Master Dranzer/Metal Draciel draft

Quote:== Attack Ring (AR): Turtle Survivor ==
Turtle Survivor is a thin AR that has four wings which are headed by beaks. Two of the wings have two sharp ends which provide smash attack. The other two have blunt bulges at the end and these parts only create recoil. This AR is quite variable with completely different uses in right and left spin. In right spin the pointed ends of the wings deliver violent smash attack. While it is equal to other top tier smash attack ARs such as Triple Wing and Cross Griffon it has lots of recoil and breakage issues due to how thin it is on the sharp ended points which make it less desirable than the other two. In left spin the AR has use in Zombie types with the points on the end of the four wings stealing spin and wings lining up well with Wide Survivor weight disk which is the best one for Zombie combos. However the points on the AR which go over the Wide Survivor weight disk are this AR's downfall as they provide recoil which impedes its performance. As such it is outclassed by other ARs such as Tiger defenser, Scissors Attacker or Twin Horn and apart from Twin horn these are not hard to find.

=== Use in [[Smash Attack]] ===
AR: Turtle Survivor
WD: Wide Defense
BB: Grip Base

=== Use in [[Zombie]] customization ===
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left SG (Double Bearing Ver)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2

== Weight Disk (WD): ==

Metal Draciel: 8 Heavy
Master Dranzer: 8 Balance

== Spin Gear (SG): Right SG ==

See [[Spin Gear | Right SG]]

==Blade Base (BB): Metal Sting Base
This blade base has circular with small bumps around the outside of the blade and has a sharp metal tip. The beyblade has decent amount of LAD due to its circular nature. Unfortunately the blade base has poor balance due to the sharp and as such this doesn’t help much. The BB only use is in compacts where it has minor usage due to the base’s size and the sharp tip’s ability to maintain a high RPM. However it is outclassed by other compact parts and shouldn’t be used unless absolutely necessary.

=== Use in [[Compact]] Customisations ===

AR: War Lion
SAR: War Lion
WD: 10 Heavy
BB: Neo Right HMC
BB: Metal Sting Base

==Overall==
While the Blade Base has minor uses, the AR is decent for Zombie and Attack types. Also the beyblade is quite easy to find. While not essential the beyblade is a good purchase for its AR if you don’t own anything better for Zombie’s or Attack types and can’t purchase the preferred parts.
Pretty good other than what you mentioned. I'll tidy it up and do the ar description later today.
The BB does have pretty good lad, spoilt by its poor balance though. Even at its best it does nothing metal change base doesn't do better.

EDIT: Other beywiki stuff has come up that has to take priority, so it may be tomorrow that I get to this. We'll see how much energy I have, haha. :3
[quote='Ultra' pid='992362' dateline='1342435971']
[quote]
Attack Ring (AR): Turtle Survivor
This AR is quite variable, with completely different uses in right and left spin. When in right spin, it has violent Smash Attack. However, it isn't on par with other strong Smash Attack ARs such as Triple Wing and Cross Griffon, because of its high recoil and breakage issues due to thinness. In left spin, the AR has use in Zombie types, since the points on the end of the four wings steal spin and because its Attack Ring lines up well with the Wide Survivor weight disk. However, it is outclassed by other ARs such as Tiger Defenser and Twin Horn and should only be used if better ARs are not available.

==Weight Disk (WD):

Metal Draciel: 8 Heavy
Master Dranzer: 8 Balance

Spin Gear (SG): Right SG

==Blade Base (BB): Metal Sting Base
This Blade Base is circular with small bumps around the outside of the blade and has a sharp metal tip. The BB has a decent amount of LAD, due to its circular nature. Unfortunately, the Blade Base has poor balance, because of its sharp bottom. Due to its awful balance, the Blade Base has no competitive uses.
==Overall==
While the Blade Base has no uses, the AR is decent for Attack and Zombie types. Also, this Beyblade is quite easy to find. While not essential, the Beyblade is a good purchase for its AR if a stronger one is not already owned.

==Other Versions==
Loads in random boosters
Metal Draciel Metal Masters version
Master Dranzer Hyperblade version
[/quote]

Fixed some errors and re-worded a few things.
=Turtle Survivor=
Turtle Survivor is a thin AR that takes the form of four beaked-headed, winged beasts. Each wing has sharp points to provide the AR with some amount of Smash Attack.

Thats briefly what i had in mind...not in correct wording or using good terms i guessed...
Finally got around to trying the parts again.

First sat down and tried the AR out for attack (on Ariel 2's tip). Got two rounds in and mine snapped, but it won both rounds against my ridiculously defensive compact which I couldn't get triple wing (or much else for that matter) to KO (inverse of Ultra on grip base IIRC). The power is on par with Triple Wing and co, but Turtle Survivor is far too fragile to be used for attack.

Used my red/gold one to examine zombie use, the parts that extend past wide survivor/defense produce recoil which prevents it being great but it's definitely usable. Seemed to do better than Cross Horn (Wolborg 03's AR), but I didn't do much with cross horn seeing as I've already broken one AR today.

