MegaMan general

Poll: Will you get thee Prototype version of the game.

Yes
68.42%
No
31.58%
Total: 100% 19 vote(s)
Oh hey, I'm psychic.

Why thank you Crapcom.
Not surprised in the slightest. Disappointed, yes. Did I see it coming? After To's posts, it was in the back of my head, but not necessarily. Surprised? Nah, not really. Mega Man is on the verge of gaming irrelevance, due to bad titles, canceled titles, and all around not getting anything worthwhile.
(Jul. 03, 2011  12:09 AM)CyberBlader27 Wrote: There's too much work put into this to quit now! If anyone hasn't noticed, they have most of the graphics for the main characters, the original prototype demo, the voice actors (japanese and english), the plot, the game engine, the characters, the townspeople, and the new character designs done. All that and hundreds of thousands of servbot users backing them up. They can't back down now.

SUCK ON THAT, TO!

Wow. This was proven SO wrong. How can so much work be done, and then a game just gets scrapped?
Yeah... I was... off. Umm... Well, the internet is aflame right now over MML3 being cancelled. Many people are boycotting Capcom, and Comic Con is this week... Look forward to boos, Crapcom.
(Jul. 19, 2011  5:15 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Surprised? Nah, not really. Mega Man is on the verge of gaming irrelevance, due to bad titles, canceled titles, and all around not getting anything worthwhile.
This is completely wrong. Mega Man is a very thriving series. It makes a lot of money from it's fans, and will probably be around for a very long time. If it didn't, it would be dead already.

What are you talking about? I haven't played any "Bad Titles" in this series at all. So, what games are you talking about? Canceled titles? Dude, there were only 2 of those... Tired
Megaman's not a thriving series at all. The man who pushed all of the recent games (including Legends 3, and Universe) is no longer at Capcom. Every single game in every single subseries has declined as the series has gone on in the US, to the point where Starforce 3 debuted to a 18k first month in the US. The last two Megaman games announced have both been cancelled, and not a single other Megaman game is in development at Capcom.
*twitches*WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!another caceled title i was looking forward to Uncertain.first megaman universe now legends,capcom just lost some fans.i swear i love megaman and it hurts me to see it wither away like this ;_;
(Jul. 19, 2011  2:41 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2011  5:15 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Surprised? Nah, not really. Mega Man is on the verge of gaming irrelevance, due to bad titles, canceled titles, and all around not getting anything worthwhile.
This is completely wrong. Mega Man is a very thriving series. It makes a lot of money from it's fans, and will probably be around for a very long time. If it didn't, it would be dead already.

What are you talking about? I haven't played any "Bad Titles" in this series at all. So, what games are you talking about? Canceled titles? Dude, there were only 2 of those... Tired
Starforce 2 and 3. Battle Network after 4. (5 was decent, but repetitive to me.) These were not "MegaMan Standard" games. And two games just got canceled this year. Mega Man ain't doin' so well.

Yup, Mega Man seems to be on its way out.
hey guys, remember those battle chips you could get and use them in REAL PETs?

no?

thought so

(On a serious note, I do not see how Megaman's Battle Network and Starforce series lasted so long)
well, as forthe rest of this thread, i will probably close it if u guys think that is the right desission, as the game is no longer in development and that months(lots of them) were thrown down the drain. please tell me, because, 1) we can boycot Capcom or 2) write emails, letters, ect. to try to get capcom to keep going with this as MML as a series is not finnished. I am as dissapointed as everyone, but we all know that CAPCOM IS STUPID!
(Jul. 20, 2011  1:59 AM)bugturtles Wrote: hey guys, remember those battle chips you could get and use them in REAL PETs?

no?

thought so

(On a serious note, I do not see how Megaman's Battle Network and Starforce series lasted so long)

Actually, I do. Had a blue one with Spread Cannon, Muramasa, Cannon, and Heat Shot.
(Jul. 20, 2011  2:17 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Actually, I do. Had a blue one with Spread Cannon, Muramasa, Cannon, and Heat Shot.

The Battle Chip thing never lifted off outside of Japan, besides from a few avid collectors. It was stateside/outside of Japan very briefly.

I myself had the Progress (not sure which series this is from lol) and LiNK (BN6 PET) and a carp load of Battle Chips ranging from each series (besides from that massive near-television sized PET that's super rare); regular "attack/defense" types, Navi Chips, etc. Some chips reached a price of $300; and there was a community that traded and sold these Battle Chips for ridiculous (or not so ridiculous) prices. Basically Yugioh, but in plastic.

You could use the physical Battle Chips with the Battle Network games if you had the Gate thing or whatever. The feature stopped at the English version of BN6 I believe; so Japan's version of BN6 was the only one that could use the chip accessory. You could "Slotto, IN!" like in the show lmao

---

since megaman legends 3 is canceled, instead of closing it, turn this into Megaman general?
(Jul. 20, 2011  2:43 AM)bugturtles Wrote: since megaman legends 3 is canceled, instead of closing it, turn this into Megaman general?

well,we could do that. i will make this Mega Man General, and as for the MML3 info, i will ethier delete it or put on a spoiler(probably delete). i will start the thread, but as i am not that HUGE of a MM fan, i will be on here so and so.btw, i WAS LIKE 5 WHEN THEY CAME OUT WITH THOSE AND LOVED THEM.(I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH ONE THUOGHCrying)
(Jul. 19, 2011  3:04 AM)bugturtles Wrote: lmao, totally saw this coming
How could you laugh at that? That's terrible.
I AM SORRY FOR THIS ONE SPAM POST BUT I MUST HATE.
F***ING CAPCOM YOU B*******
ALL I WANT IS A MEGAMAN GAME
JUST ONE.
EVEN IF IT IS COMPLETELY HORRIBLE.
I'VE BEEN A MEGAMAN FAN EVER SINCE I WAS FIVE, AND CAPCOM IS SLOWLY KILLING IT OFF.
I AM ONE P-I-S-S-E-D-MOFO RIGHT NOW.
I HATE THEM NOW AS MUCH AS I HATE DAMN HASBRO.
AND WELL ALL KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE THEM.

