Magnecore

Bumping because I think it's finished, don't know what else to write;

Thanks to Arjun, Pichuscute, Bugturtles, G and Grey for their input

Magnacore.

The Magnecore was the second major revolution in beyblading (the first being the introduction of the Spin Gear and Left Spin). It introduced magnets to the game. The magnets were on the V and V2 beyblades and available separately from both Takara and Hasbro.

Types of Magnets

Neo SG North Core
For more information see Spin Gear
These would attract your beyblade to the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in defence / endurance types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight.

Neo SG South Core
These would repel your beyblade from the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in Attack types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight.

Neo SG Metal Weight (MW) Core
These were made of a light metal, therefore would neither attract or repel you from the magnets. These are not often used because of their minimum advantage over the original Spin Gear.

Normal Core
This only comes with the Dragoon V2, and is made entirely of plastic. It is lighter than the MW core and has virtually no use.

MG Weight Disk.
For more information see MG Weight Disk
This was only available with Dragoon V2 and Voltaic Ape. Also came in the Magnetic Accessory Pack (Hasbro) or in a pack of two (Takara). Has a north and south side.

MagnaDome
The Takara MG stadium, came with 6 circular magnets and 3 magnetic rods. On top is just a usual Takara beystadium.

MagneDome DX
Has a slot for magnets on the top as well. Also the only Takara beystadium with a pocket.

Hasbro Magnetic Tray
Designed to fit underneath a normal Hasbro beystadium. It causes the Stadium to wobble and only fits the circle magnets.

Tests
To test the effect of magnet placement on the tray, an attack combo consisting of
AR: Try Wing (Trygle)
WD: 10 Wide
BB Grip Base
was against the defense combo consisting of
Defence Combo
AR : War Lion
Sub-AR : War Lion
WD :MG WD (North Side forced Down)
SG : Neo Right North Core
BB : SG Metal Ball Base (4 Metal Balls)
The results were as followed.
Defense won 4 times, Attack won once. With the magnets blocking the pockets.
Defense moved from one magnet to the other, and the attack pocketed itself. The stadium was Hasbro Spin Blaster. To make sure it wasn't a fluke the test was done again with the same defence combo against this attack one.
AR: 8 Spiker
WD Wide Defense
SG Neo Left South Core
BB Storm Grip Base

Attack won 2 times, Defence won 2 times and their was one draw.
Then the combos were tested in the Takara MFB Balance stadium. The results were as follows.
Defence won 5 out of 5 against the first combo, it won 4 out of 5 against the second one. However this was probably just down to luck.

Overall
The Magnets were an interesting revolution for beyblade. It made the game a little more luck based, perhaps to even it up for the weaker players.
(Feb. 18, 2009  12:11 PM)Giga Wrote: Bumping because I think it's finished, don't know what else to write;

Thanks to Arjun, Pichuscute, Bugturtles, G and Grey for their input

Magnacore.

The Magnecore was the second major revolution in beyblading (the first being the introduction of the Spin Gear and Left Spin). It introduced magnets to the game. The magnets were on the V and V2 beyblades and available separately from both Takara and Hasbro.

Types of Magnets

Neo SG North Core
These would attract your beyblade to the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in defense / endurance types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight.

Neo SG South Core
These would repel your beyblade from the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in Attack types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight.

Neo SG Metal Weight (MW) Core
These were made of a light metal, therefore would neither attract or repel you from the magnets. These are not often used because of their minimum advantage over the original Spin Gear.

Normal Core
This only comes with the Dragoon V2, and is made entirely of plastic. It is lighter than the MW core and has virtually no use.

MG Weight Disk.
For more information see MG Weight Disk
This was only available with Dragoon V2 and Voltaic Ape. Also came in the Magnetic Accessory Pack (Hasbro) or in a pack of two (Takara). Has a north and south side.

MagnaDome
The Takara MG stadium, came with 6 circular magnets and 3 magnetic rods. On top is just a usual Takara beystadium.

MagneDome DX
Has a slot for magnets on the top as well. Also the only Takara beystadium with a pocket.

