Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything you need to know!

Also, Annie, I echo your sentiment the plastic packaging is really bad for the enviroment, first thing I thought of. Boxes were perfectly fine.

You know I don't nesscarily think everything is looking cheap, but the plastic color choices are ugly. ie. shade of green of the launcher is ugly imo, like wise some "Tracks".
I would hope there is some alt. launcher colors soon.

Kai-V Wrote:
Blue Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:Smaller, heavier, higher rotation, pure metal Wheel/AR.

Is it infact confirmed that they are smaller?
I still do not think so.

hope this is true, but w.e
I'm basing my guess on the assumption that the loop of the MFB winder is roughly equivalent to the 1st gen winder, thus about the size of plastics.
I read it on a report from a Japanese website I did not list in one of my previous posts. The statement said the new beyblades were "slightly smaller" than the HMS blades, and I would think that the reporter either asked a TAKARA-TOMY employee at the Tokyo Toy Festival, or brought a HMS blade with him to compare. There were no pictures.
that pretty much settles it, but Id like to see them bigger.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Possible. In the past series, bearing cores were needlessly large. Much of the space was just wasted.

For example, BearingSG1 could be shortened to the same height as SG flat by using DranzerS casings. That just shows how redundant the usage of space is.

People always seem to forget that TAKARA-TOMY has to keep balance in the game and avoid making parts too perfect. A lower Bearing Core that is not as susceptible to Upper Attack would be too powerful.

Figures that we finally get Beyblade back and all anyone can do is complain about it ...
My meaning is that although the core has gotten smaller, it is still possible to put in a bearing system into the MFB track. Also, by expanding the track, like how RCs were expanded for gimmick specialty series, some kind of mode change system could be implemented. The only thing that I can't see happening is some new kind of EG system.

On the flip side, I can't really think of any totally new concepts that could be used. The old series of beyblade pretty much explored what unique things could be done. But this shows that there can be a wide variety produced for MFB.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Mr. Toto Wrote:Also, how the hell does Takara Tomy let a huge spelling error like "Pegasis" pass? They could have even just checked Wikipedia and it would have been right.

In Japan, wikipedia is in Japanese.

Anyway, more to the point, Japan doesn't really bother with non-Japanese languages. Neither do most non-english speaking countries out there. They DON'T have to put it in proper english. The local target audience wouldn't care.
The Japanese page itself actually has the English spelling literally right next to the Katakana. And even so, if you type it into a search engine, 70% of the websites listed have the correct spelling written in their URL.

Takara Tomy may not bother with putting it into another language, but this is seriously dictionary-level material. A four-year-old could have spelled it correctly just by picking up any Japanese-English dictionary.
Bey Brad Wrote:Figures that we finally get Beyblade back and all anyone can do is complain about it ...

... Are you serious?

We're all pretty hardcore fans here, of course we are going to speculate on things and talk about what we do and don't like.

There are a lot of questionable things Takara has done in the production of MFB and I think everyone has a pretty good basis for being concerned so far. Obviously we can't say anything for sure until we actually get the tops in our hands, but a lot of the information that has come out recently concerning MFB has been pretty disconcerting...
I'm just concerned if they're going to be fun. I don't want stupid blades with bad concepts. So I think about what it maybe will be like. I haven't held any of these blades in my hands, as everyone of us, so my ideas or as you call it complaints, are neither complaints nor euphoria. I'm just interested in what you all think about them so far.
I dunno, I guess I don't see what everyone is so worried about. Pretty much all of these Beyblades look useful (see: Leone) and when you look at the beginning Beyblades of the 4-layer series, I think we're right on track where we should be. Tomy has to leave room for improvement.
This makes me wonder though, a lot of us are 16 years old and older. So, what about tournaments then? Since I don't think they'll let anyone over 18 participate, and for those of us who never got to participate in an official tournament, some of us really want to. Do you think they'll ever open it up for people of any age or so? It'd be creepy (but somewhat interesting) to see a Fifty-year-old enter a tournament.

I don't know. It's just, I'm 17 now, and..I doubt that once Beyblade reaches outside of Japan, that if they have official tournaments here, I'd be able to participate, a long with some of my long-time friends.

Also, I'm saying this because I doubt that with Brad around, and being 19 (correct me if I'm wrong) turning 20 soon, that he'll let this fly, being one of the most known Bladers in the community.

But, if nothing works out, well. I -guess- I can stick with unofficial ones.
I have no interest in playing against children in official tournaments. I could go without participating as long as the tournaments going on were actually good. Our time has passed.

In Japan, they have a 12 and under division and a Free Age division. I'd like to see something like that.
Hmm Brad has it much offical Tournaments in Japan, can you tell me somethin about the japan beyblade game is it also dead like here around ?

I really look to search any information about the japanish game but don't find anything.....
It's dead there right now. It's been dead since 2004.
Bey Brad Wrote:I have no interest in playing against children in official tournaments. I could go without participating as long as the tournaments going on were actually good. Our time has passed.

In Japan, they have a 12 and under division and a Free Age division. I'd like to see something like that.

This is pretty much how I feel.

I have absolutely no desire to compete in official sanctioned tournaments. The majority of participants will be children, and there's not much fun in that. I'll be sticking to just playing with relatives and friends.

If hasbro gets a hold of Beyblade again, then there's almost no chance of a Free Age division.
Well, true..I mean, I wouldn't want to play against children either, but at least 14+ or so. I would like a Free Age division, I was thinking a long the lines that if anything, they could do a 6 - 13 division, then a free age. It's just--I want something at least.