Sorry for spam post.
I MUST hate and rage.
Forgive me mods...
what they really canceled MML3? I'd rather have them cancel the 8-bit wii, ps3, and xbox 360 megaman games, but why did they need to cancel the one that was unique and different? I really hope that they don't cancel Rockman Online because thats probably the only one that capcom is actually working on, well probably working on..... And they really need to make a X2 Remake or actually make ZX Prequel(why did it have to be an april fools joke....) because I feel like Megaman might not survive if they don't actually release a game soon....
Capcom isn't working on Rockman Online, which is why it likely won't be cancelled. That game is being developed in South Korea.

As for why they decided to axe MML3, and not Megaman 9, and 10 - well those games cost nothing to make, and were greenlight during the time when the man in charge of Capcom just so happened to be the man who played a large part in creating the franchise. Once he left Capcom, both Megaman games in development in the company just so happened to get cancelled (MML3, and MMU).
(Jul. 20, 2011  1:12 PM)To Wrote: Capcom isn't working on Rockman Online, which is why it likely won't be cancelled. That game is being developed in South Korea.

As for why they decided to axe MML3, and not Megaman 9, and 10 - well those games cost nothing to make, and were greenlight during the time when the man in charge of Capcom just so happened to be the man who played a large part in creating the franchise. Once he left Capcom, both Megaman games in development in the company just so happened to get cancelled (MML3, and MMU).
To, please keep in mind that he created many more games during his time at the company. There 's probably at least one game he was working on that didn't get canceled.
wow, we all know that he left and was a big name to the sucsesss of MegaMan, but in the link that was made recently in page 2 said that MML3 was not cancled becuse he left, but because it didnt make the critica or something like that. as for MMU, i dont know
mods delete this. i have to use IE because this is what my computer has and i cant download any other browser
Why Capcom.
Why must you crush my dreams every year?
And why King Inafune, WHY DID YOU LEEEEAVE
;_;
I'll go cry in the corner now while you guys carry on a professional discussion.
please do, i want to cut down on the spam right now
(Jul. 20, 2011  6:22 PM)bb gregandcin Wrote: wow, we all know that he left and was a big name to the sucsesss of MegaMan, but in the link that was made recently in page 2 said that MML3 was not cancled becuse he left, but because it didnt make the critica or something like that. as for MMU, i dont know

Capcom Japan tends to think that Megaman is not popular in the west at all (and they're right to a degree), and thus have been trying to cut back on him for years. The only reason they didn't was because of Inafune, who'd push for more. Inafune gone, game seen as not financially viable with no opposition, game cancelled.
(Jul. 20, 2011  2:42 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2011  1:12 PM)To Wrote: Capcom isn't working on Rockman Online, which is why it likely won't be cancelled. That game is being developed in South Korea.

To, please keep in mind that he created many more games during his time at the company. There 's probably at least one game he was working on that didn't get canceled.

I think he meant that Inafune was impossible to replace, in such a way that MegaMan Universe and Legend 3 had to be canceled due to a lack of the urgency that he managed to keep into the Mega Man series. Or something of the sort. Plus, you're not going to say to the public that one man leaving scuttled a whole highly anticipated game, so they played it off as it wasn't good enough.
Yes, Inafune was a big guy at Capcom. IIRC, didn't he help make a Street Fighter game sometime while he was there? But yes, Capcom does not want to seem like a company that solely relies on ONE person to keep it together, so like MB9 said, they just blow it off as not being good enough.
Which in all truth, is probably not the truth. The game from what we've seen, was doing great, and looked like it would be successful! It's like for example, Kei leaves, and Kai-V writes it off as he didn't help the WBO much. It's a somewhat similar situation I guess, and no dishonor to Kai-V, I'm just using that as an example.
(Jul. 20, 2011  6:28 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Why Capcom.
Why must you crush my dreams every year?
And why King Inafune, WHY DID YOU LEEEEAVE
;_;
I'll go cry in the corner now while you guys carry on a professional discussion.
He left because he was upset about how Japanese Video Games are doing compared to the crappy ones that are made in America. (By "Crappy Games made in America" I'm talking about a majority of games for the Xbox and PS3. No offense to any fan-boys/girls out there) And yes, a majority of American-made games suck.

(Jul. 20, 2011  8:59 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: I think he meant that Inafune was impossible to replace, in such a way that MegaMan Universe and Legend 3 had to be canceled due to a lack of the urgency that he managed to keep into the Mega Man series. Or something of the sort. Plus, you're not going to say to the public that one man leaving scuttled a whole highly anticipated game, so they played it off as it wasn't good enough.
But he was working on more than 2 games at the time, so we're probably going to see more games get canceled.

(Jul. 20, 2011  9:04 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Yes, Inafune was a big guy at Capcom. IIRC, didn't he help make a Street Fighter game sometime while he was there?
Uh, dude... Street Fighter would suck if he didn't work on it. He played a big part in the original Street Fighter. And if I'm correct, he worked on a majority of the games in the series.