[Maryland, USA] Maryland Beybladers

I mean I live in baltimore city....is next years reagionals gonaa be in silver springs?
(Oct. 26, 2013  5:07 AM)syn38 Wrote: I mean I live in baltimore city....is next years reagionals gonaa be in silver springs?
From now on it going to be at a hotel near Bethesda near 495 only 10 minutes from our regular location
Anyone up for a tourney on the 17th in Sterling, VA?
@Arupaeo/Stars 17th or 24th and guessing from what stars posted we are moving indoors?
Can we try to have the thread up more than 2 days in advance?

Also, could we try to form a relationship with a local comic book store or a store similar to game theory (see NC) to avoid the hotel costs?

I just sent this email to the gm at big planet comics in Bethesda (its about 2 miles from the Marriot we normally do our winter tournaments at):

Hi, I am a representative of the Maryland Tournament Community of the World Beyblade Organization (worldbeyblade.org) and we are looking for a winter tournament location and wondering if your store would perhaps be interested? Each tournament would bring about 30 people into your store as participants and parents alone and would hopefully bring in curbside interest as well. I don't know if you are familiar with Beyblade as a hobby but it was originally a manga that has branched out into anime and a real-life game. The WBO (as we refer to ourselves as) has over 85,000 members currently with about 100 stationed in MD. Please respond as soon as you can and if you have any other concerns or questions before you are able to give a definite yes or no response feel free to ask them or take the time to browse the website and learn a little more about the hobby.
(Nov. 06, 2013  3:48 AM)Time Wrote: @Arupaeo/Stars 17th or 24th and guessing from what stars posted we are moving indoors?

Also, could we try to form a relationship with a local comic book store or a store similar to game theory (see NC) to avoid the hotel costs?

I just sent this email to the gm at big planet comics in Bethesda (its about 2 miles from the Marriot we normally do our winter tournaments at):

Hi, I am a representative of the Maryland Tournament Community of the World Beyblade Organization (worldbeyblade.org) and we are looking for a winter tournament location and wondering if your store would perhaps be interested? Each tournament would bring about 30 people into your store as participants and parents alone and would hopefully bring in curbside interest as well. I don't know if you are familiar with Beyblade as a hobby but it was originally a manga that has branched out into anime and a real-life game. The WBO (as we refer to ourselves as) has over 85,000 members currently with about 100 stationed in MD. Please respond as soon as you can and if you have any other concerns or questions before you are able to give a definite yes or no response feel free to ask them or take the time to browse the website and learn a little more about the hobby.
Interested. I might be able to come if you can have the thread about 4 days in advanced. I think the message is perfect.
(Nov. 06, 2013  3:48 AM)Time Wrote: @Arupaeo/Stars 17th or 24th and guessing from what stars posted we are moving indoors?

Glad you did this!

I wouldn't say 30 participants, more around 20 as of late.
Got to motivate them....
(Nov. 06, 2013  11:44 PM)Time Wrote: Got to motivate them....
By lying! Lol jk.

Anyways I can't wait for this tourney! Please get the thread up ASAP. Good luck with this letter Time! Wink
So I haven't gotten an email back if anyone has the time to call them or visit in person that would be great
When's the next tournament in MD? I might come down if no one can come to Sterling for my own.
On the 14th or 15th.
I need people in elkton to battle i only do plastic gen though
Can we not have another late announced tournament?
Yeah then I'm never able to come...
Has anyone heard anything from Aru? I think we really need someone else to step up here, I can in a few months, but not until then for various reasons.
Hey, guys I just heard from Arupaeo via Stars that the tournament is going to be the 19th so get ready
OK, thanks for letting us know.