Make Beyblade an Olympic Sport

[Image: ewdCpPivzPaQMig-800x450-noPad.jpg]
Make Beyblade an Olympic Sport!!!!!

People We want Beyblade to be in Olympics Right!!!!

So from now we should tell the Olympics.

So this link is for that

https://www.change.org/p/olympic-make-be...mpic-sport

Here^

Please Sign this petition

3,888 supporters
1,112 needed to reach 5,000
Display my name and comment on this petition

By signing, you accept Change.org’s terms of service and privacy policy, and agree to receive occasional emails about campaigns on Change.org. You can unsubscribe at any time.

If it comes true beyblade will come a sport!!!
............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

why
Beyblade is a hobby, not a sport just like any other video game. Enjoy it as a hobby, not a sport, even an Olympic sport.
We've been arguing on the Beyblade Random Thoughts yesterday on how Beyblade never was and never will be considered as a sport. Do you think this thread is necessary ?
Well I really dunno what to say about it. But if ever Beyblade become something like that, I will be Happiest person in World Beyhahah

It never will. Not because it's not accepted, but because it is not an actual sport. Similar to how video games aren't a sport. This thread is not necessary and in my opinion, a stupid idea.

No offense
Not gonna happen, dude.
This was being discussed in one of the other topics.
This isn't going to work and I'll give my thoughts as to why?:
• I highly doubt anyone would take Beyblading seriously as a sport.
• It's technically a game, not a sport (or else things like Yu-Gi-Oh! and video games could also be considered official sports which they aren't).
• Would people really rather see spinning tops fight or see an intense race?
• Change.org almost never works.

I mean, I admire the dedication but this is going a little too far.
I'm sorry but ... what...
Just signing a petition really doesn't do anything.
Like I said before, I'll see you guys in Rio for Can Shooting.
Everybody has already covered most points, but this petition is obviously a joke, just look at the description. Also; as somebody else said, this does NOT make Beyblade s sport, this is not an official public poll, and made by somebody to garner attention. Change.org is not a site where all petitions that reach x number of votes actually achieve what the goal is.
This "debate" (Beyblade is/is not a sport) has seriously been happening for as long as the online Beyblade community has existed (so over a decade). I can't take it anymore
I may as well give my reasons on why I can't consider Beyblade a sport and only consider it a simple game.

While you are physically involved, you really only launch it as most of it is just watching and hoping you'll win, whereas many other sports, you are fully involved, or mostly at least, which does make Battle Strikers more of a sport IMO. I also don't think Beyblade is taken as seriously as other sports and it's appeal is mainly towards children, whereas other sports like chess and soccer are played by people of all ages. These might be invalid reasons but that's what I think.

LOL I doubt Beyblade Burst will be like boxing where you can wear those gum things to stop your teeth breaking.
(Jul. 01, 2016  10:13 PM)Jinbee Wrote: While you are physically involved, you really only launch it as most of it is just watching and hoping you'll win, whereas many other sports, you are fully involved, or mostly at least, which does make Battle Strikers more of a sport IMO. I also don't think Beyblade is taken as seriously as other sports and it's appeal is mainly towards children, whereas other sports like chess and soccer are played by people of all ages. These might be invalid reasons but that's what I think.

Yes, they are highly invalid reasons. You have no more control and far less player interaction with something like darts (a serious sport) than with beyblade. And calling chess a sport seems ridiculous to me. It's a competitive game but involes about as much physical input as water involves chewing.

Beyblade being aimed at children is like muggle quidditch being aimed at nerds. Neither is a respected pastime but that has no affect on whether it's a sport or not.

And, to try and refute one of Brad's complaints made prior to this thread, let's talk about how it's exculsive to one company. Or rather, how ultimate dodgeball, a high stakes game of extreme physical skill and prowess, has never been housed by any company other than Skyland. Nor can any competitor train elsewhere because the stadiums just do not exist.
Yes, this is a little different since beyblade is owned by Takara Tomy and Skyland only monopilises the ultimate dodgeball scene but there is no reason, hypothetically speaking, why TT couldn't become the overseers of a multi-company spinning top community. Not that that'll ever happen.

Even then though, being a sport is about the nature of a game, not who owns it. Who owns it and who its target demographic are only dictate how it is financed and whether it's broadcast and such.

