Melbourne BeyLunch [Discussion & Planning]

(Sep. 02, 2015  10:53 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  10:45 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  9:16 AM)sucks Wrote: Well I'm ordering some burst beys tonight. But the mfb's I still own are real carp haha. Outclassed and old. So we could do this upcoming weekend but my beys are terrible and many of the tips are worn down Unhappy

Well its not a tournament, just a meet and some fun battles. My MFB aren't exactly top tier either, probably the closest I have is my basalt E230 combo, with my next best still being Lighting L-drago.
True. I don't even know what my best is. I think I lost a bunch of them. I have a hell kerbecs, an earth eagle, virgo, galaxy Pegasus and maybe an l-drago. I have more but that's probably all I have that's worth using. I'll try and cobble together a good combo lol.

Also, we should probably know what to look for when we meet up as it's been a long time since I last saw you, Giraton and I don't know Furyo. Should we share pictures of ourselves or?

I only have a stock Twisted Tempo, stock Flame Byxis and a stock (and rather beat up) Galaxy Pegasus for MFB play, with a single Hasbro light launcher and no Beytool. I came in too late to that generation to keep up, so Burst will be the primary Beys I'll have on me.

As for pictures... I guess it's time I showed my face on the appropriate thread. XD
(Sep. 02, 2015  11:23 AM)Furyo Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  10:53 AM)sucks Wrote: Also, we should probably know what to look for when we meet up as it's been a long time since I last saw you, Giraton and I don't know Furyo. Should we share pictures of ourselves or?

As for pictures... I guess it's time I showed my face on the appropriate thread. XD

Weither I show my face here or not, I can tell you right now I will be wearing all black and a black trilby with one of my two pokemon pins on my chest, I know that much.
(Sep. 02, 2015  10:53 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  10:45 AM)Giraton Wrote: Well its not a tournament, just a meet and some fun battles. My MFB aren't exactly top tier either, probably the closest I have is my basalt E230 combo, with my next best still being Lighting L-drago.
True. I don't even know what my best is. I think I lost a bunch of them. I have a hell kerbecs, an earth eagle, virgo, galaxy Pegasus and maybe an l-drago. I have more but that's probably all I have that's worth using. I'll try and cobble together a good combo lol.

Also, we should probably know what to look for when we meet up as it's been a long time since I last saw you, Giraton and I don't know Furyo. Should we share pictures of ourselves or?

I only have a stock Twisted Tempo, stock Flame Byxis and a stock (and rather beat up) Galaxy Pegasus for MFB play, with a single Hasbro light launcher and no Beytool. I came in too late to that generation to keep up, so Burst will be the primary Beys I'll have on me.

Yeah haha. Should we do it here (as being part of the organisation of beylunch) or somewhere else?
(Sep. 02, 2015  12:08 PM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  10:53 AM)sucks Wrote: True. I don't even know what my best is. I think I lost a bunch of them. I have a hell kerbecs, an earth eagle, virgo, galaxy Pegasus and maybe an l-drago. I have more but that's probably all I have that's worth using. I'll try and cobble together a good combo lol.

Yeah haha. Should we do it here (as being part of the organisation of beylunch) or somewhere else?

PM might be best, that or we could add each others facebook should we all have it, down to you guys.
(Sep. 02, 2015  12:36 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  12:08 PM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  11:23 AM)Furyo Wrote: I only have a stock Twisted Tempo, stock Flame Byxis and a stock (and rather beat up) Galaxy Pegasus for MFB play, with a single Hasbro light launcher and no Beytool. I came in too late to that generation to keep up, so Burst will be the primary Beys I'll have on me.

PM might be best, that or we could add each others facebook should we all have it, down to you guys.
I'll just pm you guys. It's easier.

Maybe we should meet at melbourne central and then go to a park from there?
(Sep. 03, 2015  7:11 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  12:36 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  12:08 PM)sucks Wrote: Yeah haha. Should we do it here (as being part of the organisation of beylunch) or somewhere else?

I'll just pm you guys. It's easier.

Maybe we should meet at melbourne central and then go to a park from there?

ORA! ORA!! PMs sent.

Definitely. Just to be sure, this Sunday? Or the 20th?
(Sep. 03, 2015  4:21 PM)Furyo Wrote: Definitely. Just to be sure, this Sunday? Or the 20th?

I can do this Sunday. Sucks?

EDIT: Oh must point out that I have yet to receive my burst beyblade, so unless I get that today I won't have it by Sunday.
(Sep. 03, 2015  11:41 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2015  4:21 PM)Furyo Wrote: Definitely. Just to be sure, this Sunday? Or the 20th?

EDIT: Oh must point out that I have yet to receive my burst beyblade, so unless I get that today I won't have it by Sunday.

Since the chances of that are very slim (good ol' Aussie post!), let's play by ear. If it's no-show, save it for the 20th. That way, Sucks will have his Burst beys as well.
(Sep. 04, 2015  12:41 AM)Furyo Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2015  11:41 PM)Giraton Wrote:

Since the chances of that are very slim (good ol' Aussie post!), let's play by ear. If it's no-show, save it for the 20th. That way, Sucks will have his Burst beys as well.
I don't mind if it's the 20th or if it's this sunday really. I mean, surely this won't be a one off thing right?
(Sep. 04, 2015  6:55 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2015  12:41 AM)Furyo Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2015  11:41 PM)Giraton Wrote: I can do this Sunday. Sucks?

