Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-G Season Review Thread

Poll: What did you think of Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-G?

It was awesome!
37.33%
I enjoyed it.
44.00%
Meh
9.33%
I didn't like it...
6.67%
Don't even let that carp near me...
2.67%
Total: 100% 75 vote(s)
I'll be honest, it's probably my second favorite season of Beyblade so far, after Metal Fight Explosion. Sure, there wasn't any real character development, but I liked the lighter side of it, & how it focused more on battles without the side conflicts. Thought it was a great way to introduce the new characters; hopefully there will be more of a plot if we get a season 2.
(Feb. 21, 2013  5:11 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I'll be honest, it's probably my second favorite season of Beyblade so far, after Metal Fight Explosion. Sure, there wasn't any real character development, but I liked the lighter side of it, & how it focused more on battles without the side conflicts. Thought it was a great way to introduce the new characters; hopefully there will be more of a plot if we get a season 2.

Yah I hope we get a season 2, be a shame to make really neat characters, and throw away the opportunity for some developement.
(Feb. 24, 2013  3:05 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2013  5:11 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I'll be honest, it's probably my second favorite season of Beyblade so far, after Metal Fight Explosion. Sure, there wasn't any real character development, but I liked the lighter side of it, & how it focused more on battles without the side conflicts. Thought it was a great way to introduce the new characters; hopefully there will be more of a plot if we get a season 2.

Yah I hope we get a season 2, be a shame to make really neat characters, and throw away the opportunity for some developement.
Agreed. I think they had to establish the characters first, before they could have any additional conflict. If they have the opportunity to make another season, it has the potential for a lot of character and plot development Smile
We have thirteen more episodes coming up, so we might see some decent content for characters.
Especially if those episodes do not introduce new Beyblades ... There would therefore only be the same characters, no new ones, since that would imply giving them a Beyblade.
I can't imagine that they would. Well, perhaps that Garuda one you mentioned as BBG-28, but I can't imagine there being any more than that.

If there is, hooray; exclusives for Hasbro to give us (If they have the brains to see it as a major selling point).
(Feb. 24, 2013  4:32 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: We have thirteen more episodes coming up, so we might see some decent content for characters.

When was that announced???
(Feb. 24, 2013  1:31 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2013  4:32 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: We have thirteen more episodes coming up, so we might see some decent content for characters.

When Shogun Steel was announced ...
(Feb. 24, 2013  1:40 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2013  1:31 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

When Shogun Steel was announced ...

Oh... I thought that was like an error from nelvana. BUT what if the 13 episodes is just Beywheelz or Beywarriors?
(Feb. 24, 2013  1:43 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Oh... I thought that was like an error from nelvana. BUT what if the 13 episodes is just Beywheelz or Beywarriors?

BeyWheelz episodes are already counted separately, they are not part of the number thirty-nine we got.
Takafumi Adachi did say that they were Zero-G episodes, not BeyWheelz. Though, I see what you mean there.

Just thinking, shouldn't there be fourteen more Zero-G episodes, from 39-52 to make up the gap?
Sakyo was who made Zero-G good. Zero was one of the worst main characters in all of anime history. Zero can't even win a battle without mentioning something about his friends. And let's not forget to mention that like in everyone of his battles, Gingka was always mentioned.
(Mar. 17, 2013  6:42 AM)Samurai Ray Wrote: Sakyo was who made Zero-G good. Zero was one of the worst main characters in all of anime history. Zero can't even win a battle without mentioning something about his friends. And let's not forget to mention that like in everyone of his battles, Gingka was always mentioned.

Ren was worst, I only like her when she does NOT battle, when she does SHE SUCKS and people keep saying shes strong, not a chance at all as she can't beat any official characters and can only beat ameteurs.
I really liked this season....it just was WAY too rushed, because of the fact is was only 15 minutes, Why couldn't B-Daman have a different place for its time, this is the only time I wish Japan was more like America, and not letting a Show being 38 episodes and 12 minutes per episodes....
Ren is the reason i continued wachin
SAYS EVERY OTAKU EVR
Just to bring this up to speed again; anyone else feel that the "Dark Nebula Returns" arc was extremely rushed?
Well, it had to be, given they didn't have many episodes to finish things anymore.