Beyblade will never be an olympic sport but it is still as much of a sport as darts (which is, IMO, a very questionable case but that's not the point).
You can argue all you want that Beyblade is a sport by using extremely specific definitions and mentioning that requires some amount of physical exertion and skill (so does POGs, Marbles, and Jacks), but it's not a sport, and nobody in the world will ever seriously acknowledge it as such.

Beyblade matches are largely decided by the parts composition, which may I remind you, are mass-produced plastic and cheap metal parts that you can buy at Toys R Us. And never, ever in any sporting goods store.

There is a cartoon aimed at adolescents that solely exists to promote this toy. The packaging for these toys prominently displays the cartoon characters.

Why are people so hung up on this? Just because it's not a sport doesn't mean it's bad. Just because it's not a sport doesn't mean it doesn't require skill and strategy. It's just its own thing. You should enjoy it for what it is.
Well with Darts, while there isn't as much movement, you technically still get involved more in your matches as whenever you lose, it's due to your own bad aim. With Beyblade, while you have launch techniques and combos, to me anyway, it seems more of a game of chance, but I won't deny that there is a bit of skill involved. I will say Chess is a ridiculous idea for a sport but it's classified as such so there has to be a reason for it. In the end, it's really just a kids toy, something to get kids to shut up and play after a day at school or something.
Chess requires an incredibly high level of intellect and skill, which I guess would make up for the fact that it's not very physical.

Quote:In the end, it's really just a kids toy, something to get kids to shut up and play after a day at school or something.

I dunno, I also find this reading to be a bit too cynical. People obviously genuinely love it — just look at organizations like the WBO, or the huge turnout at WBBA tournaments in Japan right now. WARI BEY and the various other Beyblade teams. It's not "just a kid's toy, something to get kids to shut up and play;" it's an incredibly fun toy and well-designed game that has brought countless people together. It deserves the accolades and levels of enthusiasm it gets.

It's a toy, but it's obviously not just a toy.
LOL I didn't mean it like that, I only say this because I think Beyblade should be something to enjoy as an activity, I don't mean to say communities dedicated to Beyblades are bad because they still treat it as just a hobby instead of a sport which is fine.
Haha, I couldn't stand to see such harsh words thrown at Beyblade :p
(Jul. 02, 2016  12:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Haha, I couldn't stand to see such harsh words thrown at Beyblade :p

Yeah I didn't execute that correctly. My apologies.

Don't get me wrong, it's an intense game that gets interesting when you spend time with things like customisation and ways of launching and all that, and that's what makes it good as a hobby that anyone can enjoy.
(Jul. 02, 2016  12:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Chess requires an incredibly high level of intellect and skill, which I guess would make up for the fact that it's not very physical.

So quantum physics is a sport now?
I genuinely don't see how chess can qualify as a sport. Yes, it's an intense game. Yes, it's highly skillful. But it is 100% thought based.
(Jul. 02, 2016  12:59 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2016  12:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Chess requires an incredibly high level of intellect and skill, which I guess would make up for the fact that it's not very physical.

So quantum physics is a sport now?
I genuinely don't see how chess can qualify as a sport. Yes, it's an intense game. Yes, it's highly skillful. But it is 100% thought based.

lol, this is so disingenuous.

BTW, I don't know if chess is really a "sport" and I also don't care. It's classified as a "mind sport" on Wikipedia. If we can call Beyblade a "toy sport" maybe we can put this to rest once and for all.

Or we can just call it a game and a hobby as we've done forever. It has a lot more in common with Mini 4WD than Volleyball or whatever.
So in this case wa have to say precisely "What is a sport?" But I think that if it could come true, I'm really dreaming... ^^'
Lol is the only thing I can say.
There are so many sport that try to become an Olympic Game for years, do you really think that by getting only 5,000 people signing this petition will make it an Official Olympic Game.
if this petition was to get like 1 billion of signs or even more, I guess the CEO might think about it.

(Jul. 01, 2016  6:58 PM)Xstarhero Wrote: [Image: ewdCpPivzPaQMig-800x450-noPad.jpg]
Make Beyblade an Olympic Sport!!!!!

People We want Beyblade to be in Olympics Right!!!!

So from now we should tell the Olympics.

So this link is for that

https://www.change.org/p/olympic-make-be...mpic-sport

Here^

Please Sign this petition

3,888 supporters
1,112 needed to reach 5,000
Display my name and comment on this petition

By signing, you accept Change.org’s terms of service and privacy policy, and agree to receive occasional emails about campaigns on Change.org. You can unsubscribe at any time.

If it comes true beyblade will come a sport!!!