I don't mind if it's the 20th or if it's this sunday really. I mean, surely this won't be a one off thing right?

As long as we don't get in a fist fight or get in trouble with the authorities, this will not be a one time thing. I very much doubt we will get in trouble, so I very much doubt it will be a one time thing.
(Sep. 04, 2015  7:41 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2015  6:55 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2015  12:41 AM)Furyo Wrote: Since the chances of that are very slim (good ol' Aussie post!), let's play by ear. If it's no-show, save it for the 20th. That way, Sucks will have his Burst beys as well.

As long as we don't get in a fist fight or get in trouble with the authorities, this will not be a one time thing. I very much doubt we will get in trouble, so I very much doubt it will be a one time thing.
Yeah, so I don't mind when it is as I'm free like 99% of the time. You guys can determine it as you seem to have more priorities
(Sep. 04, 2015  12:24 PM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2015  7:41 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2015  6:55 AM)sucks Wrote: I don't mind if it's the 20th or if it's this sunday really. I mean, surely this won't be a one off thing right?

Yeah, so I don't mind when it is as I'm free like 99% of the time. You guys can determine it as you seem to have more priorities

Adult life, yo.
(Sep. 04, 2015  1:18 PM)Furyo Wrote: Adult life, yo.

I know, right. Just throwing in my weight here - but I won't be available until the end of November or early December. Poor form, I know, but I figure you might be able to take that into account for future stuff. Am currently out bush. Bad internet.
(Sep. 05, 2015  3:03 AM)Beylon Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2015  1:18 PM)Furyo Wrote: Adult life, yo.

I know, right. Just throwing in my weight here - but I won't be available until the end of November or early December. Poor form, I know, but I figure you might be able to take that into account for future stuff. Am currently out bush. Bad internet.
That's fine. The more the merrier anyway. We will probably be doing this numerous times so just post here when you wanna come.
Well I can't go tomorrow, because I know I wont do my paper round today, and I don't think we are quite yet organised for it yet. In fact I'm not even sure if I have a way to transport my stadiums quite yet outside of bringing a suitcase, and those are quite annoying on trains for both the person using the suitcase and the other passengers that just happen to sit around them
(Sep. 05, 2015  5:33 AM)Giraton Wrote: Well I can't go tomorrow, because I know I wont do my paper round today, and I don't think we are quite yet organised for it yet. In fact I'm not even sure if I have a way to transport my stadiums quite yet outside of bringing a suitcase, and those are quite annoying on trains for both the person using the suitcase and the other passengers that just happen to sit around them
This is true. Well firstly, how many stadiums are we actually going to need?
(Sep. 05, 2015  10:15 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2015  5:33 AM)Giraton Wrote: Well I can't go tomorrow, because I know I wont do my paper round today, and I don't think we are quite yet organised for it yet. In fact I'm not even sure if I have a way to transport my stadiums quite yet outside of bringing a suitcase, and those are quite annoying on trains for both the person using the suitcase and the other passengers that just happen to sit around them

Well I would bring at least my attack stadium, and most likely bring my Burst stadium. In terms of other relevant stadiums I can also bring my Zero-g Attack stadium and my balance stadium, but they are not needed. Still bringing just one is annoying.
(Sep. 05, 2015  2:04 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2015  10:15 AM)sucks Wrote:

Well I would bring at least my attack stadium, and most likely bring my Burst stadium. In terms of other relevant stadiums I can also bring my Zero-g Attack stadium and my balance stadium, but they are not needed. Still bringing just one is annoying.
Well I don't own any zero-g beys so don't worry about that. Really, we only need one mfb stadium and one burst one. So maybe you could bring an mfb one and Furyo could bring a burst one? As for ease of transportation I have no idea
Yeah, I can totally bring my Burst Standard Beystadium. Just need to figure out the whole transportation issue.
(Sep. 06, 2015  3:42 AM)Furyo Wrote: Yeah, I can totally bring my Burst Standard Beystadium. Just need to figure out the whole transportation issue.
Hm I dunno. All I can think of is a case of some sort.
Just letting you guys know, I definitely have next Sunday free. I am good to go. Joyful_3
(Sep. 06, 2015  3:42 AM)Furyo Wrote: Yeah, I can totally bring my Burst Standard Beystadium. Just need to figure out the whole transportation issue.

Just put it in a big tote bag or something?
(Sep. 11, 2015  7:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Just put it in a big tote bag or something?

How did I not think of that. Thanks Brad.

I finally received my Deathscyther, so as long as its not on the weekend of my buddyfight tournament (The 27th) I should be good for weekends and Fridays.
Three days to go, are we all good to go?

Sucks, have your Burst beys shown up? I got my Kerbeus Central Defense in the mail on Monday.
(Sep. 17, 2015  3:03 AM)Furyo Wrote: Three days to go, are we all good to go?

Sucks, have your Burst beys shown up? I got my Kerbeus Central Defense in the mail on Monday.

Wait what? I mean ok but...we never really confirmed that? Well this does mean I have to finish my paper round on Saturday again, but I should be good for Sunday.