[Melbourne, Australia] Metal System Tournament?

I imagine a tournament-style meeting where only Metal System (4-Layer) metal wheels are allowed. The idea is mostly to see how they run with later track and tip designs from the Hybrid Wheel System, 4D and Zero-G. I can supply appropriate metal wheels. Would a novelty meeting like this be of any actual interest?
I don't know if you created that render all by yourself or it was from Takara Tomy, but either way, it looks insanely cool.
I can't attend, obviously, but would love to see how it goes.

Also: did you seriously do that artwork? It's amazing. Can we get you to do something for the WBO like that? :')
I would love to try this, the main issue I have is that I tend to lose allot using other people's parts, and the only 4 layer bey I have is a gold edition L-drago, rather not use that bugger. That and it can't be a massive meeting, or official tournament for now, for a series of reasons involving "new" players. Do really want to try it though.

Edit: also, can we say no Libra, considering it's history?
(Mar. 08, 2016  4:53 AM)Giraton Wrote: Edit: also, can we say no Libra, considering it's history?

I think this would be pretty much necessary for this event to be fun. lol
(Mar. 08, 2016  4:53 AM)Giraton Wrote: I would love to try this, the main issue I have is that I tend to lose allot using other people's parts, and the only 4 layer bey I have is a gold edition L-drago, rather not use that bugger. That and it can't be a massive meeting, or official tournament for now, for a series of reasons involving "new" players. Do really want to try it though.

Edit: also, can we say no Libra, considering it's history?

I imagine Libra is banned. Ban the later mould too? Far as losing with other poeples parts, I kind of imagine everyone will suffer from that. It'd be interesting if we coud get others interested somehow - you've seen the reaction people have when they see the title image of this thread... Maybe a flyer?

(Mar. 08, 2016  4:51 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Also: did you seriously do that artwork?

Nah, it's from the MFB Pegasis patent. You can find the original link over at Formula Bei. You'll see I didn't actually try that hard. Glad you like it though.
I think this would be awesome. I always loved doing stock tourneys with these beys. This would be kicking that up a notch. I wish they had never invented the clear or crystal wheels and just kept going with full metal wheel concepts
i think it's a cool idea [i was thinking about it since i attended my first WBO event]

banning Libra is obvious [Odin of MFB]

i think name of this format can be changed and use something better like PHWS
Except that Pre Hybrid Wheel System is a myth. It is not the correct name. I am amazed that people still say PHWS ...
Metal System. Quite simply. That is the official name. As *Ginga" mentioned, everybody should stop using "Pre-HWS".
Updated the original post to read: Metal System. Thanks for the correction. I wonder if this will make any difference to the interest?
Sounds like a great idea, I'm up for it.

Kinda wanna use Libra tho
Well, I have a few different Libra moulds. Might as well bring them along for kicks, at least.

I also understand that the university term is back in swing. How do we all fair? Are weekends still the best time for meet-ups?
I'm still pretty good for most weekends, I also happen to be available Thursdays and most of Fridays.