[Michigan, USA] Tournament Discussion

(Sep. 04, 2017  5:02 AM)BurstBuds Wrote: Myself and my son are getting into Beyblade and were hoping there is somewhere to join a tournament of some sort near us in southern Michigan?

My son is also getting into Beyblades we are also located in southern Michigan Jackson County.

(Sep. 04, 2017  5:02 AM)BurstBuds Wrote: Myself and my son are getting into Beyblade and were hoping there is somewhere to join a tournament of some sort near us in southern Michigan?

My son is also getting into Beyblades we are also located in southern Michigan Jackson County.
Looking for bladers in Michigan to form a group to meet up and have active bey meetings where we exchange combos, strategies, trade, and buy/sell bey parts and other accessories! Looking around the Wayne/Washtenaw/Macomb county area!
Wish I could join you but I love all the way up in traverse city area .
I'm really busy at the moment, but I figured I'd add to this thread. Let's see who we have in our state here!

I would like to help organize tournaments in the future. I have a Standard Type Stadium.

(Feb. 20, 2018  11:40 PM)StaminaAttacker Wrote: Looking for bladers in Michigan to form a group to meet up and have active bey meetings where we exchange combos, strategies, trade, and buy/sell bey parts and other accessories! Looking around the Wayne/Washtenaw/Macomb county area!

Would definitely be awesome to have a tournament in that area! We have Youmacon yearly, and that might be a good place to do it, unless we can arrange something sooner.

(Mar. 26, 2018  1:59 PM)Tannershawn Wrote: Wish I could join you but I love all the way up in traverse city area .

That's OK! We're still in the same state and can chat it up. :)
I'm based out of Troy! I also go to almost all of the Michigan conventions so a Youmacon meet up would definitely be cool!
(May. 12, 2018  3:22 AM)chaossilvr Wrote: I'm based out of Troy!  I also go to almost all of the Michigan conventions so a Youmacon meet up would definitely be cool!

Hey there, good to finally see someone posting in here! And welcome to the WBO forum!

Yes, Youmacon would be cool to do. Let's see what we can work out.

What kind of Beyblades do you use? I'm pretty much just Burst and most of my collection is Takara-Tomy.
(May. 12, 2018  3:28 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 12, 2018  3:22 AM)chaossilvr Wrote: I'm based out of Troy!  I also go to almost all of the Michigan conventions so a Youmacon meet up would definitely be cool!

Hey there, good to finally see someone posting in here! And welcome to the WBO forum!

Yes, Youmacon would be cool to do. Let's see what we can work out.

What kind of Beyblades do you use? I'm pretty much just Burst and most of my collection is Takara-Tomy.

Forgive me if my formatting is wrong, I haven't used a forum since I played Ragnarok Online and I was too young to figure it out then so it's a game of catch-up lol.

I'm all Burst!  If I had to give a ratio I'd say I'm now 60/40 TT/Hasbro.  I started buying Hasbro beys about nine months ago and snagged a Wyvron W3 and a Fafnir as my first beys so I think I got off on the right foot (my main is all hasbro, Fafnir/7/Glaive/Atomic) but now I'm getting more of the TT beys.  I bought a lot of the plastic gen reboots they made, most of the god layers and now I'm up to date with all of the Chou Z beys.  I've got three more Random Booster 10's coming in (hoping for a second Sr cuz I messed up some of the stickers on accident as well as Seig for the Atomic driver) and I'm deciding between getting the standard Fafnir or getting the God Customize set and just using that Fafnir plus then having Arc Bahamut and Deep Chaos if I want.  

What do you use?
(May. 12, 2018  3:35 AM)chaossilvr Wrote: Forgive me if my formatting is wrong, I haven't used a forum since I played Ragnarok Online and I was too young to figure it out then so it's a game of catch-up lol.

