei..he would consider it..
thats the use of the fees as well..you guys wil have some budget for prizes with the fees..

Let us see .. because there will be 3-4 of us who will get passports and since I am too scared to PM the committee it would be better if the co-host(Janstarblast) asks Kei for it...anyways I am almost 150 km away from the venue so even if we get prizes they'll probably be given only during the next tourney
dont scared due..they dont eat you..hahahahhaaha
well..postage works too..since i post some of the prize in my event to the winner once...
or let someone that is not too far old or order the prize..while the rest of balance of the fees can go to WBO..well..firstly..managed well and estimate the budget earlier..
Awesome !
I'm so proud of you people. Seriously, I can't express my happiness for the Indian Community in words.
Good Luck with this tournament Wink
(Oct. 28, 2011  10:39 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: Let us see .. because there will be 3-4 of us who will get passports and since I am too scared to PM the committee it would be better if the co-host(Janstarblast) asks Kei for it...anyways I am almost 150 km away from the venue so even if we get prizes they'll probably be given only during the next tourney

Well, I will certainly ask Kei about this. Smile
I dunno if he'll agree or not, but I'll try.
I'll say Benjo Ben-Ben suggested us to do it! LOL! *joke*
The tournament tomorrow hope you guys are prepared. Just remember to have fun and don't get too serious about your losses especially SAM.
To SAM10795 - If you lose once don't take it to seriously the same thing happened to me and I lost my confidence because of which I lost a two more matches and then I realized how stupid I was. I completely forgot to have fun. So just don't take your losses too seriously.
(Oct. 28, 2011  3:14 PM)BladingSpirit5 Wrote: The tournament tomorrow hope you guys are prepared. Just remember to have fun and don't get too serious about your losses especially SAM.
To SAM10795 - If you lose once don't take it to seriously the same thing happened to me and I lost my confidence because of which I lost a two more matches and then I realized how stupid I was. I completely forgot to have fun. So just don't take your losses too seriously.
I am actually prepared for losing... XD yes I know I shouldnt take losses seriously because the more battles I have I am ought to lose one...just thinking whether I should make this Basalt free or no..because me and Nitro are the only ones with Basalt AFAIK so we may have an unfair advantage if we use it.
finally! at last there is the second tourney of Maharashtra and the 5th tournament in india! we are getting at a higher point now!
Kei Wrote:
Janstarblast Wrote:
Kei Wrote:
Janstarblast Wrote:Hi Kei!
Well, our city has finally got a tourney, and we had a question. I was given the task to ask you about it. We were deciding- Should we have prizes?
Then, we got this suggestion-

(Oct. 28, 2011  10:13 AM)Benjohadi Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2011  9:53 AM)SAM10795 Wrote: I dont think so but in case I get a chance to bring some prizes I'll try...but most probably there wont be any..

After collecting the fees..you guys can sort out the prize with the budget you guys got..in that case..you guys will have prizes..just that it is a bit late to receive..lol..haha

(Oct. 28, 2011  10:36 AM)Benjohadi Wrote: you guys can buy the prize later..sort the prize with Kei..he would consider it..
thats the use of the fees as well..you guys wil have some budget for prizes with the fees..
So, is this allowed?

Hey,

How many people are you expecting at the tournament?

Probably 9-11 members might attend. Smile I was told that at least 3-4 of these are willing to buy passports. Smile

Alright, we can probably reimburse you guys for $35, then. Just make sure to get receipts, as I need to see them before I can reimburse you.

I asked Kei! Here's the whole conversation.
LOL..he aproved..then use the budget wisely.. Grin
get awesome prizes either from local stores or online..XD
wohhhh great man!!!so have u decided about the prizes???i mean which beys and are we going to buy online or from the regular shops???
Regular shops are better , as online shops have shipping fees , also please get a passport , because you will get access to all tourneys across the world for a year [ so think about india only how many tourneys you can attend ] , you can also participate in WBO Face , beyblade lottery giveaways so you can also get a free WBO Profile face or if you are lucky you can get a Bey [ i think they give it to your home free WBO Handles the shipping ] please check though

So i would suggest to most of you get a passport , but it''s your call
Which beys are there for prizes..?
Will u get them tommorow
Does the National park give permission for tourneys?
The last time i went there we played cricket there , people play freezbees , badminton , cricket , football so beyblade should not be a problem , unless they are total loons & think beyblades are real weapons or something

Anyway just to let everyone know , don't bring fireworks or any firecrackers as there are tree's & could cause a fire so do take that in mind for yours & everyone Else's safety
OK everyone! All the Best for the tourney! Also, we must give Kei proof that we bought beyblades. We will have to show him the bills of the things we buy. So make it a point to ask the shopkeeper for a bill. Smile
Is the tournament done yet? It's 14:12 hrs here. If it has finished who wins?
(Oct. 29, 2011  9:37 AM)BladingSpirit5 Wrote: Is the tournament done yet? It's 14:12 hrs here. If it has finished who wins?

even i am eager to know the results!
The tourney is over.
Results-
First place- nik1392
Second place- SAM10795
Third Place- Ashton Pinto

Winning combos-
1st- Earth Eagle 105WD
2nd- VariAres CH120RF
3rd place- Earth Horogium GB145WD

I am not sure of all of the winning combos as I saw most of the parts for the first time. Also, Basalt was officially banned at the start of the tourney.
More info will be added if required! Smile

The tourney was a major success! It was fun to attend the first tourney in Mumbai and I hope everyone enjoyed it! Smile
EDIT- Please do tell us about what prizes you all bought!
Quoted from winning combinations thread:

(Oct. 29, 2011  10:39 AM)nik1392 Wrote: thanks alot jan...!!!Smile
Really it was luck that SAM's bey got self-KOed once....also the main thing to mention is i had used the light launcher with the lock removed....it helped me alot to get more velocity and stamina
removing anything from a launcher is illegal nik1392 shouldn't have won.....
This tournament could actually not get processed...(shouldn't have actuually posted this part oops Tongue_out)
sory guys...it was illegal to use lock removed launcher....realy sorry for that...im not the winnerUnhappy