Minoboros Discussion

Equipment
  • B-08 BeyStadium
  • Blue BeyLauncher

Procedure
  • In cases of 20 rounds, Beyblades that were launched in the first 10 rounds were alternated in the second half.
  • Attack types were launched using the banking method.

Stamina
Minoboros Heavy Defense vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Minoboros: 4 (2 OS, 2 Burst)
Odin: 16 (15 OS, 1 Burst)
Minoboros win rate: 20%
Detailed results (Click to View)

Observations:
  • Minoboros appears to have strong teeth. It is very stiff when trying to twist the layer onto the driver.
  • In a Stamina situation, Minoboros has too much recoil.
  • Shockingly, the Layer was more balanced than anticipated, considering its anchor-like design.
  • The outspins were close at times, however the majority of wins were not too close, and Odin won by ~5-8 seconds.

Defense:
Minoboros Heavy Survive vs. Valkyrie Heavy Accel
Minoboros: 11 (6 Burst, 2 KO, 3 OS)
Valkyrie: 9 (6 Burst, 2 KO, 1 OS)
Minoboros win rate: 55%

Observations:
  • This was an odd matchup. It appears that Minoboros bursts the other Beyblade instead of resisting their attacks in order to win.
  • There could potentially be a hybrid use for this - I'll try to find one later.

Attack:
Minoboros Central Accel vs. Wyvern Heavy Survive
Minoboros: 5 (5 Burst)
Wyvern: 15 (14 OS, 1 Burst)
Minoboros win rate: 25%

Observations:
  • I was excited to see how well Minoboros fares in an attack-setup, however, I was disappointed from the second match onwards.
  • Its most prominent hits are at the beginning, and needs to hit consecutively in order to burst Wyvern. It however, knocks Wyvern around a lot, just not enough to burst it.
  • It is somewhat easy to maintain a flower pattern with Minoboros, which is essential with this layer as it relies on constant hits.

Minoboros Heavy Accel vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Minoboros: 1 (1 Burst)
Odin: 9 (7 Burst, 3 OS)
Minoboros win rate: 10%

Observations:
  • Minoboros bursts itself after failing to burst the other Beyblade it would appear, and the maximum Minoboros unclicks Odin is about ~3.

This is all the time I currently have time to test, so further contributions are highly welcome!
Minoboros isn't so good for Attack? Darn!
That's really what I was hoping for; a good strong Attack type layer.
We'll see with more tests if it's worthless or not yet.
Yeah I have found similar results with it, though I have not used it for defense yet, good idea. It seems ok for attack, but it's certainly no Valkyrie. Hopefully you or someone else can find a decent hybrid combo worth using. Thanks for the tests! It has given me some ideas about what I should try next with it
Strong teeth, huh? Could you maybe try Miniboros Central/Heavy/Oval Claw/Blow? I'm thinking if its hard to burst, combined with Blow(or but preferably)Claw's stamina, smaller surface contact and n Claw's case, KO resistance, and add to that the unbalance that Oval or Central have, you can get a Bey that kind of absorbs hits, specifically ones that would Burst it, and instead burst the opponent. Like imagine hitting a large metal pole with a stick, and you get the idea. The pole isn't damaged but the stick is either bent, broken or vibrates violently for a short time. I think this combo could potentially have the same effect on attackers. So yea, if you could try that out, it'd be great!
I dunno if you read the results, but Minoboros actually bursts fairly often.

Central isn't particularly unbalanced, either. The Disk with the poorest balance is probably Heavy. (As for Oval, people need to let it go ...)
Mionorus seems pretty good to me, from like videos I saw that it was able to get some pretty great KOs both late game and in the beginning. And maybe if it's launched hard the burst amounts will go down? IDK, I will have to test that out myself.

Also Brad we really need to ... rip Oval.
Brad, in most of the results, Miniboros either Burst and/or was Bursted(Is that a word?) by an opponent the same amount of times, or it Burst significantly less than the opponent. Also, It primarily burst when used in an attack combo, as its obviously not good at dishing out strong hits without taking the brunt of some of it. The combo I had an idea of is meant to turn this apparent fact on its head by reversing the effect, where Miniboros is the one taking and dealing the damage back instead of trying(and failing) to dish it out.

The OP stated and I quote, "Minoboros appears to have strong teeth. It is very stiff when trying to twist the layer onto the driver." as well as "It appears that Minoboros bursts the other Beyblade instead of resisting their attacks in order to win." My combo was riding specifically off of these observations. Its just a concept but I think it could work.

As for which disk to use, I was basically just going off of which ones were the most unbalanced, based off of my limited observations and with little else to back it up. So, if anyone tests it, heavy prolly is a better idea then.

EDIT: Grammar, my keyboard sucks
Here are some tests I did with Minoboros ____ Quake!