I'm all Burst!  If I had to give a ratio I'd say I'm now 60/40 TT/Hasbro.  I started buying Hasbro beys about nine months ago and snagged a Wyvron W3 and a Fafnir as my first beys so I think I got off on the right foot (my main is all hasbro, Fafnir/7/Glaive/Atomic) but now I'm getting more of the TT beys.  I bought a lot of the plastic gen reboots they made, most of the god layers and now I'm up to date with all of the Chou Z beys.  I've got three more Random Booster 10's coming in (hoping for a second Sr cuz I messed up some of the stickers on accident as well as Seig for the Atomic driver) and I'm deciding between getting the standard Fafnir or getting the God Customize set and just using that Fafnir plus then having Arc Bahamut and Deep Chaos if I want.  

What do you use?

You're doing just fine! We tend to quote people a lot here since it sends them a notification that someone responded to them. (Something we didn't have on the forums I grew up on.)

Very cool! I ask because the stores around where I'm at are rather bare in the Beyblade aisles from being bought up and I've tried to get some Hasbro folks elsewhere online who worry about not fitting in with a TT crowd to join anyway. (No luck there, apparently.) I figure we can sort out whatever tournaments work out for everybody. WBO has the Standard Format for both TT and Hasbro, and then the Hasbro-only format. Could do some of this and some of that if needed, so no one gets left out.

I guess I can say...I have 80/20 for TT/Hasbro? That seems about right. I really am focusing on TT, but I grabbed some Hasbro because 1) green Fafnir looks amazing and 2) since I ran into those Hasbro-users online, I wanted to be prepared. I see those Hasbro prices keep rising online, too! Buy 'em early, that's all you can do. Saves so much money if you can find them in-store though. But like I said, the aisles here are bare of Switchstrike.

Much of my collection is Cho-Z and God beys, with a few pre-Gods for some parts.

Blue Spriggan Requiem is definitely on my to-get list! Such a beautiful layer there. Trying to be somewhat responsible with my wallet though, haha. So maybe wait a little longer for that buy.
(May. 12, 2018  4:03 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 12, 2018  3:35 AM)chaossilvr Wrote: Forgive me if my formatting is wrong, I haven't used a forum since I played Ragnarok Online and I was too young to figure it out then so it's a game of catch-up lol.

What do you use?

You're doing just fine! We tend to quote people a lot here since it sends them a notification that someone responded to them. (Something we didn't have on the forums I grew up on.)

Very cool! I ask because the stores around where I'm at are rather bare in the Beyblade aisles from being bought up and I've tried to get some Hasbro folks elsewhere online who worry about not fitting in with a TT crowd to join anyway. (No luck there, apparently.) I figure we can sort out whatever tournaments work out for everybody. WBO has the Standard Format for both TT and Hasbro, and then the Hasbro-only format. Could do some of this and some of that if needed, so no one gets left out.

I guess I can say...I have 80/20 for TT/Hasbro? That seems about right. I really am focusing on TT, but I grabbed some Hasbro because 1) green Fafnir looks amazing and 2) since I ran into those Hasbro-users online, I wanted to be prepared. I see those Hasbro prices keep rising online, too! Buy 'em early, that's all you can do. Saves so much money if you can find them in-store though. But like I said, the aisles here are bare of Switchstrike.

Much of my collection is Cho-Z and God beys, with a few pre-Gods for some parts.

Blue Spriggan Requiem is definitely on my to-get list! Such a beautiful layer there. Trying to be somewhat responsible with my wallet though, haha. So maybe wait a little longer for that buy.

All of the Hasbro Beys I bought came from Target (with the exception of the green Fafnir, jinnius and Garuda I got from a Walmart).  Honestly, if I can’t find a hasbro bey in a store I just give up.  Like it was nice finding the hasbro Garuda so I didn’t to have to spend $80 on it but buying Hasbro bey’s online are like the same cost as TT which I prefer.