I'm generally disappointed with Zero G, now that it's fully finished.

While I don't think the Daidouji development was unrealistic, I'm kind of hurt they destroyed his previous well-rounded Arc to give him a new and very rushed end.

Generally Zero G started off cool but then seemingly lost track of the plot? Half of the season was just one battle after another, I feel like they cut short on character development a lot this time.
Usually during the fights or before they would reveal more personality and story to their characters and have them grow, this time it was very often solely focussed on the fight, disregarding character building. Seeing I watch Beyblade for plot and characters, less for battles, I felt the season was... lacking.

It wasn't bad but it didn't live up to the potential it had.
From not speaking Korean myself, I found that there was way too much talking from Daidouji during the last, unaired episodes. The new characters, Kareida and Xiao were rather cool, but I often had to skip big scenes because it was just Daidouji talking.

In any case, sure, we do not actually see the background or the childhood of any of these new characters, but perhaps in the last few battles they got we would still have seen more of their personality through what they said in Korean.

The Daidouji robot was just ridiculous.
(Jun. 12, 2013  2:34 PM)AppleBlossoms Wrote: Well, it had to be, given they didn't have many episodes to finish things anymore.

I'm generally disappointed with Zero G, now that it's fully finished.

While I don't think the Daidouji development was unrealistic, I'm kind of hurt they destroyed his previous well-rounded Arc to give him a new and very rushed end.

Generally Zero G started off cool but then seemingly lost track of the plot? Half of the season was just one battle after another, I feel like they cut short on character development a lot this time.
Usually during the fights or before they would reveal more personality and story to their characters and have them grow, this time it was very often solely focussed on the fight, disregarding character building. Seeing I watch Beyblade for plot and characters, less for battles, I felt the season was... lacking.

It wasn't bad but it didn't live up to the potential it had.

You seem to have completely ignored what Kai-V has said in the past few months. Korea only only just "finished" Zero G in Korea and now they are onto the lost episodes. As such there is still like a 50% - 75% chance they'll make a second season.
(Jun. 12, 2013  3:02 PM)Ultra Wrote: You seem to have completely ignored what Kai-V has said in the past few months. Korea only only just "finished" Zero G in Korea and now they are onto the lost episodes. As such there is still like a 50% - 75% chance they'll make a second season.

The final 'lost episode' aired yesterday.

And even if there was a second season that wouldn't make up for the lack of character development in season one (it doesn't look like we're getting a second season though but rather some side new series that have been announced).
I only skimmed his post so I was only trying to show him that Zero G might not be over. I'm perfectly aware the character development was poor. That was one of the few things I disliked about zero g tbh. I was quite annoyed by the fact that Kaito's reviser didn't get a special move like Shinobu's Saramanda did.
I know you'll think it's useless anyway but couldn't they have put effort on Crystal Up mode because they so far haven't done that (as in they never use it).
(Jun. 12, 2013  9:35 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: I know you'll think it's useless anyway but couldn't they have put effort on Crystal Up mode because they so far haven't done that (as in they never use it).

Obviously the 'shinka' of the series was never going to be the Crystal Up Mode, plus it is better for TAKARA-TOMY if people purchase more Beyblades overall to create Synchrom combinations, therefore it was clear that we were moving towards that.
What I really liked is that they brought back the holy bit beasts. Dragoon-Dark Knight Dragooon. Kai Hiawtari-Kareida Dranzer-Gaurdian Garudas. Rei Kon-Xiao Driger-Berserker Tiger. Max-Genjuro Draciel-Genbull. Daichi-Spike(a little bit).

LIST OF DNA BLADERS AND BEYS
Yoshio Awayama-Bandid Goreim/Begirados Goreim
Kira Hayama-Berserker Begirados/Gladiator Bahamdia
Genjuro Kamekaki-Bandid Genbull
Spike Bourne-Thief Girago
Captain Arrow-Archer Wyvang
Xiao-Berserker Tiger
Kareida-Gaurdian Garudas
Doji-?/Mecha[/b]
No, Dragoon is apparently incarnated by Wyvang, and Takao inspired Captain Arrow's design.