[Melbourne, Australia] Melbourne Tournaments in Hobby Shops ?

I see where the money goes and I know that the organisation is the people. I am not requesting anyone to host tourneys I actually want to help you guys in your OP. I do not have the attitude 'why aren't there tourneys everywhere'.
I understand how your tournaments are run and appreciate that but I am wanting your support and all Melbs bladers because if I don't have it what is the point of making a tournament after all its for you guys.

Forget cash prizers if you are so against them I just thought it was the preferable prize as you buy more beyblades and stuff. Prizes are fine.

Would players want and show up to in regular numbers to weekly run tournaments at a hobby store on weekends? Yes or No
Because if yes I would be willing to set them up if there was interest and support.

So what this means tournaments would be held at a store by a hobby store that would run the tournament. Is there any interest and do you two guys want this.
This definitely does NOT go in Beyblade General.
If you know it doesn't go here, why did you still post it here ?!

Are you willing to pay hobby shops to host tournaments for people to play in ? Because I doubt they would host them regularly for free. You would then use fees to pay the hobby shop and the tournament would NOT be WBO approved and you would not earn beypoints or maybe even prizes for that matter.

But you can go ahead, I will move this thread to WBO General.
Okay I will take the warning point sorry.
The hobby stores would charge only $5 entry which you guys are paying for tournaments anyway right?
So the hobby store charges $5 entry and you play a tournament like you usually would.
The winner of the tournament could theoretically take a cash prize which the store offers to support or donate to the WBO as well as buy themself a beyblade.

I just want your support so I can help set up tourneys.
I can post how the tournaments would work if you like.

Isn't the WBO unofficial anyway so I don't know why you have to make it so strict. You can advertise these tournaments on web site and there would a huge player base.
(Dec. 07, 2010  1:19 PM)blah Wrote: You would then use fees to pay the hobby shop and the tournament would NOT be WBO approved and you would not earn beypoints or maybe even prizes for that matter.
Actually, if the venue charges something to attend, such as in certain conventions, then our entry fee is nullified and participants only have to pay for the renting of the venue, unless their fee is of less then five dollars per person. However, we of course cannot do any sort of reimbursement of prizes or other costs though.
You would pay $5 entry to play at the store and the store would offer prizes.
Where is the hobby store you speak of?

Also like I mentioned earlier one a week would be over kill. (At least until the school holidays start for the majority age group of the members)'

But otherwise sure, if the hobby store gives you the green light why not have a trial for a couple of weeks or so.
It is located in Moorabbin and they would be willing to host a tournament if lots of people were willing to attend.
I think that you are right that weekly seems like a lot. I dont think there are enough people to support that.

What about a huge tournament sometime in January and then take it from there would that be better?
(Dec. 08, 2010  1:44 AM)Socks Wrote: It is located in Moorabbin and they would be willing to host a tournament if lots of people were willing to attend.
I think that you are right that weekly seems like a lot. I dont think there are enough people to support that.

What about a huge tournament sometime in January and then take it from there would that be better?

Sounds better.
Although Omega was keen to host a tournament during that time.
I think he would be on board playing at an actual venue and he can help organize as well if he likes because a lot of people would go if he supported it and said he was going.

I am thinking about a really big tournament like a State Championship or something.
How big is this venue?

Also Moorabbin is about 40 minutes away from Essendon/Moonee Ponds which is a suburb where we had a lot of participants. I doubt everyone of those people would want to travel that far. But who knows there might be a big scene in Moorabbin.
It is big enough to host a tournament like this. The place is also next a to train station. I dont think 40 mins travel would be that big of a deal if it was a one off for the biggest tournament yet like a state championship.
well i wouldn't be able to go that far. it's hard enough going to Essendon let alone another 40 minutes..
I want to make a competitive scene for bladers that is consistent, once a week is probably overkill but once a month sounds feasible, for a fan run community there is not much enthusiam for a proper event. If there was an event like a state championship with decent prize support how many people would attend? A donation would be made to WBO.
Probably the same amount that entered INFERNO, possibly more because it will be even more recognized/popular.
I don't think anybody lives near Moorabbin. A tournament in a hobby store doesn't sound too good right now, it requires a lot of work and I'm going on holidays soon. I'd rather wait until after April 2011 for something like this.
this sounds interesting but complicated to run, you will have to go through alot of set up.
Why are you so intent on hosting a tournament. What you'd like to do is great, but it takes a lot of time and effort etc. You should just leave Melbourne tournaments to Omega, he is more familiar with it and knows what hes doing. What is the purpose of hosting tournaments. Is it for recognition or purely out of heart. Omega makes these because he enjoys it, not because he wants to become a veteran (you cant become on like that anyway) or he wants recognition (or maybe a little, haha (jks).
I make tournaments to give the opportunity to my fellow Australian members Smile I remember as a kid I was dying for a tournament. By all means I don't mind others hosting tournaments, but I am quite familiar with how everything works now, hah.

Socks, I can help you out with this, but now's just not the time.
Hah yeah, its wise to seek help from THE KING!!

EDIT: @pikabattler Agreed...

EDIT X2:Omega Still awaiting payment ^^ Just found a Gravity Perseus and other HWS2 beys for under $15 ^^ All of them are starters
you can figure out the small things, but it's too soon to figure out the big things, try to find a better store more in the city or just in the border of the city.
I simply want to help a struggling player base with more tournaments that are well organised, no offense to past tournaments, but parks dont seem to be ideal venues. I hoped to gain support for this tournament, because in the end it is for the palyer base. I will continue to try an organise an event and come back with more details.
Actually, in my opinion and many others, a lot of people prefer parks. It gives it a really nice feel, better then being stuck indoors.
If a park is the prefered venue then by all means, it can be held at a park. But i think that alot of people might prefer the comfort and privacy of a store.
Are you sure the Hobby shop will be large enough?
Not only is there going to be 60 kids or so there will also be their parents.
There will be a lot more than 60 next time round, I know that for sure. I think a hobby shop will be a bit of a hassle. Personally, a park is fine, if there's nothing wrong with it, why try fixing it ?