Also idk about you but I’m in love with the new Cho-Z beys?  Like crash ragnarok has awful teeth but the layer is a cool upgrade to the previous versions and Bloody Longinus is beautiful.  

Bless Amazon Prime and it’s two day shipping lol.
(May. 12, 2018  4:26 AM)chaossilvr Wrote: All of the Hasbro Beys I bought came from Target (with the exception of the green Fafnir, jinnius and Garuda I got from a Walmart).  Honestly, if I can’t find a hasbro bey in a store I just give up.  Like it was nice finding the hasbro Garuda so I didn’t to have to spend $80 on it but buying Hasbro bey’s online are like the same cost as TT which I prefer.

Also idk about you but I’m in love with the new Cho-Z beys?  Like crash ragnarok has awful teeth but the layer is a cool upgrade to the previous versions and Bloody Longinus is beautiful.  

Yeah, my Target is just empty when I go. All the aisles look pretty full until you get to Beyblade, haha. Even Toys"R"Us was the same way, though I only went about a month into the big closing. Still, everywhere else in the store was filled.

I've been busy and unable to play with my beys much lately, so maybe my feelings have been muted, haha. I think I'm more attached to some of the God beys, but I really do like Z Achilles' design (though I would prefer more bronze and less silver) and am excited to see Revive Phoenix in person. And I find myself really excited to stay on top of the info.

You have some good luck with Amazon? A lot of us here shy away because there are cheap eBay sellers who have proven trustworthy and Amazon's only got third parties selling TT. We've been hoping some people would share good Amazon sellers though. Looks like 88powerpig88 may also have an Amazon account, so that'd be one to look for, for sure. But if you're seeing Prime sells, I may have to go take another look there, since those would be fulfilled by Amazon. That feels a bit better.

I've been scammed on Amazon before by a Japanese seller (for a different "toy" product), so I've been wary of that. With eBay, though you have to wait a couple weeks, most beys are around $20.
(May. 12, 2018  3:09 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 12, 2018  4:26 AM)chaossilvr Wrote: All of the Hasbro Beys I bought came from Target (with the exception of the green Fafnir, jinnius and Garuda I got from a Walmart).  Honestly, if I can’t find a hasbro bey in a store I just give up.  Like it was nice finding the hasbro Garuda so I didn’t to have to spend $80 on it but buying Hasbro bey’s online are like the same cost as TT which I prefer.

Yeah, my Target is just empty when I go. All the aisles look pretty full until you get to Beyblade, haha. Even Toys"R"Us was the same way, though I only went about a month into the big closing. Still, everywhere else in the store was filled.

I've been busy and unable to play with my beys much lately, so maybe my feelings have been muted, haha. I think I'm more attached to some of the God beys, but I really do like Z Achilles' design (though I would prefer more bronze and less silver) and am excited to see Revive Phoenix in person. And I find myself really excited to stay on top of the info.

You have some good luck with Amazon? A lot of us here shy away because there are cheap eBay sellers who have proven trustworthy and Amazon's only got third parties selling TT. We've been hoping some people would share good Amazon sellers though. Looks like 88powerpig88 may also have an Amazon account, so that'd be one to look for, for sure. But if you're seeing Prime sells, I may have to go take another look there, since those would be fulfilled by Amazon. That feels a bit better.

I've been scammed on Amazon before by a Japanese seller (for a different "toy" product), so I've been wary of that. With eBay, though you have to wait a couple weeks, most beys are around $20.