Though I agree, if Hasbro has anything to do with it, then there isn't any hope.
Bey Brad Wrote:http://www.c-player.com/ac43609/thread/1100069645577

You can see the MFB arcade machine.
I just found out how that machine worked :

One yellow beyblade (Cheiron/Sagittario ?) is somehow stuck to one place on the red bottom of the stadium while still spinning. This red circle can be rotated. Event attendants can then launch another beyblade (Pegasus was used on one picture) into the stadium and fight Cheiron.
The Beypointer is used to record your victories and losses. By playing, you also gain points and once you reach a certain amount of points, I think you could win Beyblade parts.
wow that's retarded, i hope they're not all like that
So--essentially it's just about trying to beat an immobile opponent?
when this is all then hmm then i'm surprised i think it would be great that the red circle can go higher and down when push the buttons or something else but so it's not that thing that i think...
Synesthesia Wrote:If hasbro gets a hold of Beyblade again, then there's almost no chance of a Free Age division.

Well, it does depend on which division Hasbro would put this line in. If they were to put Beyblade with their other hobby shop stuff, like The Eye Of Judgement, and Magic(ie. If Hasbro gave it to Wizards Of The Coast) then I would say that there would be a good chance of no age restrictions, or seperate divisions. But considering all Wizards have ever done, has been TCG, I doubt Hasbro would give them Beyblade.

And really, if MFB is going to be released internationally. It's probably going to be by Hasbro. Takara-Tomy, even when they were seperate companies, almost exclusively distributed their products internationally by Hasbro. Mattel isn't going to touch Hasbro's left overs, and I wouldn't trust smaller companies like SpinMasters, or Jakk's Pacific.
I can almost guarantee you that if "Wizards Of The Coast" got a hold of the Beyblade toy line that they would most definitely try to expand it to older audiences since allot of older people shop at their stores and it would benefit the company's profits, i can also see them trying to add more strategy to the game and trying to make it more complex and thought provoking like most of their other games. On a side note since the launch pointer is now confirmed to be a score keeper to an arcade game and they are going to include one inside of each and every starter pack then maybe they are gearing the series as a whole towards arcades Chocked?
I really need to put an end to this pipe dream that Beyblade has appeal with older audiences.

Get over it: we are playing a spinning top game and most teenagers or adults couldn't care less, and I don't see any reason they shouldn't. The sooner we can acknowledge that this is a kid's hobby, the sooner we can get onto the fact that it is a kid's game that can be enjoyed by anyone of any age, but not necessarily everyone of every age.

Also, the Beypointer is only included in the Pegasis and Bull starters.
Brad is absolutely right, and he shouldn't have had to post that: It's completely obvious.

There is no way that this game will EVER be marketed to older audiences. This game stands to make more money by attracting the younger generation, and doing anything else would be bad marketing.

In fact, that goes for alot of popular hobbies these days. The Yu-Gi-Oh TCG has a crapload of adult players of all ages, and the tournaments are all dominated by adult players; however, the game is still directed towards children because of their impressionability, and spending power.

Just hope that hasbro markets Beyblade as well as Upperdeck and Konami markets Yu-Gi-Oh because if they do, this game won't die for a very long time, and there will be plenty of new products in the future.
Thank you Synesthasia, you said exactly what I was thinking.
Synesthesia Wrote:Brad is absolutely right, and he shouldn't have had to post that: It's completely obvious.

There is no way that this game will EVER be marketed to older audiences. This game stands to make more money by attracting the younger generation, and doing anything else would be bad marketing.
This is exactly what I'm talking about i want Beyblade to be for everyone like "Yu-Gi-Oh" not just for older people that'll just be rediculous, remember i said "expand" not "change". The problem that i have with the marketing of beyblade is that they seem to only cater to the younger audience and leave out the older people, like in the tournaments.
Eh, Hasbro hardly markets anything that doesn't have a movie to tie into. And considering Hasbro has gone on record various times saying the company wants to stay away with fads, and build upon its' exisiting franchises, like GI Joe, Transformers, My Little Pony, etc. so I doubt they'd market this too hard.

That is unless they give it to one of their divisions, like Wizards, who don't shy from the fads. And marketing, look when Wizards had the Pokemon TCG, the commercials were geared towards children, and compeitition play wasn't restricted.

I never was saying Hasbro should market Beyblade for an older audience soley. Because that is stupid, it's like those people who believe that the Beyblade manga, and anime had adult themes, and was a show for teens. It's a lie. I'm just saying that they shouldn't completely ignore their previous fanbase. Hasbro is good with things like that, example, every year they host multiple conventions for their various products. I'm sure kids go to them, but I'm sure the majority are adults.

I have to ask, what kind of retailers were Takara originally marketing Beyblade for? The big chain stores, like Toys'R'Us, or the smaller hobby and conveince/corner shops. I think MFB may be marketed to the smaller retailers. Call me stupid, but a blister package takes less space then a big box that doesn't need to be so big compared to the products actual size, with that in mind, you'd be able to fit more MFB stuff in the same amount of pegs/shelf space than what previously could be done.
Takao Wrote:I have to ask, what kind of retailers were Takara originally marketing Beyblade for? The big chain stores, like Toys'R'Us, or the smaller hobby and conveince/corner shops. I think MFB may be marketed to the smaller retailers. Call me stupid, but a blister package takes less space then a big box that doesn't need to be so big compared to the products actual size, with that in mind, you'd be able to fit more MFB stuff in the same amount of pegs/shelf space than what previously could be done.

I really hate when people pretend to be market analysts, especially in reference to countries they have no clue about ... Tired

As for fads, Beyblade doesn't have to be a fad if they market it better.