[Montréal, Québec, Canada] 7/25/15 Plastic Tactic TIME CHANGE

on
Hosted by
  Kai-V
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Date : Saturday, July 25th, 2015

Location : Parc La Fontaine, 3933 Avenue du Parc la Fontaine, Montréal, QC H2L 1M3
We meet at the corner of Rachel Est and rue du Parc La Fontaine even if you kow about our first tournament spot, just to make sure we have enough people and that we all go to the same place.

Time : We will start shortly after 12 PM, once registration is done, and will do everything we can to finish before 5 PM for sure.

Format : Plastic

Entry Fee: $6 CAD, Blader Passports are $12 CAD, but those who already have a valid Blader Passport get in for free!

Prizes : Random plastic Beyblades given away randomly, since we do not all have access to good plastics, or our order has not arrived yet, etc. Plus, loyd87 will have his traditional random giveaway!

Confirmed
Kai-V
MissingNo.
TheGalaxyKing
Doby
loyd87
Krustyburger85
D!CE
Sun
Roy
Bey Brad

Possible
SilverFang13666

I hope you know about Psycho-Pass, otherwise the banner just seems weird to you hah.

This may just be my first plastic format tournametn as well, so I look forward to being totally destabilised, as long as everyone else has fun hah. Hopefully it does not rain, either ...

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Plastics were well remembered today, I think. Here is the top three :

1. Sun
2. MissingNo.
3. Kai-V

Congratulations to everybody and thank you again for coming. I will really try to put the video for this tournament together soon unlike November's event, hah.

I think the overall feedback for Burst was positive ?

@[Sun] I totally forgot to ask you for your winning combinations. Could you send them to me by private message as soon as possible ?
i'm disappointed in you, tamer brad
(Jul. 25, 2015  10:03 PM)Kei Wrote: i'm disappointed in you, tamer brad

Hey, I think anyone would say I did pretty well considering I used an uncustomized Dragoon G with a broken EG and a standard winder for all but two matches.

[Image: p4W7sDo.jpg]

Speaking of which, Dice or Missingno, I walked away with your Engine Key Unhappy Sorry! I'll give it back to you ASAP.

This tournament was a blast, and trying to recreate the story Beholder once posted — that he saw someone win a tournament with an uncustomized Dragoon G — was very very funny, even if it didn't go so well. Since plastic parts are so scarce, the Beyblades that were played at this tournament were mostly utterly bizarre, but was glad to see Upper Dragoon and Triple Claw + Defense Grip (flipped tip) make an appearance, along with MissingNo sweeping half of us with the classic 10-balance Bistool.

As much as I had though, I'm ready to leave plastics behind. Seeing so many broken parts and awkward fit issues (clips!) reminded me that the plastics gen was really not thought through as a multi-year franchise. The depth of customization is tempting, though — I hope we'll see Burst evolve to a similar level!
(Jul. 25, 2015  11:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2015  10:03 PM)Kei Wrote: i'm disappointed in you, tamer brad

Hey, I think anyone would say I did pretty well considering I used an uncustomized Dragoon G with a broken EG and a standard winder for all but two matches.

Haha, I'm just kidding. Smile If that's what you used, then you probably did pretty well despite those limitations.
Very tough and extremely fun, love plastics! Heres the winning blades;

[Image: IMG_201507h25_152353.jpg]

Btw why is there no actual prizes
It was a really awesome tournament, thanks to everybody !

I just Bistooled everybody today, it's tamer brad's fault. It's his creation.
My Metal Dranzer does intense battle but has 2 wins only. still not playing since 2005 so it's good hah!

Really fun tournament! congrats everyone!
(Jul. 25, 2015  11:22 PM)Sun Wrote: Btw why is there no actual prizes

Because plastic prizes are insanely expensive, and at this low-point in Beyblade activity, pretty much anything is a serious expense concern for an organization like this with extremely little income. If you wanna see more prizes, encourage new people to play Beyblade and purchase Blader Passports, or donate! Smile

Big congrats to you, too! You really earned it today.
Thanks brad. And its so lame how plastics are so expensive, i wish hasbro would just relaunch them, im sure they would get sold out at toysrus, because their amazing. Better them mfb haha
Hopefully there will be a tournament (Standart) by the end of the school break that does not involve from the 14th to the 28th of August XD
(Jul. 27, 2015  12:40 PM)DJ ALPHA Wrote: Hopefully there will be a tournament (Standart) by the end of the school break that does not involve from the 14th to the 28th of August XD

Ah, you had told me you were unavailable until the 23rd last time. What is up with the 28th ? Unfortunately, my next two weekends are rather booked, so I was aiming for a tournament exactly in the later portion of August.
I think its a good time at the end of August. I'm much more busy earlier in the month.
(Jul. 27, 2015  2:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2015  12:40 PM)DJ ALPHA Wrote: Hopefully there will be a tournament (Standart) by the end of the school break that does not involve from the 14th to the 28th of August XD

Ah, you had told me you were unavailable until the 23rd last time. What is up with the 28th ? Unfortunately, my next two weekends are rather booked, so I was aiming for a tournament exactly in the later portion of August.
oups..... I have no idea what day i come back from Prince Edouard Island but its between the 23 and 28...... since my first day of school is the last friday of august in the afternoon
first day of school on a friday ... brutal
oh yeah already?! damn so short time for summer hah
Kai-V you upload any videos Tongue_out
Not yet, I have only gotten time this morning to try to send myself the files from my phone but they are too big for email transfer hah. I will keep trying.

By the way, what stopping Plastics does to your hands :
[Image: 2IeAFqS.jpg]
Connect your phone to PC and transfer. Plastics are for real, lol im watching this now

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1jdBKvZfcY [/video]
(Jul. 29, 2015  4:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, what stopping Plastics does to your hands :

The same thing happened to my ring finger; Driger G is just brutal haha.
Metal Dranzer too i had a "X" mark in my hand for 2 days Uncertain
(Jul. 29, 2015  4:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Not yet, I have only gotten time this morning to try to send myself the files from my phone but they are too big for email transfer hah. I will keep trying.

By the way, what stopping Plastics does to your hands :
[Image: 2IeAFqS.jpg]

next time (if u have one) try a camera.... hah
Kai-V did you need a USB Cable to transfer your stuff?
No no, I was able to transfer the videos in the end. I am working on my cosplay non-stop this weekend though. Is anybody going to Otakuthon next weekend hah ?
something related with beyblade at Otakuthon?!
Oh no, I tried organising a tournament one year in Otakuthon, but I think I would need a contact directly in the administration. Plus, it would be too last-minute.