Samurai Shop is a really good Amazon seller.  Usually if it lists Takara-Tomy above the product name or if in the questions they say it's legit then I trust it.  I've yet to get a fake one so far!  Depending on the demand for the product, I've found the prices to be pretty fair.  Sr was like $35 I believe, I got Nightmare Longinus, Seig, and Legend Spriggen for under $100 combined a few months ago, etc.  I got the black Driger and gold Dragoon for like $40 as well.  I think the only non-prime bey's I've bought have been the Cho-Z ones but that's because I ordered them as soon as they were put up so there wasn't a prime option.  They're also like $10 more at that time so I've now convinced myself to wait for the price drop when Hell Salamander and Revive Phoenix come out lol.
(May. 12, 2018  3:32 PM)chaossilvr Wrote: Samurai Shop is a really good Amazon seller.  Usually if it lists Takara-Tomy above the product name or if in the questions they say it's legit then I trust it.  I've yet to get a fake one so far!  Depending on the demand for the product, I've found the prices to be pretty fair.  Sr was like $35 I believe, I got Nightmare Longinus, Seig, and Legend Spriggen for under $100 combined a few months ago, etc.  I got the black Driger and gold Dragoon for like $40 as well.  I think the only non-prime bey's I've bought have been the Cho-Z ones but that's because I ordered them as soon as they were put up so there wasn't a prime option.  They're also like $10 more at that time so I've now convinced myself to wait for the price drop when Hell Salamander and Revive Phoenix come out lol.

Good to know, good to know!

Yeah, doesn't sound too bad. The eBay sellers from Hong Kong and South Korea can have some really good deals, but yeah, you pay the price of waiting about 2 weeks.

Same thing happens with Cho-Z Beyblades on eBay. You can get them from Japan for like $30-35, but the Hong Kong sellers will get them within a few days and sell them for about $10 cheaper. pvccard.expert and skyliners2012 are good to look at for that, and they seem to compete a bit for lowest price, haha.

Right now, everyone's trying to find a good seller for the Standard Type stadiums. None of the trusted sellers on eBay seem to want to touch them, probably because their size makes them more expensive to ship. Even buying from a middleman service at the best price puts them at about $40.

Have a discussion on that over here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Answere...diums-from
(May. 12, 2018  5:32 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 12, 2018  3:32 PM)chaossilvr Wrote: Samurai Shop is a really good Amazon seller.  Usually if it lists Takara-Tomy above the product name or if in the questions they say it's legit then I trust it.  I've yet to get a fake one so far!  Depending on the demand for the product, I've found the prices to be pretty fair.  Sr was like $35 I believe, I got Nightmare Longinus, Seig, and Legend Spriggen for under $100 combined a few months ago, etc.  I got the black Driger and gold Dragoon for like $40 as well.  I think the only non-prime bey's I've bought have been the Cho-Z ones but that's because I ordered them as soon as they were put up so there wasn't a prime option.  They're also like $10 more at that time so I've now convinced myself to wait for the price drop when Hell Salamander and Revive Phoenix come out lol.

Good to know, good to know!

Yeah, doesn't sound too bad. The eBay sellers from Hong Kong and South Korea can have some really good deals, but yeah, you pay the price of waiting about 2 weeks.

Same thing happens with Cho-Z Beyblades on eBay. You can get them from Japan for like $30-35, but the Hong Kong sellers will get them within a few days and sell them for about $10 cheaper. pvccard.expert and skyliners2012 are good to look at for that, and they seem to compete a bit for lowest price, haha.

I'll definitely have to scour eBay for some deals then.  I love the recolored TT Fafnir's but I don't really want to spend $200 on a bey right now lol.  Ones like that are only on eBay. Now all we need to do is find more people in the metro-detroit area who can meet up and talk about these things!
(May. 12, 2018  5:38 PM)chaossilvr Wrote: I'll definitely have to scour eBay for some deals then.  I love the recolored TT Fafnir's but I don't really want to spend $200 on a bey right now lol.  Ones like that are only on eBay. Now all we need to do is find more people in the metro-detroit area who can meet up and talk about these things!

Yeah, I don't think the rare recolors are worth it, not ones I've seen yet anyway.