Minoboros Heavy Quake Vs Odin Heavy Defense

Minoboros: Wins 11/20 (8 BF's, 3 OF's, 2.67 Average Click loss)
Odin: Wins 9/20 (2 BF's, 3 OF's, 4 SF's, 3.33 Average Click loss)

Minoboros 55% Win Rate

Minoboros Oval Quake Vs Odin Heavy Defense

Minoboros: Wins 13/20 (12 BF's, 1 OF, 1.81 Average Click loss)
Odin: Wins 7/20 (All SF's, 3.29 Average Click loss)

Minoboros 65% Win Rate

I really feel like Quake has some amazing potential, I just personally have not mastered it to the point where it can hop stall in the middle of the stadium super consistently. (Hop stalling is a new term i came up with because Quake hops in the middle of the stadium which allows it to get some great hits on the opponent layer which is the main reason it is able to win by burst finish since the disk is doing all the bursting work instead of the actual layer). I also think this gives Oval a major potential since the disk is so exposed on this combo due to the constant aerial attacks.

I will be doing more tests to see how it does against attack, stationary defense, and mobile defense (VHA/α, WHC, WHA, and DSA)

Click here for detailed round by round results!
Stock, Minobouros beat OHD 13/20 times? Surprisingly to say the least. Never got those types of results. I'm going to assume your insane launch has something to do with it, lol
Your thoughts on "hop stalling" are super interesting. Will do my best to try it for myself. Thanks for sharing!
(Dec. 18, 2015  11:01 PM)Neo Wrote: Stock, Minobouros beat OHD 13/20 times? Surprisingly to say the least. Never got those types of results. I'm going to assume your insane launch has something to do with it, lol

Well you have to be able to get Quake on top of the other bey or else you wont get the same results as me at all.

[Image: Mug8JfJ.png]

[Image: 8ZnIDRY.png]

those pictures were taken from my video of RHS vs MOQ, just to give you an idea of how these tests went.

This strategy is very efficient because clicks are not lost when you're on top of the other bey attacking, only the bey being attacked looses clicks, so even if the bey doesn't burst from hop stalls it will burst from the last few hits minoboros has to deliver with it's heavy smash layer design, at least that's what i've seen from these tests.
Just to say, before this spreads out and becomes a popular term, I do not know why "stall" is included in "hop stalling". "Hop attack" makes more sense no matter how you look at it.
Liking the new term but "hop stalling" is but one of the techniques Q tips require mastery of. Getting it to circle the ridge helps against attack types, the flower pattern is a must against those who can't be offbalanced by a hop stall and I've a few times managed to get a pendulum strike out of my Basalt combo that wrecks active defense. There are plenty of other possibilities too, Q is highly underrated because of how bad it is solo or without tacticsand training.

EDIT: Ok, not quite what I was thinking of, the MFB equivalent involved launching in a way that caused the bey to hop in place alongside any stamina type in the center, knocking it up and down with each jump to ensure the opponent had atleast as little balance.
(Dec. 19, 2015  2:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Just to say, before this spreads out and becomes a popular term, I do not know why "stall" is included in "hop stalling". "Hop attack" makes more sense no matter how you look at it.

I just decided to call it hop stalling because it doesn't really make significant movements it just kinda hops in one spot, you know what i mean?
Yeah but that's kind of at odds with how we usually use the term "stalling" in Beyblade. Still super interesting.
(Dec. 19, 2015  3:45 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2015  2:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Just to say, before this spreads out and becomes a popular term, I do not know why "stall" is included in "hop stalling". "Hop attack" makes more sense no matter how you look at it.

I just decided to call it hop stalling because it doesn't really make significant movements it just kinda hops in one spot, you know what i mean?

"Stalling" implies limiting physical contact. What you've described is all about Disk-on-Layer contact, so calling it stalling doesn't really make sense.

EDITZ: Ninja'd.
Stalling is what a stamina type does, no? In the horizontal plane, this is no different. The only change is that Quake is vertically active.
Stalling is delaying, hence why we used "Tornado Stalling" to refer to Beyblades that just roamed around the Tornado Ring without making hits. Staying in the middle to deliver falling hits is really not delaying.
Yeah, Hop Attack makes sense, tho hop stalling does sound better lol.

Anyway here is a video i made between MHQ and OHD, please note that this video was made right after i got Quake, so my tests were a lot different compared to the battles in the video, I will be uploading RHS vs MOQ which will better show how the tests went.

Yeah, it definitely seems like a lighter disk will work better with Quake.
Never did I think that Quake could be too useful; but this pretty cool.
High hopes for Minobouros on Xtreme, though.
Your video shows exactly what I dislike about Quake; as soon as it moves away from the center of the stadium it's a slow death.
If the Bey hops, maybe we can put a rough disk underneath a heavy layer. Like ____ Armed Quake.
(Dec. 23, 2015  9:15 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: If the Bey hops, maybe we can put a rough disk underneath a heavy layer. Like ____ Armed Quake.

That could work, considering how light Armed is.
(Dec. 19, 2015  6:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Your video shows exactly what I dislike about Quake; as soon as it moves away from the center of the stadium it's a slow death.

It seems to be unable to retain a flower pattern, so I think it would only work if it's hits while in the centre starts bursting.

I honestly don't have high hopes for Xtreme, I'm assuming by someone's Xtreme driver mod that it's resistance and even lower endurance.
I think anyone expecting Xtreme to disappoint will be ... disappointed. Attack's biggest problem right now is a lack of speed, so I can't imagine how Xtreme won't have a huge impact.