Melbourne BeyLunch [Discussion & Planning]

Alright, Aussie Bladers, listen up!

It's time for a casual get together to discuss Beyblade Burst, the WBO and how we're going to revive the sport down under. Let's take the time to decide on where we shall hold this thing and when.

I'm down for anything; letting it rip up in the upstairs area of Swanston or Elizabeth Street McDonalds, somewhere nice and cosy on Fed Square or even on a nice spot in Chinatown! We should look for a place that is safe for our kind of gathering, but also draws the eyes and attentions of potential Bladers. Joyful_3

What do you guys think?
Just so long as there's grass or some other soft surface around I'm fine. I have a big phobia of my beyblades being knocked out and landing on concrete o_0
Yeah, please don't play in restaurants or other places where you could disrupt others or be kicked out lol (of course if you have permission, it's fine)

Nice to see people meeting up just to hang out and play without a tournament being organized, something I hope to see more of!
(Aug. 28, 2015  11:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, please don't play in restaurants or other places where you could disrupt others or be kicked out lol (of course if you have permission, it's fine)

Nice to see people meeting up just to hang out and play without a tournament being organized, something I hope to see more of!

Since I've been back I've noticed you've been far more active here than you used to be, Brad?

And yeah, somewhere outside would probably be nice. So long as the weather is good.
Well, I did rejoin the committee ... Smile
(Aug. 28, 2015  11:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, please don't play in restaurants or other places where you could disrupt others or be kicked out lol (of course if you have permission, it's fine)

I'll still be scouting for a place to run the BeyLunch. Just figured an indoors location would be safer; more controlled and less chances of problems from exterior forces. But, you're the boss, Boss! Grin

(Aug. 28, 2015  11:49 PM)sucks Wrote: Just so long as there's grass or some other soft surface around I'm fine. I have a big phobia of my beyblades being knocked out and landing on concrete o_0

The trouble is that there aren't a lot of grassy/soft surface areas, unless we go to a more secluded park or perhaps closer to Melbourne Uni. We need a location that can provide some level of safety, both for Bladers and their Beyblades.
Like I said, if you ask first and they say it's OK, it's fine. But Beyblade is a pretty loud game and can be disruptive to others in a public space.
I do know a good rental place, problem in that is money, but its inside, got carpet and close to Melbourne central. Its also a gaming store so that helps. Otherwise, I'm willing to go anywhere just as a meet up, battle wise rather have it on some sort of grassy area, because if its concrete it damages and if its tiles its probably somewhere too busy.
(Aug. 29, 2015  2:15 AM)Giraton Wrote: I do know a good rental place, problem in that is money, but its inside, got carpet and close to Melbourne central. Its also a gaming store so that helps. Otherwise, I'm willing to go anywhere just as a meet up, battle wise rather have it on some sort of grassy area, because if its concrete it damages and if its tiles its probably somewhere too busy.

Yeah I reckon the best option at this point (besides getting a venue) is just going to a park. Good surfaces for beyblades, not too many people and plenty of space. (At least for the time being)
Bump. Is this happening? I'm not buying any beys until somethings set in stone.
Well when is everyone available? We need to settle that. Also, my Burst stadium just came in so I now have a stadium for every format, be it plastics, HMS, MFB, Zero G or Burst. Now If my Burst beyblade comes in tomorrow I should be ready for all formats.
(Aug. 31, 2015  10:18 AM)Giraton Wrote: Well when is everyone available? We need to settle that. Also, my Burst stadium just came in so I now have a stadium for every format, be it plastics, HMS, MFB, Zero G or Burst. Now If my Burst beyblade comes in tomorrow I should be ready for all formats.

I currently work casual hours, but I should be able to do this on a Saturday or, if need be, you guys can choose a day that's good for you and I'll request that day off.

Also, my Burst stadium and Beyblades have arrived.
(Aug. 31, 2015  11:13 AM)Furyo Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2015  10:18 AM)Giraton Wrote: Well when is everyone available? We need to settle that. Also, my Burst stadium just came in so I now have a stadium for every format, be it plastics, HMS, MFB, Zero G or Burst. Now If my Burst beyblade comes in tomorrow I should be ready for all formats.

I currently work casual hours, but I should be able to do this on a Saturday or, if need be, you guys can choose a day that's good for you and I'll request that day off.

Well I gotta order some beys first. I have some of my old mfb's but I think I need to update. What are we going to be playing predominantly ? Should I be buying 2 bursts, 2 mfbs or 2 zero gs?
(Aug. 31, 2015  12:31 PM)sucks Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2015  11:13 AM)Furyo Wrote:

Well I gotta order some beys first. I have some of my old mfb's but I think I need to update. What are we going to be playing predominantly ? Should I be buying 2 bursts, 2 mfbs or 2 zero gs?

Well if its just a meet up, probably MFB format with a side of testing burst. I'm ok for most weekends, however I have an event coming up this weekend and on the 27th so I will not be able to go that times. I also have to keep university in mind, so I got to put that first.
(Aug. 31, 2015  3:36 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2015  12:31 PM)sucks Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2015  11:13 AM)Furyo Wrote: I currently work casual hours, but I should be able to do this on a Saturday or, if need be, you guys can choose a day that's good for you and I'll request that day off.

Well if its just a meet up, probably MFB format with a side of testing burst. I'm ok for most weekends, however I have an event coming up this weekend and on the 27th so I will not be able to go that times. I also have to keep university in mind, so I got to put that first.