Yes, we just have to get some more. At least 4 are needed for trying to start one, with it only being an official tournament if you have at least 8. (There's a special club format done with 4-7 people, and no points for that). But I feel like starting something would make a difference. Get that listing in the tournament sidebar, and we see what it draws from there.
(May. 12, 2018  10:27 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 12, 2018  5:38 PM)chaossilvr Wrote: I'll definitely have to scour eBay for some deals then.  I love the recolored TT Fafnir's but I don't really want to spend $200 on a bey right now lol.  Ones like that are only on eBay. Now all we need to do is find more people in the metro-detroit area who can meet up and talk about these things!

Yeah, I don't think the rare recolors are worth it, not ones I've seen yet anyway.

Yes, we just have to get some more. At least 4 are needed for trying to start one, with it only being an official tournament if you have at least 8. (There's a special club format done with 4-7 people, and no points for that). But I feel like starting something would make a difference. Get that listing in the tournament sidebar, and we see what it draws from there.

So we need four people to be able to request for it to be added to the sidebar?  Hm...I'll see if I can find anyone who would like to join, even if I have to lend them some beys.  Hopefully more people see this thread and comment on it!
(May. 13, 2018  1:34 AM)chaossilvr Wrote: So we need four people to be able to request for it to be added to the sidebar?  Hm...I'll see if I can find anyone who would like to join, even if I have to lend them some beys.  Hopefully more people see this thread and comment on it!

Yup. Even just to become an organizer, you have to have to have enough people to run at least a club format event (but be open to run a bigger tournament if enough happen to show up). Can't become one unless you have an actual event planned.

All participating bladers need an account here. And then, if it's an actually ranked tournament (8+ people) then there's a small entrance fee ($5). All participants get at least 1 credit/point and this can be redeemed for prizes over time. Big list here.

It looks like the winner of the club format gets 1 credit, I'm seeing now? Interesting. But yeah, you can read all about how the tournaments work over here. There's the Organizer's Guide and the Burst Format Rules. And you can get an idea of how things are set up by looking at the tournaments that are going, like this one for New York.

The thing is, you need at least one person to take the quiz to be an organizer to run it. And to be an organizer, you already have to have a plan for a tournament and grading turnaround time seems to be a bit slow at the moment. So might be a little tricky with getting the first official one going, depending on if that turnaround is fixed or not. But you know, getting someone passing would be a good step regardless.

From what I can tell, Michigan used to have a pretty good sized WBO community during Metal Fight. So yeah, I think we can do it again. If we can get some tournament-running practice in prior to doing something huge like Youmacon, that would probably be good. And there's a big community in Toronto, and maybe for Youma some would be by this way or come down to help out.
Unfortunately I live in Las Vegas so I can't go against you but I would love to battle if your ever in vegas
Hey @[chaossilvr] check this out!

It's rather short notice, but maybe we can work something out?

(May. 15, 2018  3:34 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: It's that time of year again! BeyDays is back once again, and this year you're in for a treat!

We're repeating our popular double-weekend format, so you have no excuses for being too busy to attend an event!

As with previous years, each region may only organise BeyDays events during one of the two weekends. Events held on the other weekend will not be counted towards any of our BeyDays festivities! Sorry!

But the main question is, which areas are participating in this year's BeyDays festivities? Without further ado...

– Saturday 26th May –
[Image: ca.png] - Beyblade North 2018 (Burst) at Anime North in Toronto, ON
[Image: gb.png] - Beyblade Prime 2018 at Regents Park in London, UK

– Sunday 27th May –
[Image: in.png] - Rivals Forever at Mahavir Swami Park in New Delhi, India

– Saturday 2nd June –

– Sunday 3rd June –

Similar to past years, participation in WBO Organised Play events over the weekend will net you a limited edition Bit of Days IX!

If you're in the area and free to join one of these events, be sure to hit the "Join Tournament" button on that tournament's thread! BeyDays events are always a blast, and you'll regret it if you pass up the opportunity to attend!

Don't see your region up there? There's still time! Gather some Bladers and submit a proposal to us! And don't forget...