Hasbro Magnetic Tray
Designed to fit underneath a normal Hasbro beystadium. It causes the Stadium to wobble and only fits the circle magnets. It came with six magnets.

Tests
To test the effect of magnet placement on the tray, an attack combo consisting of
AR: Try Wing (Trygle)
WD: 10 Wide
BB Grip Base

was against the defense combo consisting of

Defence Combo
AR : War Lion
Sub-AR : War Lion
WD :MG WD (North Side forced Down)
SG : Neo Right North Core
BB : SG Metal Ball Base (4 Metal Balls)
The Stadium used was the Hasbro Spin Blaster, and the results were as followed.

With the magnets blocking the pockets, Defense won 4/5 times while the Attack won 1/5. Defense shifted from one magnet to the other, whereas the attack pocketed itself. To try and reduce the probability of luck, this test was repeated with the same defense combo against a new attack customization .

AR: 8 Spiker
WD Wide Defense
SG Neo Left South Core
BB Storm Grip Base

Attack won 2/5, Defense 2/5, and Draw 1/5

A final test with the combos was conducted in the Takara MFB Balance stadium which produced these figures.

Defense won 5/5 against the first attack combo and 4/5 against the second one.

Overall
The Magnacore system were an interesting revolution for beyblade. It increased the factor of luck in this game allowing for more unpredictable results; perhaps to even it up for the weaker players. It definitely was an entertaining system, worthy of a spot for Collectors and players with preference to the Plastic Series.

Made some changes in the test section; and there was one sentence that was a bit unclear. Check it out and see what you like. Nice Job!
Just a suggestion; try not to use words like probably, maybe, might, etc. in articles.
The luck thing was stating the fact the Attack combo won was down to luck, should I remove it? If we remove that sentence and use the modified version is it ready to go on the wiki?
(Feb. 19, 2009  1:09 PM)Giga Wrote: The luck thing was stating the fact the Attack combo won was down to luck, should I remove it? If we remove that sentence and use the modified version is it ready to go on the wiki?

You could, or you could reword it to be more clear. I mean the main point is to emphasize that the offense combos got spanked. We can assume that the readers would have the capacity to figure out that luck may have played a factor.
So I shall remove that, is it worth posting again just to remove it?
I could just edit it out of my reply if that is the only change.
Hasbro Magnetic Tray
Designed to fit underneath a normal Hasbro beystadium. It causes the Stadium to wobble and only fits the circle magnets. It came with six magnets.
Thats the only other thing
The changes have been made. Lemme know if anything else comes to mind. However I think it is pretty much ready to load. All that is needed are some pics
What pics? The WD and SGs?
(Feb. 19, 2009  3:22 PM)Giga Wrote: What pics? The WD and SGs?

Maybe the tray, comparisons of the magnacore with previous spin gears, WD, Takara Magnacore Stadium etc.. I am sure some of the members own this stuff if you don't. I only have the tray and no Hasbro Stadium (lol)
Useful, I'll take some comparison ones later and the Weight Disk, we have some photos already on the SG article and the tray and Hasbro stadium,need someone else todo the Takara stadiums though.
Any more adjustments? Or
Shall I upload it to the wiki? ( How exactly do you make a new page Chief - Sigh ... seriously? )
If your approved by Brad, you search the name that you want the page to be named, then click create a page with this name(or whatever) when it says it can't find one. THere's a stickied thread telling you how to make the actual article.
Cool, thanks so can I put it up?
here is the page
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Magnecore
Not sure about the formating but hey, someone can change that Grin
Can someone add it to the front page?
Maybe you should learn how to format before posting articles.
Sorry, thought it was bb codes and such got a surprise ,only know basic HTML Uncertain
Is it alright?
Ummm, it's simple, there's a thread that tell's you how to do everything.
(Feb. 19, 2009  10:50 PM)Giga Wrote: Where?

oh come on, it's stickied at the top of the forum

try looking before asking
Thank you, I thought itwas plain HTML =|= i'll redo it in the morning, can't hurt though
Can't you just look at how the other articles have been formatted and go from there? Gasp