So, perhaps next weekend?
(Sep. 01, 2015  5:08 AM)Furyo Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2015  3:36 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2015  12:31 PM)sucks Wrote: Well I gotta order some beys first. I have some of my old mfb's but I think I need to update. What are we going to be playing predominantly ? Should I be buying 2 bursts, 2 mfbs or 2 zero gs?

Well I'm gonna order some beys first. If they arrive soon then I should be good for whatever. I've already got some mfb's so I might buy a couple of bursts. We have a burst stadium yeah?
(Sep. 01, 2015  7:32 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2015  5:08 AM)Furyo Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2015  3:36 PM)Giraton Wrote: Well if its just a meet up, probably MFB format with a side of testing burst. I'm ok for most weekends, however I have an event coming up this weekend and on the 27th so I will not be able to go that times. I also have to keep university in mind, so I got to put that first.

Well I'm gonna order some beys first. If they arrive soon then I should be good for whatever. I've already got some mfb's so I might buy a couple of bursts. We have a burst stadium yeah?
Yep, two of them considering both me and furyo said we got ours (That makes more then the attack stadiums we tended to have for our old MFB tournaments).

As long as I don't get swamped with uni work, and considering I'm on break catching up on that now, I should be good for next weekend, does mean I skip my pokemon TCG league but that I can skip, don't play the game that much to care about skipping it.

Guess its just a suitable location then. Might be good to meet up at some sort of food court for lunch then move to a park or something for test battles, possibly the usual tournament area if you guys remember the place (And if it isn't raining).
(Sep. 01, 2015  12:08 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2015  7:32 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2015  5:08 AM)Furyo Wrote: So, perhaps next weekend?
Yep, two of them considering both me and furyo said we got ours (That makes more then the attack stadiums we tended to have for our old MFB tournaments).

As long as I don't get swamped with uni work, and considering I'm on break catching up on that now, I should be good for next weekend, does mean I skip my pokemon TCG league but that I can skip, don't play the game that much to care about skipping it.

Guess its just a suitable location then. Might be good to meet up at some sort of food court for lunch then move to a park or something for test battles, possibly the usual tournament area if you guys remember the place (And if it isn't raining).

I just found out that I'm working next weekend, at times that are not at all managable. Ugh.

The only days off with free time I have coming up are Father's Day and next Wednesday.
(Sep. 01, 2015  1:22 PM)Furyo Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2015  12:08 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2015  7:32 AM)sucks Wrote: Well I'm gonna order some beys first. If they arrive soon then I should be good for whatever. I've already got some mfb's so I might buy a couple of bursts. We have a burst stadium yeah?

I just found out that I'm working next weekend, at times that are not at all managable. Ugh.

The only days off with free time I have coming up are Father's Day and next Wednesday.

Ah man those are not good days for me at all. I'm probably working wednesday, and paper rounds take hours of walking. Well its not like we are in a hurry to meet up, so I guess we will see what the week after is like. Just be glad you didn't find out a few days before we meet (though if anyone is going to do that it will be me).
Well I guess just keep the thread updated with available times. I'm free whenever cos I'm too young to have prioreties lol
(Sep. 01, 2015  1:42 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2015  1:22 PM)Furyo Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2015  12:08 PM)Giraton Wrote: Yep, two of them considering both me and furyo said we got ours (That makes more then the attack stadiums we tended to have for our old MFB tournaments).

Ah man those are not good days for me at all. I'm probably working wednesday, and paper rounds take hours of walking. Well its not like we are in a hurry to meet up, so I guess we will see what the week after is like. Just be glad you didn't find out a few days before we meet (though if anyone is going to do that it will be me).

Okay. Best bet is that Sunday. I'll put in a request for the day off then.
Oh I just found out I got it wrong, I'll be busy on the weekend of the 13th, however this upcoming weekend, ill be rather free.
(Sep. 02, 2015  8:52 AM)Giraton Wrote: Oh I just found out I got it wrong, I'll be busy on the weekend of the 13th, however this upcoming weekend, ill be rather free.
Well I'm ordering some burst beys tonight. But the mfb's I still own are real carp haha. Outclassed and old. So we could do this upcoming weekend but my beys are terrible and many of the tips are worn down Unhappy
(Sep. 02, 2015  9:16 AM)sucks Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  8:52 AM)Giraton Wrote: Oh I just found out I got it wrong, I'll be busy on the weekend of the 13th, however this upcoming weekend, ill be rather free.
Well I'm ordering some burst beys tonight. But the mfb's I still own are real carp haha. Outclassed and old. So we could do this upcoming weekend but my beys are terrible and many of the tips are worn down Unhappy

Well its not a tournament, just a meet and some fun battles. My MFB aren't exactly top tier either, probably the closest I have is my basalt E230 combo, with my next best still being Lighting L-drago.
(Sep. 02, 2015  10:45 AM)Giraton Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2015  9:16 AM)sucks Wrote:

Well its not a tournament, just a meet and some fun battles. My MFB aren't exactly top tier either, probably the closest I have is my basalt E230 combo, with my next best still being Lighting L-drago.
True. I don't even know what my best is. I think I lost a bunch of them. I have a hell kerbecs, an earth eagle, virgo, galaxy Pegasus and maybe an l-drago. I have more but that's probably all I have that's worth using. I'll try and cobble together a good combo lol.

Also, we should probably know what to look for when we meet up as it's been a long time since I last saw you, Giraton and I don't know Furyo. Should we share pictures of ourselves or?