Waived Credit Limit

As usual, all BeyDays events are exempt from the limit of Credits of 8 per weekend. That way, there's no limit to your dedication to Beyblade!

Waived Entry Fee for Emerging Areas

Any region that has been unable to host a tournament in the last 6 months will see the entry fee waived for its Bladers on this occasion!
(May. 15, 2018  4:03 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Hey @[chaossilvr] check this out!

It's rather short notice, but maybe we can work something out?

(May. 15, 2018  3:34 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: It's that time of year again! BeyDays is back once again, and this year you're in for a treat!

We're repeating our popular double-weekend format, so you have no excuses for being too busy to attend an event!

As with previous years, each region may only organise BeyDays events during one of the two weekends. Events held on the other weekend will not be counted towards any of our BeyDays festivities! Sorry!

But the main question is, which areas are participating in this year's BeyDays festivities? Without further ado...

– Saturday 26th May –
[Image: ca.png] - Beyblade North 2018 (Burst) at Anime North in Toronto, ON
[Image: gb.png] - Beyblade Prime 2018 at Regents Park in London, UK

– Sunday 27th May –
[Image: in.png] - Rivals Forever at Mahavir Swami Park in New Delhi, India

– Saturday 2nd June –

– Sunday 3rd June –

Similar to past years, participation in WBO Organised Play events over the weekend will net you a limited edition Bit of Days IX!

If you're in the area and free to join one of these events, be sure to hit the "Join Tournament" button on that tournament's thread! BeyDays events are always a blast, and you'll regret it if you pass up the opportunity to attend!

Don't see your region up there? There's still time! Gather some Bladers and submit a proposal to us! And don't forget...

Waived Credit Limit

As usual, all BeyDays events are exempt from the limit of Credits of 8 per weekend. That way, there's no limit to your dedication to Beyblade!

Waived Entry Fee for Emerging Areas

Any region that has been unable to host a tournament in the last 6 months will see the entry fee waived for its Bladers on this occasion!

I found out about this just too late, we’re going to colossalcon the week after ?. 
I’m pressuring my girlfriend to get her passport so I can go next year though.  The Canadian fan base seems to be much bigger than here in the US so I want to get out to one of the events in Toronto this summer.
(May. 15, 2018  4:42 AM)chaossilvr Wrote: I found out about this just too late, we’re going to colossalcon the week after ?. 
I’m pressuring my girlfriend to get her passport so I can go next year though.  The Canadian fan base seems to be much bigger than here in the US so I want to get out to one of the events in Toronto this summer.

Well, yes, going to one of these would be something to consider. But I mean, trying to sort out running an event here for this. But it's fine if that doesn't work out either. It is rather short notice--I didn't realize this was a thing, since I'm still fairly new and the announcement juuuuust went up. I guess these happen every year?

They're trying to make it easier to get people up and running for the special weekends, it looks like, so maybe the whole organizing process might go faster. No worrying about fees if we get 8+ people either.
I was wondering if we can have some Michigan tournaments organized I would like to participate, but can't go long distances like going to Toronto.  Driving to Toronto is Over a 5 hour car ride for me.
Hi. I am 13 and my mom has given me permission to try starting up a Beyblade tournament in Michigan. I have been playing Beyblades since I was 4 and I create custom combos. I have a beyblade YouTube channel and would like to get some tournaments going. Let me know if you are interested and if you know anyone else who would be as well.
I'm a Michigan blader as well and would love to attend a tournament in the state
Hey I'm a Mecosta county Michigan bladder and would love to have some tournaments in Michigan.

(Jan. 02, 2019  12:01 AM)Flashc 300 Wrote: Hey I'm a Mecosta county  Michigan bladder and would love to have some tournaments  in Michigan. Also I'm a YouTuber and need more content and love beyblades.
Any Michigan bladers around the Muskegon area? I have yet to get into burst but have a ton of metal fight beyblades!