Making Beyblade Accessible to Everyone (or at least try to) (Read The First Post)

I don't know if this thread belongs here but I'll probably find out eventually.

The (or "my" since my grammar is a bit flawed) idea behind this thread originates from when I watched JoJo's recent update video at the time of the creation of this thread. If you didn't know yet (which the chances of that is slim), JoJo recently have to have a surgery done on one of her wrists to have a tumor removed. As a result, she is temporarily suck with only able use one of her hand, and in turn, wouldn't be able to use a beylauncher. After watching the video, I soon realized that, to my knowledge, there is currently no features that helps people with certain disabilities be able to play with beyblades or at least make the process of doing so easier. While there a lot of different kinds of disabilities, for simplicity sake, on this thread, the focus will be mainly on motor impairments, visual impairments of blindness and hard of seeing, and colorblindnes. The focus of this thread is mainly going to be on making accessories to solve these problems, but I'll let discussions slide as long as they are on topic of course.
I'm thinking that, for people with one injured hand, there should be a stand that holds the launcher so that they can launch with the working hand. If they can't use their forearm to keep the setup from moving, then the stand should be heavy and with rubber stoppers on the bottom.
Isn't there a 'precision strike launcher' from hasbro? It can be used with one hand (I think). But, the launch power is nowhere near the power of a normal adult.

It is a wind-up launcher.

Oh, never mind. You have to hold the launcher to wind it up. That is a 2-hand task.
There's currently no allowances in the rules to allow this, but I would imagine the easiest way to help someone with access to only one hand is to allow a second designated person hold the launcher for them; a team effort. It would be difficult to jury-rig a way to one hand launch without either making the launch on the weaker side or without modifying the launcher to the point where it might become an illegal part.

Therefore, I suggest the rules be modified so that in situations where a physical disability prevents a blader from launching using both their hands, someone be allowed to hold and move their launcher for them, and the blader themselves pull the ripcord or string with their usable hand. It will take some practice, especially if they want to have sliding shoots, and it needs to be closely regulated, as a two person launch could be considered advantageous if choreographed correctly.

I would say that any bladers that want to utilize this rule need to provide proof of the disability ahead of time and prepare it with the organizer and judges in advance.

Barring that, perhaps a holster that allows a blader to attach a sting launcher securely to their wrist just below the hand, so that with the free hand they can pull the cord. Again, all of these would need judge/organizer permission ahead of time.
(May. 07, 2019  1:35 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: There's currently no allowances in the rules to allow this, but I would imagine the easiest way to help someone with access to only one hand is to allow a second designated person hold the launcher for them; a team effort. It would be difficult to jury-rig a way to one hand launch without either making the launch on the weaker side or without modifying the launcher to the point where it might become an illegal part.

Therefore, I suggest the rules be modified so that in situations where a physical disability prevents a blader from launching using both their hands, someone be allowed to hold and move their launcher for them, and the blader themselves pull the ripcord or string with their usable hand. It will take some practice, especially if they want to have sliding shoots, and it needs to be closely regulated, as a two person launch could be considered advantageous if choreographed correctly.

I would say that any bladers that want to utilize this rule need to provide proof of the disability ahead of time and prepare it with the organizer and judges in advance.

Barring that, perhaps a holster that allows a blader to attach a sting launcher securely to their wrist just below the hand, so that with the free hand they can pull the cord. Again, all of these would need judge/organizer permission ahead of time.

A nice suggestion, but for now, let assume that a disabled person playing is not participating in a tournament and is just playing casually.

Also let's not forget about blind/hard of seeing and colorblind people. Some of the problems that I think these kinds of people will run into is related to the shapes of beyblades parts and/or (exclusively for colorblind people) the color of the parts, where in some or probably rare cases, both or multiple beys would have the same or similar looking parts and/or, if the person is colorblind, the parts are the same/similar colors or the neither beys have colors visible to their type of colorblindness, so during and/or after battles, the colorblind person wouldn't be able to distinguish their bey from the opponent's bey.
(May. 09, 2019  12:05 AM)N10 Wrote:
(May. 07, 2019  1:35 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: There's currently no allowances in the rules to allow this, but I would imagine the easiest way to help someone with access to only one hand is to allow a second designated person hold the launcher for them; a team effort. It would be difficult to jury-rig a way to one hand launch without either making the launch on the weaker side or without modifying the launcher to the point where it might become an illegal part.

A nice suggestion, but for now, let assume that a disabled person playing is not participating in a tournament and is just playing casually.

Also let's not forget about blind/hard of seeing and colorblind people. Some of the problems that I think these kinds of people will run into is related to the shapes of beyblades parts and/or (exclusively for colorblind people) the color of the parts, where in some or probably rare cases, both or multiple beys would have the same or similar looking parts and/or, if the person is colorblind, the parts are the same/similar colors or the neither beys have colors visible to their type of colorblindness, so during and/or after battles, the colorblind person wouldn't be able to distinguish their bey from the opponent's bey.
I'd say that there is no way to help a person with a sight disability apart from any glasses, contact lenses, or any medication that they're already taking. Maybe a really colorblind person's best bet is to put a special sticker on their Bey in one of the legal spots so that there is no questioning which Bey is theirs.
(May. 07, 2019  12:45 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Isn't there a 'precision strike launcher' from hasbro? It can be used with one hand (I think). But, the launch power is nowhere near the power of a normal adult.

It is a wind-up launcher.

Oh, never mind. You have to hold the launcher to wind it up. That is a 2-hand task.

You could probably wind it up by holding the handle down with a foot and twisting the bey with your hand, then picking it up and pulling on the trigger at the right time like anyone else. Even then I can launch a proto launcher faster than I can get the Precision Strike launcher to go, so it's really not competitive at all unless you really wanna run exclusively spin equalization combos that don't need any sort of launch speed to work.
(May. 09, 2019  12:27 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(May. 09, 2019  12:05 AM)N10 Wrote: A nice suggestion, but for now, let assume that a disabled person playing is not participating in a tournament and is just playing casually.

I'd say that there is no way to help a person with a sight disability apart from any glasses, contact lenses, or any medication that they're already taking. Maybe a really colorblind person's best bet is to put a special sticker on their Bey in one of the legal spots so that there is no questioning which Bey is theirs.

I guess you got a point for hard-of-seeing. As for colorblindness, I was thinking the same thing, but putting a sticker on both beys, as well as making the stickers contrast with the beys color schemes as much as possible so they won't blend in. Probably also apply the stickers away from the center of the beys so the colors of the stickers with appear as "rings" on top of the beys.

As for the colors of the stickers, assuming there are two beys battling each other, the colors should be blue and orange, like the default colors in the original Splatoon and Rocket League. They're both distinguishable from each other regradless of the type of colorblindness. Black and white can also work too.

(May. 07, 2019  12:18 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I'm thinking that, for people with one injured hand, there should be a stand that holds the launcher so that they can launch with the working hand. If they can't use their forearm to keep the setup from moving, then the stand should be heavy and with rubber stoppers on the bottom.

For people with one functional arm, a stand could word. I'm thinking of accessories like a launcher grip that can easily switch sides without the need to remove it from the launcher used in conjunction with a vest or the like that a person wear to hold a ripcord. I'm also thinking of a "tool stand" that would allow for bey customization with only one hand