[Montreal, QC] January 23, 2016 – Burst into 2016

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: R59PGxn.jpg]

Saturday, January 23, 2016
3575 ​boul. Saint-Laurent, Suite #119, ​Montreal, QC, H2X 2T7 (Google Maps)

– BURST FORMAT –

Event starts at 12 PM

For Montreal's first WBO event of 2016, it's time for our first ranked Beyblade Burst tournament! Practice hard and bring your strongest customizations, because the competition will surely be intense!

PRE-ORDER BEYBLADES

I'll be taking pre-orders for any Beyblade Burst items up until December 25th, so if there are any products you want, send me a private message!
  • You will be required to PayPal me the retail cost of the item.
  • You will be billed for shipping once the package ships to me.
  • I won't make any money from this – it's just a service to make it easier for you to get Beyblades!
  • P.S. You can also order WBO t-shirts and pick them up at the event, too!

ENTRY FEES
  • FREE with Blader Passport – purchase a Blader Passport on-site for $20 CAD [Image: passport_face.png]
  • $6 CAD one-time admission on-site

1st Prize:
2nd Prize:
3rd Prize:
[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

This tournament is part of the Awakening Amaterios campaign! Whoever wins the most consecutive matches in this tournament will receive an exclusive Face, the Shard of Amaterios! Collect 3 Shards of Amaterios to win the legendary Beyblade, Amaterios Aero Assault!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Most of the battles I lost were just mirror matchs against Odin Heavy Defense, and since Kai-V and One-Launch Man have a stronger launch than mine, it was an easy win for both of them.
our battle was a mirror too? I don't remember what you have used.
Odin Heavy Xtreme, if I recall correctly ?

I only used Odin Heavy Defense/Xtreme anyway.
what's your impression on OHX?
I don't feel like Odin have enough attack potential to KO or Burst anything consistently, Spriggan or Valkyrie would perform a lot better IMO.
it may be good to stop Attack type more then used itself as an attack type. its more an aggressive defense type.

on my side I'm a little disapointed about Blow. I think it could be more aggressive and more stable. could be a possibility for aggressive defense type but not so usefull in attack in my opinion. I have to do more test to have a better idea and get a good opinion on that part.
So who placed?
Kai-V in first place, Valentintheboss in second, and loyd87 in third.
yeah I let it go at the end. boring mirror fight. but after the tournament I tested my new Deathscyther on spread and survive against OHD and I think its a better match up. I forgot to try Spriggan Heavy(force) Survive. I think one of your brothers used it against Kai-V and just burst OHD badly.

pretty interesting tournament and make some controversy in the combination system. like we compared our 3 OHD performance.

Probably the next Burst event will be more unexpected and crazy then this one. The game level up quickly and strongly.
There is definitely something weird about what made me win in the end :
- sure, a stronger launch - I have really improved recently hah;
- the red BeyLauncher seemed more powerful compared to the blue, according to One-Launch Man;
- my Defense (dark green from B-04 Starter Kerbeus Central Defense) seemed more stable than the lighter versions according to some Bladers.

All in all, weird, but cool, but then I saw how Odin Heavy Defense had also been mirror-used in London today and in Japan also technically today, and now I am not so happy about winning for some reason, the state of the metagame is too depressing right now hah.
it demonstrate that you got the launch to get placed hah
Congrats you guys anyways Tongue_out

Did you guys all plan to use the combo or was it just testing that coincedently led you all to it?
it was the go to combo I think. every battle was a secret fight hah!

edit:

Not sure how it works but I hope I do enough well to get the Shard of Amaterios Grin I hope my lost isn't break my straight to fast hah.
Oh damn, that is true, I was not looking for consecutive wins hah. Since you only had one loss in the Round Robin, hopefully it was either at the end or at the beginning and you do get the Shard of Amaterios.
I think is around the middle. if it is i'm screwed hah!
My blond roots are really making me look bald LOL

Great photos, thanks for posting Smile
A nice and Cheerful event you guys got there hah !!!! The Photos are really good. I really like the last one. The Style of Launching by BeyBrad and the 8th one the Person who is holding a soft Toy. All looks good Smile
Will you be guys uploading a Video too ?? If yes I would love to watch it !!! I have been following all Canada Events actually a lot.
I hope to see more Happiness and Events in Future !!!
Cheers !!!
Burst.
Whoa, it looks perfect where you guys host tournaments =-O
where brad's working
Awesome! Sorry that I couldn't be there, but I'm glad the event was a success anyways. Smile
(Jan. 25, 2016  7:24 AM)Kei Wrote: Awesome! Sorry that I couldn't be there, but I'm glad the event was a success anyways. Smile

Yeah, it was great! In fact, it seemed like so much fun that I'm hoping to play myself next time Smile
Anyone of you have an extra Central shiny like a new one from Odin because I just check out my stuff and it missing my new Central from my last tournament prize. Just PM me if you get it and we will see how I can get back my part! THX!
(Jan. 24, 2016  1:38 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: Kai-V in first place, Valentintheboss in second, and loyd87 in third.