EDIT: Base is a usable (like tier three, even if the only thing in tier to is SG Semi Flat) compact base because of its size and the sharp tip's ability to maintain RPM, and minor LAD potential (hard to tell if it's just scraping at higher RPM and thus seeming to last longer or has any decent LAD, the base clip area interrupts the LAD, though aside frmo that it's basically round). Worth throwing in a combo for. War Lion seemed to work pretty well, not like you're going to be KOing anything anyway and it absorbs more hits than normal because of the wobbly base.
Okay I have done the changes but wanted your opinion on whether to add our findings that it is able to do better than Triple Wing against some combos. I say we should put it in.
We need to work out why it does better though. I assume the thinner, sharper contact points are applying greater pressure, but that would affect all opponents, not just the few odd matchups we've seen.
I assume that's why but again limited knowledge about that kind of thing. Yeah it would affect all matchups.
FWIW my hyperblade Turtle Survivor is shaped slightly differently to my now broken takara master dranzer one in the contact point area. I'll try and get some photos later. Looks like slight reinforcement or angle change to help prevent breakage.

As for combos:
AR:
Smash Attack
WD: Wide Defense
BB: Grip Base

Zombie:
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left SG (Double Bearing Ver)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2

Oh yeah, uh BK's sg is Double bearing Ver, not core. Also worth mentioning here that Turtle Survivor and Volcano Change Base don't work together at all for zombies, BB Semi Flat combos will OS it. I'll cover that in the Dranzer V article though (basically VCB is more affected by AR recoil than regular zombie setups so it doesn't work well with Tier 3 Zombie AR's like Turtle Survivor and Cross Horn, needs at least a tier 2 (Wing Upper, Gyro AR) to OS Tiger Defenser/10B/Semi Flat Base).

Shame, as I had this ingenious idea of using Turtle Survivor, Wide Survivor/Defense and VCB and then you'd have an attacker or a zombie depending on which casings you use which would be cool for mind games but it didn't work out, well, in left spin it can KO BB Semi Flat but yeah, being unable to OS it says it's not going to work well against a bunch of other stuff.

And the BB:
AR: War Lion
SAR: War Lion
WD: 10 Heavy
BB: Neo Right HMC
BB: Metal Sting Base

Other things:
Remove the part in the AR section about the protrusions helping to steal spin, honestly I don't think AR protrusions help to steal spin at all, but definitely at least not for this AR, the recoil they produce means contact time is shorter so there's less spin stealing or whatever as mentioned later in the section.
Might be worth mentioning that Wing Upper (flame pegasus) works better for zombies, too.
Okay I only thought that it did because if it's not that bit then what point on the AR steals spin? Anyway i'll work on this tomorrow sometime since it's 2 am where I am.
The round edges and the weight disk steal spin. It's why Wide Defense/Survivor are necessary, they're the only two WD's with low enough recoil to not be pushed away from opponents, thus keep contact and keep stealing spin.
It's also why I'm experimenting with Gaia Dragoon G's SAR and 10 Wide (MG WD didn't work, FWIW) as a possible weak zombie setup, and it seems to be working right now. The round surfaces of the AR also work for spin stealing, I imagine I get better results with my sonokong Tiger Defenser on SCB only because the regular one has small amounts of recoil at the contact points which counteract any benefit from the round sides.
I imagine a perfectly round AR just slightly wider than wide survivor would be awesome for zombies (Trypio is too large and scraping prone before anyone asks, it'd need to be fairly small to not provide leverage), given plastic has less recoil than metal.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beywiki-...pid1005183

Took some pictures of the hyperblade version. Shame my standard one broke, but yeah.
(Aug. 03, 2012  2:43 AM)th!nk Wrote: The round edges and the weight disk steal spin. It's why Wide Defense/Survivor are necessary, they're the only two WD's with low enough recoil to not be pushed away from opponents, thus keep contact and keep stealing spin.
It's also why I'm experimenting with Gaia Dragoon G's SAR and 10 Wide (MG WD didn't work, FWIW) as a possible weak zombie setup, and it seems to be working right now. The round surfaces of the AR also work for spin stealing, I imagine I get better results with my sonokong Tiger Defenser on SCB only because the regular one has small amounts of recoil at the contact points which counteract any benefit from the round sides.
I imagine a perfectly round AR just slightly wider than wide survivor would be awesome for zombies (Trypio is too large and scraping prone before anyone asks, it'd need to be fairly small to not provide leverage), given plastic has less recoil than metal.

Okay so what is there to do apart from correcting that and looking into why it does better than Triple Wing sometimes.

Mentioning that Wing Upper is better for zombies is probably worthwhile, just to sort of lay it out more. The AR's Description could be a bit more detailed, as could the base's (as it's really heavily detailed for such an early release). The combos need to be put in and descriptions of them written.
Other than that the language needs to be a bit more formal/beywiki-esque.
As much I love doing the descriptions can anyone else do that? Also the more formal-esque is what Imperial is for haha. Really? How come? I never would thought Wing Upper would that good (I know it's good in some aspects as you've said before and i'm not saying that Turtle Survivor is particularly good).
It's a great survival part in left spin, well balanced, more weight on the perimeter than inside, lovely rounded sides. Main downfall is it has more recoil than Tiger Defenser, and therefore ends up having slightly less stamina, but it works slightly better than Gyro AR, which works better than Turtle Survivor/Cross Horn.